Main Menu

When will the transfer window open

Started by The Swan, June 01, 2019, 09:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2019, 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 06, 2019, 04:01:13 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2019, 03:09:16 AM
So on that basis then, we have 63 more shopping days before the Window closes.

Every player will be too overpriced for the first 62 days.

Assuming you are being serious, and not having a little lighthearted banter to which I empathise with, and I can deduce the humour in that. But if not who says they will be over priced, where is the logic in that.
Even if they are as you say overpriced, the player may not be overpriced in Fulhams view. As why wait until the last day, as it would be worth the extra to get these players involved and organised during preseason, which will prepare them for the start of the season. That's where the clowns in charge of recruitment made such a pigs ear of last years preseason and organisation. No wonder Slavisa always seemed to walk around with an expression of disdain on his face.
It's not necessary the players so called market value, it can also be how much a club is prepared to pay to get their man in reasonable time, and pip any other interested clubs before they get off the starting blocks, or has that not occurred to you.

You saying its better to buy players early in the transfer window. I assume you must be happy with the players we bought before 25th July 2018 MLM, Seri and Fabri, more than the players we bought after 25th July 2018 Mitro, Mawson, Anguissa and Bryan. All that extra time to integrate should have helped, Did the extra time help?

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 06, 2019, 08:22:58 AM
You saying its better to buy players early in the transfer window. I assume you must be happy with the players we bought before 25th July 2018 MLM, Seri and Fabri, more than the players we bought after 25th July 2018 Mitro, Mawson, Anguissa and Bryan.
Of those 'late' buys only Mitro delivered arguable value for money and already tried and tested as a loan.  In hindsight we may have been better off securing/signing all our loaned players from the promotion season. 

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro, Mawson, Chambers and Bryan were good additions, the rest were a waste of space. But the fact that hardly any of them were involved in preseason friendlies spoke volumes of how poorly organised and prepared Fulham were, which reflected in Fulhams performances and results, and the ultimate conclusion was, that not only did we lose the manager that got us promoted, but we were relegated long before the conclusion of the season, and yet unfortunately and cannot be comprehended, is that TK is still here, yes that's right, the Owners son is still in office, and you think Fulham are going to live happily ever after with him pulling the strings in the recruitment department, you have to consider to cease defending the indefensible.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

On the topic of doing business early, if Hazzard goes Real Madrid will have signed three blockbusters already.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Mince n Tatties

The wife and I been away for a week,and come back to the news we haven't signed anyone yet...Zzzzz

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 06, 2019, 09:45:18 AM
The wife and I been away for a week,and come back to the news we haven't signed anyone yet...Zzzzz

63 more days to go before the panic third choice signings roll in.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.