watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy Birthday John Pantsil

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 15, 2019, 11:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

John turns 37 today, he made 75 appearances for the Whites during 2008/11. He didn't score any goals for Fulham, but, was an important part of that Roy Hodgson Team, which reached the Europa League Final in 2010.

What were your memories of John when he joined in 2008 from West Ham?

Cambridge Pete

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on June 15, 2019, 08:13:08 PM
Lapping the pitch after a game
Yup that's my one. Totally agree with Cambridge. Loved him to bits. Always gave 100% and appreciated the fans.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Burt

He may not have scored any goals for us, but he did score 3 own goals  :dft011:

Happy birthday JP!

I Ronic

My memories of Pantsil were, win, lose or draw he'd do his lap and the game he closed down Ronaldo. Happy days.

Twig

John was a wholehearted player who never gave less than his all.  He had his good and bad days on the pitch but he did an amazing job against some very highly rated players during our exploits in Europe.

Camel Club

Remember him doing two laps after the Hamburg game. Legend.

filham

Yes, Pants was liked by the fans for the enthusiasm he showed and I think we had the best out of him. We certainly could have done with someone like him last season.

ffcthereligion

Legend. Couldnt believe that he stabbed his wife in the eye though!

Sting of the North

Quote from: ffcthereligion on June 18, 2019, 01:15:35 PM

Well, as far as I know those rumors were always denied, and he was never convicted (or even charged). So maybe shouldn't take it for truth. Unless the truth eventually got revealed, which I have then missed completely.

Burt

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 18, 2019, 01:37:39 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on June 18, 2019, 01:15:35 PM

Well, as far as I know those rumors were always denied, and he was never convicted (or even charged). So maybe shouldn't take it for truth. Unless the truth eventually got revealed, which I have then missed completely.

He has consistently denied the accusation and is apparently still married to the lady in question...

hovewhite

Always gave Maximum every game & a great example to all young players.happy birthday to him.

RaySmith

Such an important part of our success at that time, and had a great relationship with Fulham fans.