watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aboubakar Kamara in Fulham return next season despite Yoga bust-up

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 07, 2019, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Aboubakar Kamara in Fulham return next season despite Yoga bust-up and bay boy antics following clear-air-talks with boss Scott Parker

YOGA bad boy Aboubakar Kamara will be back in a Fulham shirt next season despite his end of season meltdowns.

SunSport exclusively revealed how the hotheaded French striker had a row with team-mate Aleksandar Mitrovic during a squad meditation session.

Aboubakar Kamara will be back in a Fulham shirt next season
He was then arrested on suspicion of Actual Bodily Harm in a bust-up at the training ground but he is not being charged.

Kamara, 24, has been on loan at Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor following the incidents but will report back for pre-season training next month and will be given a second chance by new Fulham boss Scott Parker.

The powerful forward still has two years to run on his contract with the option of a further season and is considered a vital part of promotion plans back to the Premier League.

But he will be hauled in for clear-the-air talks with Parker and told there is to be no repeat of his unruly behaviour again.

Fulham were relegated in Kamara's absence and will lose a string of senior players as they prepare for life back in the Championship.

Fulham chiefs are happy for Kamara to share a dressing room with Mitrovic again if necessary, although West Ham is one of a number of clubs interested in the Serbian forward.

The club is currently weighing up a £600,000 bid for midifielder Ibrahima Cisse from Belgian side Royal Antwerp.

Fulham star Mitrovic offered '£300k-a-week' to make switch to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9247625/aboubakar-kamara-fulham-scott-parker/amp/?__twitter_impression=true#

filham

Well as long as Parker can control him it is good news, we know what he is capable of on the field and his pace and strength should prove useful.

However at the first sign of dressing room problems then he should be on the transfer list.

hovewhite

I like AK but off the pitch he has to have respect for everyone else at the club if he fouls up again he should be kicked out of the club.

Barrett487

I'm all for giving people second chances, however Kamara needs to adjust as well.

MikeW

"we know what he is capable of on the field and his pace and strength should prove useful." 

Really?  He can't trap a sack of cement, his pace usually ends up in running down a tunnel and his general lack of ability and indiscipline make him a total liability.  I would free transfer him on the basis of his previous conduct - in breach of his contract.  Simple.  Get rid.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Quote from: MikeW on June 08, 2019, 09:48:40 PM
"we know what he is capable of on the field and his pace and strength should prove useful." 

Really?  He can't trap a sack of cement, his pace usually ends up in running down a tunnel and his general lack of ability and indiscipline make him a total liability.  I would free transfer him on the basis of his previous conduct - in breach of his contract.  Simple.  Get rid.

I think that's a tad harsh but I do feel that some are looking back at him with rose tinted specs.  His first touch was always a weakness and his distribution needed more intelligence. 

hovewhite

He is still very raw but since he has been at the club he has improved and has a lot to do as most young players,but he has strengths difficult to get the ball off,his pace ,and even at his young age he's a beast of a man.the willingness to carry on improving along with maturity on and off the pitch with our support he could be a very good player.

colinwhite

The problem is that he clearly thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. Wrestling with Mitro to take a penalty shows a lack of self-awareness to say the least.

toshes mate

Quote from: colinwhite on June 09, 2019, 07:31:48 AM
The problem is that he clearly thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. Wrestling with Mitro to take a penalty shows a lack of self-awareness to say the least.
Not sure where you get the 'over-opinionated about himself' remark from since, prior to Ranieri's sorry appearance, he was not apparently a problem.
And Mitrovic said afterwards that [Kamara] had acted like many players would do in a similar situation wanting to be the one to take the kick.
But, give a dog a bad name and all that ... 

RaySmith

Quote from: Twig on June 08, 2019, 09:56:58 PM

I think that's a tad harsh but I do feel that some are looking back at him with rose tinted specs.  His first touch was always a weakness and his distribution needed more intelligence. 

What about the goals he scored and assisted?

He played on the edge and used to scare defenders with his pace and aggression , but needs to learn to stay the right side of the line, as Mitro seems to have done.

He was raw but improving during his time at Fulham, and as he is young, I think he can improve more.

bog

Twig

Quote from: RaySmith on June 09, 2019, 01:53:01 PM
Quote from: Twig on June 08, 2019, 09:56:58 PM

What about the goals he scored and assisted?

He played on the edge and used to scare defenders with his pace and aggression , but needs to learn to stay the right side of the line, as Mitro seems to have done.

He was raw but improving during his time at Fulham, and as he is young, I think he can improve more.

He got 7 goals Ray but I think you will find only one assist. And hence my comment that his distribution need to be more thoughtful.  Also, he isn't that young, I think he's 24?  Having said all that, I'm not denying his attributes just feel that some on here are looking back with rather rosy specs.

hovewhite

I posted earlier on this thread one more chance for AK,as it's his attitude that will hold him back,not just at Fulham but anywhere he goes.

The Swan

Another reason that I think the Scott Parker is not the man to take us back to the Premier League.
The Swan

The Rational Fan

Kamara's League Record

2013-14: 0 Goals in Ligue 4 (18 years old)
2014-15: 15 Goals in Ligue 4 (19 years old)
2015-16: 5 goals in Ligue 3 (20 years old)
2016-17: 10 goals in Ligue 2 (21 years old)
2017-18: 7 goals in Championship (22 years old)
2018-19: 3 goals in Premier League (23 years old)

He is clearly an ideal squad player for the Championship, backing up our bench.