watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much influence has a kit sponsor?

Started by Andy S, June 01, 2019, 12:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Have you ever bought a product purely because it sponsored FFC?

Woolly Mammoth

No, never considered it or gave it any thought because that would be ill judged.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Good question.   Would think it would be more down to who the club gets a deal with and adds as a sponsor.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

..FOF..

There is a difference between branding and marketing.

In my opinion, branding is mostly to show that the business exist and that is where sponsorship on the kit comes in.

Marketing usually follows a set of calls to action and metric to measure conversion into actual sales. That usually happens when you visit their shop or website or look into their product further.

Andy S

It has always amazed me when sponsors like FX pro who used to be with us now Watford will have little appeal to the majority of supporters

Nero

X
Quote from: Andy S on June 01, 2019, 10:02:41 AM
It has always amazed me when sponsors like FX pro who used to be with us now Watford will have little appeal to the majority of supporters

but youve probably look at there website to see what they do, but i think it more to do with getting their name in front of a global audience and when people are looking for a service they recognise a name and are drawn towards them then other brands they havent heard of

and yea ive eaten a pizza hut

Milo

Quote from: ..FOF.. on June 01, 2019, 05:30:21 AM

In my opinion, branding is mostly to show that the business exist and that is where sponsorship on the kit comes in.

Marketing usually follows a set of calls to action and metric to measure conversion into actual sales. That usually happens when you visit their shop or website or look into their product further.

Sorry, I don't know much about this! Interesting though. Is the difference between branding and marketing the main reason for the 18 year old Instagram personality with 2m followers being unable to sell 36 t shirts this month?

Ie she wore the t shirts but didn't do enough marketing? Or have I missed the point? Probably!

filham

I find that as time passes advertising in any form is telling you less and less about the product, in fact in some TV advertisements  I have difficulty in deciding what is being advertised.

I like to think I am not at all influenced by advertising.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I went to Pizza Hut a few times. But never visited Florida. So I guess it's half and half.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Jamie88

Well the Pizza Hut one put me off buying that seasons shirt as a kid

..FOF..

Quote from: Milo on June 01, 2019, 10:28:35 AM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on June 01, 2019, 05:30:21 AM

Sorry, I don't know much about this! Interesting though. Is the difference between branding and marketing the main reason for the 18 year old Instagram personality with 2m followers being unable to sell 36 t shirts this month?

Ie she wore the t shirts but didn't do enough marketing? Or have I missed the point? Probably!

Yes:)

Not all who are famous, those who have branded themselves well, can translate that advantage into actual sales $$$

Same things you see with the so called startup cultures... Snapchat, Vine, some bike-sharing companies, etc

Vinnieffc

Been to pizza hut, worked at Betfair for 7 years but never used or needed Demon, Daffybet, GMB but did get a fridge from LG but never bought a Fulham shirt on the basis of a sponsor.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Ronnief

I've never bought a shirt with a sponsors name on it. I object to wearing things with company names especially betting companies.

Woolly Mammoth

The only shirt I ever wore with a company name on it was H.M.P.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Shirt sponsorship has certainly put me off certain products - e.g. Autoglass and Samsung.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Aaron

I always liked LG as a firm anyway, but I did make a point of buying one of their fridges when they were our shirt sponsor.

SWSixer

I have an LG TV but don't think the connection crossed my mind at the time.

Penfold

Quote from: Holders on June 03, 2019, 09:54:31 AM
Shirt sponsorship has certainly put me off certain products - e.g. Autoglass and Samsung.

Agreed. Fortunately, Coors beer is vile so never had any intention of drinking the muck. Don't drive so Yokohoma tyres irrelevant 😂

aaronmcguigan

For what it's worth, the lower down the pyramid you go, the more that a sponsor will target the fans of that club. For example a league 2 club may have a local company as its sponsor to create synergy, ie both the club and the sponsor target the same accessible audience.

In the premier league , it's to appeal to a worldwide audience. A Filipino bookmakers doesn't care about Fulham, it cares about the Philippines and wherever else it's potential customer base is, the whole world will see it so it's a massive cachement area.

Of our sponsors, I've never been in a Pizza Hut, award of but never used Betfair, still don't know what Grosvenor, Demon  or FxPro is and have only ever seen Dafabet on the front of various kits,
And I'm assuming dabs and pipex have been bought out and rebranded.

Other than that leaves LG but I've actually only used it as a customer whilst they sponsored Leicester

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Holders on June 03, 2019, 09:54:31 AM

Does that extend to Emirates airline? If Samsung made the best phones it wold not bother me who they sponsor