more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

KMac and our midfield next season

Started by TommyFFCGun, May 29, 2019, 02:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyFFCGun

Quote from: filham on May 31, 2019, 10:25:49 AM
Well after all of that what is clear is that we are pretty strong in midfield at the moment with Anquissi, K. Mac, Cairney, Johansen and Seri, just up to Parker to choose the right players for each match, interesting to see if they all stay.

Suspect that Seri will want to move on but even that would leave four capable players in midfield, bring back Norwood and we would be set for the season.

Agree with all of this but think Seri will be gone and Norwood is wanted by The Blades. He deserves his walk in the Sun. Whatever combination we play provided it observes the principle of balance between attack and defence minded players we'll be fine. As others have said we should have the depth to be flexible depending upon the strengths and weaknesses of our opponents. I just hope Scott gives game time to some of the youngsters. Over the course of the season this should be possible. I'd still like to see KMac more often than not as I feel we are team that lacks obvious leaders. I have a feeling Mawson might develop into one and Mitrovic has it in him. Of course that depends on him keeping his head and staying with us.

Speaking of KMac did anyone see Krystian Bielek for Charlton in the playoffs? He looks about 30 but is only 21 and occupies a similar position to KMac. He's on loan from Arsenal and is a Polish U21 player. Wouldn't mind him at all.

simplyfulham

Quote from: TommyFFCGun on May 31, 2019, 01:11:43 PM
Norwood is wanted by The Blades.

He's officially a blade. Signed for them on a permanent in Jan.

TommyFFCGun

@jolslover

Quote from: TommyFFCGun on May 31, 2019, 01:11:43 PM
Quote from: filham on May 31, 2019, 10:25:49 AM
Well after all of that what is clear is that we are pretty strong in midfield at the moment with Anquissi, K. Mac, Cairney, Johansen and Seri, just up to Parker to choose the right players for each match, interesting to see if they all stay.

Suspect that Seri will want to move on but even that would leave four capable players in midfield, bring back Norwood and we would be set for the season.

Agree with all of this but think Seri will be gone and Norwood is wanted by The Blades. He deserves his walk in the Sun. Whatever combination we play provided it observes the principle of balance between attack and defence minded players we'll be fine. As others have said we should have the depth to be flexible depending upon the strengths and weaknesses of our opponents. I just hope Scott gives game time to some of the youngsters. Over the course of the season this should be possible. I'd still like to see KMac more often than not as I feel we are team that lacks obvious leaders. I have a feeling Mawson might develop into one and Mitrovic has it in him. Of course that depends on him keeping his head and staying with us.

Speaking of KMac did anyone see Krystian Bielek for Charlton in the playoffs? He looks about 30 but is only 21 and occupies a similar position to KMac. He's on loan from Arsenal and is a Polish U21 player. Wouldn't mind him at all.

Bielek is great, looked great in the play offs. Would definitely have him but to be honest I think we should focus on other areas.
STH H3

The Rational Fan

Before FoF fans suggest discard midfielders, remember the midfielder we have can play most positions.

Below a team that can beat lower and mid table championship teams, composed almost entirely midfielders.

Mitrovoic   

Kebano  Johasen  Cairney

Anguissa   Seri

Edun   Mawson  McDonald  Cisse

Betts

Better to keep what we have, than encourage TK sell these players to get money so our current DoF can buy new ones.

What really worries me in that squad is who will cover Mitrovoic, because I doubt he cannot play 4140+ minutes for Fulham a season especially if he has any international duty. Buy Gayle to cover these CF and buy Kalas to cover Mawson.

TommyFFCGun

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 03, 2019, 03:50:54 AM
Before FoF fans suggest discard midfielders, remember the midfielder we have can play most positions.

Below a team that can beat lower and mid table championship teams, composed almost entirely midfielders.

Mitrovoic   

Kebano  Johasen  Cairney

Anguissa   Seri

Betts

Better to keep what we have, than encourage TK sell these players to get money so our current DoF can buy new ones.

What really worries me in that squad is who will cover Mitrovoic, because I doubt he cannot play 4140+ minutes for Fulham a season especially if he has any international duty. Buy Gayle to cover these CF and buy Kalas to cover Mawson.

I am not advocating we sell any particular midfielders and see the logic in reverting to the midfield that drove our promotion. My thoughts on KMac I think are quite clear and I would not be averse to him starting the majority of the games. I would like space to be made for O'Reilly and De La Tore o feature sometimes.

I totally agree about your point re Mitrovic. With Kamara apparently persona non grata and the odd decision to let Stephen Humphrys go on a free we literally have nothing bar Rui Fonte behind Mitrovic. If Mitrovic stays he is the unquestioned starter but needs players with real speed playing close to him. I would not describe Ayite and Kebano as speed merchants. I would like to see a new winger.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: TommyFFCGun on June 03, 2019, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 03, 2019, 03:50:54 AM

Mitrovoic   

Kebano  Johasen  Cairney

Anguissa   Seri

Betts

I am not advocating we sell any particular midfielders and see the logic in reverting to the midfield that drove our promotion. My thoughts on KMac I think are quite clear and I would not be averse to him starting the majority of the games. I would like space to be made for O'Reilly and De La Tore o feature sometimes.

I totally agree about your point re Mitrovic. With Kamara apparently persona non grata and the odd decision to let Stephen Humphrys go on a free we literally have nothing bar Rui Fonte behind Mitrovic. If Mitrovic stays he is the unquestioned starter but needs players with real speed playing close to him. I would not describe Ayite and Kebano as speed merchants. I would like to see a new winger.

If Mitrovoic gets injured for 41 days like he has before in Dec 2017, then that could the nine to ten games that ruin our chance of automatic promotion.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 29, 2019, 06:41:05 PM
I think we may end up with Arter but not sure what part of midfield he plays.

Hatchet man and fight starter.
:-)
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 05, 2019, 01:26:15 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 29, 2019, 06:41:05 PM
I think we may end up with Arter but not sure what part of midfield he plays.

Hatchet man and fight starter.
:-)

Perfect for the Championship then
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"