watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Albert Adomah anyone?

Started by Art Vandelay, June 01, 2019, 04:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Vandelay

Very decent player with a few years left in the tank, I think he would a great free signing.

Aston Villa have released eight players before their return to the Premier League including winger Albert Adomah and defender Micah Richards.

Adomah, 31, who started Championship play-off final win over Derby, has been let go with Mile Jedinak, Alan Hutton, Tommy Elphick, Glenn Whelan, Ritchie de Laet, Mark Bunn and Richards.

Whelan, 35, and Jedinak, 34, were unused substitutes at Wembley.

Former England international Richards, 30, had not played since October 2016.

Adomah, who joined Villa from Middlesbrough in 2016, made 36 Championship appearances in 2018-19, scoring four goals.

Republic of Ireland international Whelan started 23 league games during the season, having joined from Stoke in 2017, but lost his place to Conor Hourihane in the final stages of the campaign.

Hutton made 33 starts but played just once after getting injured in February while Australian Jedinak started 12 times.

Goalkeeper Bunn played just once, Elphick made 11 appearances after spending the first half the season on loan at Hull and De Laet was loaned to A-League side Melbourne City.

filham

Well there must be reasons why they haven't commanded places in the Villa team and we need to do better than Villa next season.
Unless Parker can see something special he needs in any of these players I think it is a pass.

Finnans Right Peg

I would take him on a free and elphick too

SP

A player I rated highly five years ago, but not now.

Burt

Villa's leading scorer two seasons ago... Didn't quite make it this season just gone. Clearly not going to cut it in the premier league now but on a free there's not much to risk...

The Rational Fan

A lot of great bench and squad players, so the price has to be cheap cheap cheap, if Rodak is our number two GK then Mark Bunn maybe good number three. I'd be buying Albert Adomah if the price is low, because he is a good bench player and we need to buy a right winger now to play the first five games, because its best that our deadline day signing RW doesn't have to start in the first month.

Most of these Aston Villa players would come at a one million per year per player price tag, and in positions RB, CB and RW that could really improve our bench.

Andy S

:drums:I'd take him on a trial pre season with the promise of a contract if he does well hi

The Rational Fan

FFC should be able to pick up M. Bunn GK, Hutton RB/LB, T. Elphick CB, Jedinak CB/DM and Adomah RW for combined 5 million per year, that's a lot of depth on the bench added for one season for not much money (bargain). Hiring these players is practically an insurance policy for any doubts FFC have about Rodak GK, Christie RB, Mawson CB, LeMarchand as LB, Anguissa as DM and Kamara RW in the Championship.