more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Phil Jagielka / Gary Cahill

Started by KeenCottager, June 06, 2019, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenCottager

Both out of contract.

I would take either and play them in each away game at least.  Bundles of experience.

gang

So is Buffon; 40 years old and still beter than any keeper we will sign.

junior white

both didnt look too good last season, if i were forced to take one I would probably pick Jagielka, luckily I do not have too

Wingnut

Watched the Everton v Arsenal game on Sky last season and Jagielka was excellent in that game. Led the defense and was MOTM if I remember correctly. Not sure he has the legs for the amount of football we are going to play next season, unfortunately.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

GrumpyWhite

I would not like either of these guys playing for FFFC

filham

No, somehow doesn't seem a good fit for us, we should be thinking more of players approaching or at their peak.

Skatzoffc

But we have needed a defensive pairing fot 5 seasons now and still not sorted it.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Rational Fan

I except both of them to join the clubs they started their careers at Sheffield United and Aston Villa.

filham

Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 06, 2019, 08:49:59 PM
But we have needed a defensive pairing fot 5 seasons now and still not sorted it.
Let us all hope it is on Parker's priority list and sorted before the start of the season.

Deuce

Quote from: junior white on June 06, 2019, 01:38:09 PM
both didnt look too good last season, if i were forced to take one I would probably pick Jagielka, luckily I do not have too
Erhm, Cahill played two games in the league and four in EL. Bit harsh saying he didnt look good considering he hardly played at all.

Cahill not playing is a result of Sarris prefered style of football, and what he wants in his cb, rather than Cahill playing poorly

BernieBoy

I would take either, but believe both highly unlikely as neither would want to drop to The Championship. Cahill had the chance to come to us in January and try and help us battle relegation, but he opted against that knowing he'd be out of contract with other offers in the summer. I suspect both him and Jagielka are still good enough to be earning a 2 year deal at a premier league side.

Nero

[rehaps we could go 3 at the back and throw Ashley Williams in as well and get all 3

BernieBoy

Quote from: Nero on June 08, 2019, 07:44:02 AM
[rehaps we could go 3 at the back and throw Ashley Williams in as well and get all 3

Great idea!

Burt

Apparently Celtic are interested in Jagielka.