watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack

Started by MikeW, May 29, 2019, 04:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Couldn't believe this from the BBC web site today:  In line for a pay rise? He must have one hell of an agent.

Ross McCormack: The Scottish striker still has one more season to run on the four-year deal he signed when he was signed for £12m from Fulham in August 2016. He is reportedly in line for a rise to £70,000 a week as a result of Villa's promotion.
He has not played in the Championship for Villa since January 2017 - just days before the infamous story broke that he had not turned up for training as the electronic gates outside of his house would not open. He went out on loan to Nottingham Forest for the rest of that season.
Then in 2017-18, after two early-season Carabao Cup appearances off the bench for Villa, he spent a prolific three months in the Australian A League, scoring 14 goals in as many starts for Melbourne City.
In 2018-19, he returned down under to play for Central Coast Mariners, but played just five times before returning to the UK to join Scottish Premiership side Motherwell, for whom he made four appearances.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

aaronmcguigan

He signed the villa contract as one of the top championship goalscorers of the decade, and left us to join a relegated team full of parachute payments. Any player in a team going for promotion would have a promotion wage increase built in as like most of our squad did.

He has said he regrets leaving us, but he was always looking the extra few quid here, he must have signed a new deal every few months while he was with us!

gang

One of our good purchases and definately one of our best sales.

hovewhite

A player that has used the football transfer system to the full.

TommyFFCGun

He scored some important goals for us but I always felt we needed to play to accommodate him. There were rumours he didn't get on with Dembele 2.0 and seeing them play together it was clear which one had the most upside. I don't recall McContract ever playing in a successful team. I was not upset when he left and am still  064.gif about the fee now. Villa may have replaced us in the EPL but they still have that deadweight courtesy of us  :54:

sunburywhite

He scored some great goals and had a wicked free kick but he always struck me as being a chippy sweaty sock (Jock for our USA readers_
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Roberty

I suspect he had a relegation clause too - so it works both ways

They didn't have to sign him and they've had two years to pass him on to another club, just their bad luck that there are no other mugs on this planet.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

WindyCity

I Ronic

He'll make a wonderful agent, when he quits sitting on various benches.

sunburywhite

Quote from: WindyCity on May 29, 2019, 05:53:27 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on May 29, 2019, 05:22:37 PM
(Jock for our USA readers_

Jockass?

Meaning and Origin of the Scottish Name Jock
In Scotland, the name Jock is one that is among the most loved boys' names. The name  Jock is a form of the name John.

The exact meaning of Jock is 'god is gracious'. Scots have been known to use the surname as one that describes a person who is very athletic and is heavily involved in sports. Jock is also known as being a slang term that people used to describe a Scottish soldier as well.

Alternate forms of the name Jock is Jockie or Jockey.

Popularity of Jock
The name Jock was the 680th most popular boy's name in Scotland in 2014 according to figures released by the Scottish Government.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MikeW

Quote from: I Ronic on May 29, 2019, 06:19:22 PM
He'll make a wonderful agent, when he quits sitting on various benches.

Couldn't agree more!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

The Rational Fan

He has the great achievement at Melbourne City getting dropped after scoring 14 goals in 17 games for being late for training too often and then asked to leave.  :wow:

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 30, 2019, 06:32:48 AM
He has the great achievement at Melbourne City getting dropped after scoring 14 goals in 17 games for being late for training too often and then asked to leave.  :wow:

Clearly not a morning person or was it the gates again.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Well , we did well to sell him at the price we did. Not often you can say that about our dealings in the transfer market.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 30, 2019, 08:20:49 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 30, 2019, 06:32:48 AM
He has the great achievement at Melbourne City getting dropped after scoring 14 goals in 17 games for being late for training too often and then asked to leave.

Clearly not a morning person or was it the gates again.

A real achievement to score 6 goals in your last 4 games starting and then get asked to leave the club, especially as the rest of the team had only scored a breathtaking one goal in their last five games. I am sure the coach would have moved training to the afternoons if it helped.

Woolly Mammoth

I expect the coach had the simple choice of keeping one player happy and all the others unhappy. Or make one player unhappy and the others happy, and he made the right choice.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 30, 2019, 11:35:20 AM
I expect the coach had the simple choice of keeping one player happy and all the others unhappy. Or make one player unhappy and the others happy, and he made the right choice.

Melbourne City's training ground cost more to build than Motsphur Park, so they are obviously taking training very seriously.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 30, 2019, 01:25:01 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 30, 2019, 11:35:20 AM

Melbourne City's training ground cost more to build than Motsphur Park, so they are obviously taking training very seriously.

Yes it sounds as though they are, which is more than I can say for Mr McCormack throughout his career, he cannot keep blaming it on his electric gates.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Art Vandelay

Not surprising and I expect he received a very nice pay off.

Aston Villa release forward Ross McCormack after three years at the club.

The club's official statement reads on their website: "Aston Villa can confirm Ross McCormack is to leave the club after signing a variation agreement. The club would like to wish Ross well for the future."

junior white

A variation agreement means they have come to terms on the remaining terms of his contract (in this case 1 year left), it varies a lot depending if the player has something else lined up (usually discussions have been on going for a period so they try to line something up). Usually its around 6 months if a year is left