watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steven Sessegnon

Started by Barrett487, June 08, 2019, 09:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

What with the transfer rumours regarding his brother i can't help but worry about what is best for Steven.

There's been talk about a deal involving both players, but despite Steven being the more promising youngster at one time, he's been living in his brother's shadow imo. If he moves to Spurs as part of the deal i fear he will remain so and  i also believe that, although he's the same age as Ryan (obviously), this is his time to stake a claim to first team football and emerge from Ryan's shadow.

H4usuallysitting

I know little to nothing, but he could be better than his brother.... but I'm proud to admit I know b@gger all

wheelerdeeler

Steven signed a deal until 2022 at the back end of last year, and at worst he'll be on the bench for us next season. There's no need for us to sell him, and he'd be daft to go to Spurs to spend another two years in the U21s (or getting loaned out to either other teams in the Championship or L1).

Art Vandelay

Alas I think he will be part of the deal as if he was staying I'm sure he would of had a cameo appearance for us at the end of the season. If he does move I would expect a year in the reserves followed by a couple of loans out and then who knows....

hovewhite

I can only see him playing first team football next season for us.

The Enclosurite

Being used as a pawn in the deal?  Spurs only real interested is Ryan.  I'd think very carefully if I was him before agreeing to the double move.
¡COYW!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Art Vandelay on June 08, 2019, 09:38:45 PM
Alas I think he will be part of the deal as if he was staying I'm sure he would of had a cameo appearance for us at the end of the season. If he does move I would expect a year in the reserves followed by a couple of loans out and then who knows....

You base that on what?  Scott Parker was trying to win games and I've seen nothing that says Steven is better than Odoi or Christie (who I don't rate) as a RB.

Barrett487

Apart from my original point, here's another.

If we were receive £25 (for example) for Ryan, how do we know whether, or not, we were on the verge of letting the two brothers go for the same fee!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 08, 2019, 11:43:55 PM

You base that on what?  Scott Parker was trying to win games and I've seen nothing that says Steven is better than Odoi or Christie (who I don't rate) as a RB.

Christie has played around 250 games in The Championship at Right Back, it's very easy to know how he will perform there next year, he is decent. Much harder to know how MLM, Kebano, Kamara and some of younger and older players will perform.

Mince n Tatties

Is he actually any good?,that is the question.
I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement, but 3 managers now haven't used him.

toshes mate

Clearly Ryan showed something in training that indicated he was ready for first team consideration, whereas Steven's development was hampered by injury.  These things happen and are not necessarily indicative of longer term success or otherwise.  Teenagers sometimes thrive but it is the exception rather than the rule and governed by just too many variables to provide a sight of the future.  At least, for the moment, they are in the hands of good people who know them well. 

bill taylors apprentice

Unless they are a real prodigy (like his brother) managers always find it difficult to find game time for young players due to the pressure each game brings, apart from the early rounds of the league cup.

Steven could well be yet another talent who flirts with the first team squad for several years until he gets to his early 20's and drifts out of the club, generally to a lower level.

With a good pre season behind him Fossey could be the youngster aiming for a place in the match day squad behind the established players?

Where will that leave Steven then?
A season out on loan might be his best option, but who will take an untried 19 year old?

filham

Our three managers last season obviously decided that Steve Sess. was not yet good enough for Premier league football but instead preferred to try Odoi, Mensah or Christie. Clearly  then Steven is not going to get a look in at Spurs, he had best stay with us in the hope that an opportunity in the Championship may open up for him.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 09, 2019, 01:30:03 AM

Christie has played around 250 games in The Championship at Right Back, it's very easy to know how he will perform there next year, he is decent. Much harder to know how MLM, Kebano, Kamara and some of younger and older players will perform.

Scott didn't care about that.

He was trying to get a job and Steven Sess wasn't going to help him do that.

Scott got the job by not playing youth players that he didn't think would help him win a game.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Steven and Ryan are joined at the hip and are very close to loving parents.
This has been said so many times by others but sometimes difficult decisions have to be taken.
What can Spurs offer Steve and what will we offer him next season?
For all we know their future may have all but been decided so let us see what happens.

Ronnief

Speaking as a twin, at some time we go our different ways it is inevitable.  For most the bond is very close and family is very strong. But as I did, went my way but family ties even after 70 years are very strong. Steven and Ryan will always remain close but will more than likely play for different clubs, but who will be the best footballer only time will tell.

kiwian

Watching Steven play in the age group World Cup (I think) a few years ago, he looked pretty good.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 09, 2019, 06:53:48 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 09, 2019, 01:30:03 AM

Scott didn't care about that.

He was trying to get a job and Steven Sess wasn't going to help him do that.

Scott got the job by not playing youth players that he didn't think would help him win a game.

If Steven Sessegnon is at Fulham, he will get a chance whenever we are ahead by two; which maybe all the chance he needs to prove he is better than Cyrus Christie or Denis Odoi (who are both very much Championship players). I remember, when Paul Parker was the same age at Fulham, he took time to break into the First XI, I see no reason Steven Sessegnon cannot be as good as Paul Parker, but hopefully Steven Sessegnon doesn't score an own goal for England in a World Cup Semi Final.