watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trouble in Porto ahead of the England game

Started by Burt, June 06, 2019, 12:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Looks like the usual combination of too much sunshine, too much beer and not enough brains is resulting in a bit of trouble. Hope it doesn't become bigger news than the match itself.

Buffalo76

Don't think it's partly due 2 booze n sun. Unfortunately we're the international version of Millwall. Pity a small number of lowlifes give the majority of decent, law abiding England supporters a bad name.

hovewhite

People calling the thugs ,fans amazes me.

Wingnut

Shameful behaviour and it's going to overshadow the game. Feel sorry for all of the decent fans who are out there.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

fulhamben

I take everything reported on England fans with a pinch of salt. I'll never forget the last euros where our media reported that our fans just started attacking Russians fans for no reason. But thanks to the magic of Twitter, you could see a video of what actually happened, the England fans were sitting peacefully outside a bar/cafe when a mob of Russians turned up and threw molotovs at them. But our
media only showed the part where they were defending themselves, which did look bad without context
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: fulhamben on June 06, 2019, 04:01:45 PM
I take everything reported on England fans with a pinch of salt. I'll never forget the last euros where our media reported that our fans just started attacking Russians fans for no reason. But thanks to the magic of Twitter, you could see a video of what actually happened, the England fans were sitting peacefully outside a bar/cafe when a mob of Russians turned up and threw molotovs at them. But our
media only showed the part where they were defending themselves, which did look bad without context

Why would the media stick up for Russia against our own fans? UK media hates Russia.

fulhamben

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 06, 2019, 04:22:12 PM

Why would the media stick up for Russia against our own fans? UK media hates Russia.
you would have to ask them that, but they did
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

YankeeJim

The media wants controversy. The "news" is entertainment and entertainment is too often stereotypes. The vicious English thug sells well, just like the Klan sells well on this side of the pond.  Truth be damned.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 06, 2019, 06:19:23 PM

The media wants controversy. The "news" is entertainment and entertainment is too often stereotypes. The vicious English thug sells well, just like the Klan sells well on this side of the pond.  Truth be damned.
Newspapers seem to thrive on bad news. English fans behaving themselves is never going to make a headline in an English newspaper.

All the more reason of course for all of our fans to ensure they are always on good behaviour.

Wolf

Quote from: fulhamben on June 06, 2019, 05:29:48 PM

you would have to ask them that, but they did

I don't believe they did. Media reported two days and nights of drunken yobbery and anti-social behaviour, similar to the embarrassing stuff in Portugal yesterday, but I don't recall any suggestion in the media that on match day England fans were attacking Russia fans.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots