watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Kit release date?

Started by snarks, June 07, 2019, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Really haven't seen anything about this, not even a teaser from the club.

I know we are always one of the last to release our kit, but does anyone have an idea when a launch date is?

bill taylors apprentice

Is there a reason why we are always the last (or so it seems) to reveal our new kit year after year?

We get well into the summer and kids all around are wearing their new shirts on holiday, while we still wait!

Doe's it really matter?
I suppose if your going to buy a shirt you will buy it whenever, even if its only revealed the week the season starts!

Surely there's some publicity and marketing opportunities to be had by getting it sorted well in advance of the new season?

Statto

Work on the Riverside Stand was scheduled to start in May 2019... we didn't even know whether it was going ahead until 22 May.

The transfer window runs from June to 8 August... most of our business will be done on Thursday night, 8 August.

The new kit will be released whenever is the latest possible moment a club can release its kit.

Welcome to Fulham

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on June 07, 2019, 11:10:15 AM
Work on the Riverside Stand was scheduled to start in May 2019... we didn't even know whether it was going ahead until 22 May.

The transfer window runs from June to 8 August... most of our business will be done on Thursday night, 8 August.

The new kit will be released whenever is the latest possible moment a club can release its kit.

Welcome to Fulham

I agree!
You'd think we would have got used to it all by now but they club have an innate talent for poor communication etc.

Two Ton Ted

I find this astonishing ever year. Not that I buy them, but if I did I'd want to wear the new shirt over the summer, when it's, supposed to be anyway, short sleeve weather.

You see kids especially wearing new team shirts on holiday, but it's always last minute with FFC. No wonder they have so many on huge sale prices at the end of every season.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Andy S

I think it is more about every club has three new kits every season these days. So when will the manufacturer get around to being able to produce ours? Obviously The top clubs come first. There is little point showing it off before it can be put on the shelf

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Andy S on June 07, 2019, 11:45:45 AM
I think it is more about every club has three new kits every season these days. So when will the manufacturer get around to being able to produce ours? Obviously The top clubs come first. There is little point showing it off before it can be put on the shelf

I can't see that being the issue, maybe a couple of weeks later than the big teams but we generally use a basic template design with a FFC badge attached.

I have some experience in customised sports wear manufacturing and it really shouldn't be an issue in today's world even if the numbers are larger for professional club.

Penfold

Might be dependent on sponsorship. Have Dafabet committed to another year?

If not, we are probably talking to all online gambling companies that don't yet sponsor a team.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andy S on June 07, 2019, 11:45:45 AM

Nothing to do with top clubs,lots of Adidas on show weeks ago...
I was told ours was done in April ready for this season,don't know why we're always nearly last to show.

junior white

it will be down to the sponsor changing i reckon and the wanting to announce it with their name on the shirt, cant see them selling them without the sponsors name on

I Ronic

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 07, 2019, 11:35:29 AM
I find this astonishing ever year. Not that I buy them, but if I did I'd want to wear the new shirt over the summer, when it's, supposed to be anyway, short sleeve weather.

You see kids especially wearing new team shirts on holiday, but it's always last minute with FFC. No wonder they have so many on huge sale prices at the end of every season.

You make a good point there Ted. If they released the shirt earlier then people might opt for the short sleeved version and maybe take it on holiday. Once back and as the winter drew nearer they might opt to buy a second long sleeve version..

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: junior white on June 07, 2019, 01:02:26 PM
it will be down to the sponsor changing i reckon and the wanting to announce it with their name on the shirt, cant see them selling them without the sponsors name on

Its going to be difficult to get it all on the front of the shirt though..
  "Dr Fitzbottoms Aniseed Balls Taste Better
   Than any Other"

lomotd

Quote from: Penfold on June 07, 2019, 11:57:40 AM

If not, we are probably talking to all online gambling companies that don't yet sponsor a team.

This is definitely it, kits are designed almost a year in advance. I have no doubt it's waiting to go, just need to find a sponsor to slap on the front before we can put it in the shops.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: I Ronic on June 07, 2019, 01:09:58 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 07, 2019, 11:35:29 AM

You make a good point there Ted. If they released the shirt earlier then people might opt for the short sleeved version and maybe take it on holiday. Once back and as the winter drew nearer they might opt to buy a second long sleeve version..

As far as I'm aware we don't sell long sleeve versions and haven't done for a few years other than the GK shirt

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: lomotd on June 07, 2019, 05:37:55 PM
Quote from: Penfold on June 07, 2019, 11:57:40 AM

Could well be down to the secondary sponsors too. The ICM or whatever we had on our sleeves Will be at the back of the kit next season and there's also possibility for the shorts to get sponsored like they were in 2017/8 by some American drink.
Could possibly be why none of the relegated teams have released kits

The Enclosurite

The usual 'Washing label teaser pic' will be along soon....
¡COYW!