watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With no riverside stand

Started by Andy S, May 28, 2019, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

The ball is going in the Thames a fair few times next season. They'll have to bring back the man in the boat

H4usuallysitting

Also it's going to be blinking freezing when the wind blows - I think we should each be given a Riverside season ticket holder to keep us warm

love4ffc

One would think that a temporary barrier wall would be put in place to separate the pitch from the construction.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ron

Quote from: love4ffc on May 28, 2019, 10:04:35 PM
One would think that a temporary barrier wall would be put in place to separate the pitch from the construction.

Has anyone got any ideas for appropriate decoration that might be applied to any such wall?  Perhaps illustrations of past and present people dear to the club ...or maybe a view of the Thames Barrier to remind us what defending used to be...... or.........?

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ron on May 28, 2019, 11:30:32 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on May 28, 2019, 10:04:35 PM

Has anyone got any ideas for appropriate decoration that might be applied to any such wall?  Perhaps illustrations of past and present people dear to the club ...or maybe a view of the Thames Barrier to remind us what defending used to be...... or.........?

How about a nice picture of the boat race

HamsterWheel

Will be a useful time-wasting trick - in the unlikely event we're winning with a few minutes to go then just keep hoofing it into the river. They'll soon run out of  balls.

Andy S

I expect we will have Buckingham's boys getting the ball back when it goes over the fence and a man in a boat fishing it out of the river. And a good stock of about 15 balls in the dug out. That should break up the Saturday monotony of a 0-0 draw as well as some half decent photography. Are there any pictures of the original stand being built?

bobby01

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 28, 2019, 09:36:06 PM
Also it's going to be blinking freezing when the wind blows - I think we should each be given a Riverside season ticket holder to keep us warm

:wow: 064.gif 064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

it will be an amazing view at some point from the stevenage rd stand, with the pitch in front of you and potentially a full view of the river beyond that, albeit perhaps a bit of a building site in between

Riversider

Also it's going to be blinking freezing when the wind blows - I think we shou

ld each be given a Riverside season ticket holder to keep us warm

Don't be concerned as according to somebody on here the Club have done extensive tests on wind direction and apparently the wind doesn't blow at the back of The Riverside Stand

aaronmcguigan

Can we get something completely typically Khan-ish? Like a hugeeeee digital scoreboard the length of the stand. The scoreboard will also show AEW wrestling during the timeouts and between each round of soccer

Hammer Smith

I think the perfect design for covering a barrier wall in front of the Riverside Stand would be either an artist's impression or a actual photographic image of a packed match day stand. That way, it would help make the ground feel less empty by avoiding the sense of a cavernous gap, & you wouldn't notice much difference atmosphere wise as it would be just as noisy as before.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Hammer Smith on May 29, 2019, 12:16:08 PM
I think the perfect design for covering a barrier wall in front of the Riverside Stand would be either an artist's impression or a actual photographic image of a packed match day stand. That way, it would help make the ground feel less empty by avoiding the sense of a cavernous gap, & you wouldn't notice much difference atmosphere wise as it would be just as noisy as before.
Easily done on Digital Print mesh,which will also diffuse the Wind.You have probably seen similar graphics on the buildings on the elevated section of the M4 around Brentford.

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on May 29, 2019, 11:44:20 AM
Also it's going to be blinking freezing when the wind blows - I think we shou

ld each be given a Riverside season ticket holder to keep us warm

Don't be concerned as according to somebody on here the Club have done extensive tests on wind direction and apparently the wind doesn't blow at the back of The Riverside Stand

In case anyone is interested in revisiting that thread, you can find it here
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=62820.msg919817#msg919817

To summarise for anyone who can't be bothered to read it, it's basically just some tart whinging about a bit of cold at a football match  086.gif

New Kid on the Block

FWIW Buckingham is the company that are building Brentford's new stadium.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Build a bit of terracing and put up the flagpoles and let's go back to the 60s and very early 70s when I used to stand on that side of the ground before the stand which financially crippled the club for many years was built.
The match against Benfica with Eusebio which we won 3-2 officially opened the stand in 1972, I wonder who they will find to officially open the new one about 50 years later.

Camel Club

The only thing that concerns me is the loss of atmosphere in a 3 sided ground. I hope some thought has been given to the acoustics because it would be a shame if all the noise just drifted across the Thames to Barnes Common. If that happens it makes it harder for home advantage to count.

TommyFFCGun

Slightly off point but with the Riverside Development now in full swing did Team Khan ever commission designs for the development of the rest of the ground? I am curious to see what it would look like completely redeveloped.