more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joshua fight

Started by sunburywhite, June 01, 2019, 09:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Anyone got any streams?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Art Vandelay

Been to see AJ fight at Wembley and Cardiff which were great experiences and fantastic atmosphere but can't get excited about this fight especially as it starts around 4am.

Good luck with finding a free stream.

Slaphead in Qatar

Just seen the result - Joshua lost  :doh:

Art Vandelay

I don't think he took the fight seriously and was looking beyond Ruiz to the potential fights against Wilder or Fury in the future. There will be a rematch in London before the end of the year which he really needs to win.

Woolly Mammoth

You respect every opponent that climbs in a ring to face you. Joshua failed to do that v Ruiz, and paid the price. What it does show is that any boxer who has a hammer punch like Ruiz will always stand a chance of winning with a knockout blow or a TKO.
That will now be on the grapevine round the heavyweight division that Joshua can be decked. As well as affecting his confidence. He now knows he is no longer immortal.
Plus Ruiz holds all the cards for the rematch when it comes to negotiating folding money.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodgin

Joshua showed the respect after the fight, Ruiz took his chance and will be a tough one to beat now.

DevonFFC

Joshua and Eddie have played the British and boxing public a fiddle. He deserved to lose and I'm glad his arrogance has caught up with him. Eddies cash cow just lost and under and he looked fuming. Great news for boxing as he can no longer sit in his ivory tower and dictate the fights to make sure he kept his 0

ffcne

Quote from: DevonFFC on June 02, 2019, 11:28:01 AM
Joshua and Eddie have played the British and boxing public a fiddle. He deserved to lose and I'm glad his arrogance has caught up with him. Eddies cash cow just lost and under and he looked fuming. Great news for boxing as he can no longer sit in his ivory tower and dictate the fights to make sure he kept his 0

Totally agree .Lot of hype about Joshua and his physique.
But the likes of Fury and Ruiz are proper fighters and scrappers.
Think Joshua has let all the hype about him make him take his foot off the gas.
Paraded around as some superstar but has'nt really done much as yet.

Wingnut

Watched the fight. Think he underestimated Ruiz big time. Ruiz is a really good fighter and a very good boxer. Joshua wanted out after the third knock down. Fury and Wilder would have too much for him.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Andy S

It's a barbaric sport and should be banned. What is it that people like about watching somebody getting their head shoved in.

Milo

Ruiz has put on a lot of weight since leaving FFC

bencher

Quote from: Milo on June 02, 2019, 12:47:11 PM
Ruiz has put on a lot of weight since leaving FFC

:005:

Probably gone a bit too far, but he could have used some of that bulk while he was with us...

Statto

Quote from: ffcne on June 02, 2019, 11:51:50 AM

Think you're being unfair on AJ himself. Comes across as a decent, humble guy and he's still a top boxer - IMO he lost this fight purely by being too complacent and keen for the knockout after he'd put Ruiz down.

Agree entirely about Eddie Hearn though. Drove too hard a bargain with Wilder and didn't show Fury anywhere near enough respect. Look where it's got his fighter - bottom of the pile. No leverage and declining popularity. I still think he's the best in the division and yet somehow his career is now hanging by a thread because of Hearn. That thread being the rematch clause with Ruiz.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on June 02, 2019, 12:02:35 PM
It's a barbaric sport and should be banned. What is it that people like about watching somebody getting their head shoved in.

Boxing teaches discipline and how to defend yourself. I won't bore you with all the other reasons why it's a good sport as you may not understand.
You want to talk about barbaric sports, just attend the Houses of Parliament every day and you shall witness plenty of Barbarism.

Never forget your Roots.

ffcne

Quote from: Statto on June 02, 2019, 01:46:03 PM

Think you're being unfair on AJ himself. Comes across as a decent, humble guy and he's still a top boxer - IMO he lost this fight purely by being too complacent and keen for the knockout after he'd put Ruiz down.

Agree entirely about Eddie Hearn though. Drove too hard a bargain with Wilder and didn't show Fury anywhere near enough respect. Look where it's got his fighter - bottom of the pile. No leverage and declining popularity. I still think he's the best in the division and yet somehow his career is now hanging by a thread because of Hearn. That thread being the rematch clause with Ruiz.

Just listened to his interview.  One quote :Boxers ,box 50% to 20% better when they fight me.
Making excuses.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ffcne on June 02, 2019, 03:24:08 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 02, 2019, 01:46:03 PM

Just listened to his interview.  One quote :Boxers ,box 50% to 20% better when they fight me.
Making excuses.

It's not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man. 

Never forget your Roots.