watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When will the transfer window open

Started by The Swan, June 01, 2019, 09:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I was wondering when the transfer window will open. I do hope that our new manager has got some players lined up.
The Swan

JoelH5

It's been open for domestic transfers for a couple of weeks. May 17th I think it was.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Swan

The Swan

filham

More to the point is when does it close, hope it doesn't run a couple of weeks into the new season, always feel we are at risk of losing our best players in that period.

OldBrownShoe

He may well have some preferred wanted players but will our billionaire owner and son act upon his advice?
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Tabby

Quote from: filham on June 02, 2019, 10:01:37 AM
More to the point is when does it close, hope it doesn't run a couple of weeks into the new season, always feel we are at risk of losing our best players in that period.

The English one closes before the season starts. Doubt many of our players would get poached by clubs outside of England, so I'm not worried about that.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on June 02, 2019, 10:17:40 AM
He may well have some preferred wanted players but will our billionaire owner and son act upon his advice?

Unfortunately going by past records a resounding no.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

The deadline for Championship Clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations will close at 5pm on Thursday 8 August, 2019.

League One and League Two Clubs will have until 5pm on Monday 2 September, 2019, due to August 31 falling on a Saturday.

filham

Quote from: Burt on June 02, 2019, 04:30:15 PM

The deadline for Championship Clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations will close at 5pm on Thursday 8 August, 2019.

League One and League Two Clubs will have until 5pm on Monday 2 September, 2019, due to August 31 falling on a Saturday.

So Mitro , Sess. and Anguissa could have a full pre season with us and then be snapped up by say Spurs and West Ham just as the season starts leaving us without time to get replacements in.

deadcowboys

Prem League window closed 8th August.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: filham on June 03, 2019, 05:49:42 PM

So Mitro , Sess. and Anguissa could have a full pre season with us and then be snapped up by say Spurs and West Ham just as the season starts leaving us without time to get replacements in.

You could make the same case for saying any of them could stay here past the domestic deadline and then move to teams abroad between the 8th and the end of August. Just have to trust that the Khans/Tony Khan won't be daft enough to sell without a replacement lined up/sufficient time to get a replacement in like they did when they kept Dembele and McCormack in January 2016.

The Rational Fan

"The Championship" Transfer Window closes on the 8th August, I understand this is the date we cannot buy any more players.

And my understanding is the "Ligue 1" Transfer Window closes on the 2nd September.

Does that mean Fulham can sell (or loan) players to "Ligue 1" until the 2nd September (i.e. after game five)?

ByTheRiver

For us? The day it also closes usually...

N_O_W_S

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 05, 2019, 02:12:09 PM
"The Championship" Transfer Window closes on the 8th August, I understand this is the date we cannot buy any more players.

And my understanding is the "Ligue 1" Transfer Window closes on the 2nd September.

Does that mean Fulham can sell (or loan) players to "Ligue 1" until the 2nd September (i.e. after game five)?

As i understand it we can sell to a Ligue 1 side until 2nd September but couldnt sign with them as out window closes 8th August.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on June 03, 2019, 05:49:42 PM

Premier League also closes August 8. So it is business as usual.

Statto

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Ols_S on June 05, 2019, 02:57:31 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 05, 2019, 02:12:09 PM

As i understand it we can sell to a Ligue 1 side until 2nd September but couldnt sign with them as out window closes 8th August.

I would be shocked if Fabri, Seri or Fonte would be purchased by English Clubs given the "breakeven price for a Fulham Sale" is very high for those players, they are much more likely to have big offers Turkish or French clubs. Can we keep them for the first few games, test them in the Championship and then sell/loan them to French clubs if excess to requirements?

Woolly Mammoth

So on that basis then, we have 63 more shopping days before the Window closes.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2019, 03:09:16 AM

Every player will be too overpriced for the first 62 days.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 06, 2019, 04:01:13 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2019, 03:09:16 AM

Every player will be too overpriced for the first 62 days.

Assuming you are being serious, and not having a little lighthearted banter to which I empathise with, and I can deduce the humour in that. But if not who says they will be over priced, where is the logic in that.
Even if they are as you say overpriced, the player may not be overpriced in Fulhams view. As why wait until the last day, as it would be worth the extra to get these players involved and organised during preseason, which will prepare them for the start of the season. That's where the clowns in charge of recruitment made such a pigs ear of last years preseason and organisation. No wonder Slavisa always seemed to walk around with an expression of disdain on his face.
It's not necessary the players so called market value, it can also be how much a club is prepared to pay to get their man in reasonable time, and pip any other interested clubs before they get off the starting blocks, or has that not occurred to you.

Never forget your Roots.