more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The meaning behind your Username?

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 17, 2019, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

My last name and you can guess the rest... :003:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

OtherHodgson

I think I was on Cottage Corner and/or the offal when Roy came in and saved us.  He and I share the same last name so when I signed up for FoF I decided that I was the "OtherHodgson".

Would have liked to use my car's number plate (FFCCOYW) but I think it was already taken. 

toshes mate

I have a Chamberlain family in my ancestry; I had never seen anyone kick a football as hard as Trevor 'Tosh' Chamberlain as a lad.   

RaySmith

Ray Smith is a  character in Jack Kerouac's autobiographical novel, The Dharma Bums - based on Kerouac himself, but taking that as my username  was quite random.

hovewhite

Sting of the North

Had the nickname Sting that originated under unclear circumstances from my time at the University and it quickly spread to my football team at the time. It stuck, and among many friends I still go by it. Since it was allegedly taken when I signed up I added "of the North" that I have used before when Sting has been taken. It comes from me being from Sweden and is also a play on "King of the North" that was frequently used in a popular TV show.

Milo

Sting is a handy nickname to have. Better than "foureyes"!

Sting of the North

Quote from: Milo on June 18, 2019, 08:27:31 AM
Sting is a handy nickname to have. Better than "foureyes"!

Indeed!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: RaySmith on June 18, 2019, 07:24:38 AM
Ray Smith is a  character in Jack Kerouac's autobiographical novel, The Dharma Bums - based on Kerouac himself, but taking that as my username  was quite random.

"On the Road and Desolation Angels" are good reads as well.

FFC1987

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 17, 2019, 05:58:51 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 17, 2019, 03:23:23 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 17, 2019, 01:33:55 PM
Erm, I live in Suffolk  :005:

SHAME!!!! Near Woodbridge by any chance?

FFC + my year of birth. Boring. Sorry.

No Ipswich, but Woodbridge is very nice.

Grew up in Woodbridge. All my family still live in Rendlesham/Ipswich too so I go often. Shame they got relegated as it would of been an easy away day....and 3 points.

JoelH5

Name is Joel and sit in H5.. pretty unimaginative. I've sat in most blocks at CC and would say H5 is definitely my favourite
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bill taylors apprentice

Bill Taylor came from Scotland in 1959 to play for Orient and Forest before finishing his career with Lincoln City in 1971.
He arrived at the Cottage at the start of the 71/72 season as reserve team coach and became first team coach under Alec Stock the following season.
He left in 76 to coach at Man City and then Oldham and coached in the England set up under Revie & Greenwood.
Tragically he died at 42 of a brain tumour.
Whats this got to do with me?
Well, when he came to Fulham he was supposed to have moved in to a club house with his family but the house needed repairs and upgrading. This was partly due to the damage caused by the previous occupant (Vic Halom).
My Dad was chatting to someone connected with the club in a pub (possibly the Crabtree) about this and heard Bill Taylor was living alone in cheap hotel waiting for the work to be finished so he could move his family down to join him.
My Dad was asked if he knew anyone close to the ground who could put Bill up for a few weeks in a more friendly environment so he offered him my bed room and he accepted.
After he moved in he took me to several mid week games when he was scouting and other events and came and watched me play a couple of times.
I had just made my debut in the Athenian league at 16 and he was very helpful in giving me advice and encouragement.
After he moved on he popped round a few times for a chat and one day while he was having a cuppa with my Dad in the kitchen there was a knock at the door, I answered only to find Alan Mullery on my door step asking if Bill was there.
I was so surprised I said "yes, I'll get him" and closed the door on him, instead of inviting him in!
We lost touch after he moved to City, he was a lovely man and he made me a better player just by chatting to me and offering advice.
Strangely, I now live in Lincoln and have met several ex players who played with him and still live in the area.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 18, 2019, 09:54:44 AM
Bill Taylor came from Scotland in 1959 to play for Orient and Forest before finishing his career with Lincoln City in 1971.
He arrived at the Cottage at the start of the 71/72 season as reserve team coach and became first team coach under Alec Stock the following season.
He left in 76 to coach at Man City and then Oldham and coached in the England set up under Revie & Greenwood.
Tragically he died at 42 of a brain tumour.
Whats this got to do with me?
Well, when he came to Fulham he was supposed to have moved in to a club house with his family but the house needed repairs and upgrading. This was partly due to the damage caused by the previous occupant (Vic Halom).
My Dad was chatting to someone connected with the club in a pub (possibly the Crabtree) about this and heard Bill Taylor was living alone in cheap hotel waiting for the work to be finished so he could move his family down to join him.
My Dad was asked if he knew anyone close to the ground who could put Bill up for a few weeks in a more friendly environment so he offered him my bed room and he accepted.
After he moved in he took me to several mid week games when he was scouting and other events and came and watched me play a couple of times.
I had just made my debut in the Athenian league at 16 and he was very helpful in giving me advice and encouragement.
After he moved on he popped round a few times for a chat and one day while he was having a cuppa with my Dad in the kitchen there was a knock at the door, I answered only to find Alan Mullery on my door step asking if Bill was there.
I was so surprised I said "yes, I'll get him" and closed the door on him, instead of inviting him in!
We lost touch after he moved to City, he was a lovely man and he made me a better player just by chatting to me and offering advice.
Strangely, I now live in Lincoln and have met several ex players who played with him and still live in the area.

Smashing story .👍

fcfulham55

The size of my pea.nus. ......

In microns.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

bill taylors apprentice

Off topic but related to my story above.
Shortly after moving to Lincoln 4 years ago I was chatting to the man in the corner shop and he asked why I moved to Lincoln.
I replied it was only because my daughter was living here and other wise I had no connection to the area.
We started talking about football as the local team was starting to do well and I remembered I did have a very tenuous link through knowing Bill Taylor.
The man in the shop said "I knew Bill, I played with him at Lincoln City" and explained he was Phil Hubbard who I later found out was a highly regarded player for Lincoln, Grimsby and Norwich.
As the conversation went on I said my only other recollection of Lincoln City was beating them in 83 to win promotion and deny them the same.
I said Lincoln battered us that night and if their Captain hadn't been so stupid and got sent off for a reckless challenge they might have beaten us.
Phil replied "That was Steve Thompson, you can tell him yourself, he's just coming in for his paper" and I looked round and this big chap was coming in and it was him!
We all had a laugh but I don't mention it anymore when I see him.

Southdowns White

I was born in Hammersmith and grew up near the ground then spent most of my life living in west London but a few years ago moved out to live in the South Downs near Brighton in Sussex, hence the name Southdowns White.

Lighthouse

I am the light that shines in the darkness. Well that and the fact I like lighthouses and Edgar Allan Poe had an unfinished story called Lighthouse and I have always been a fan of Poe.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 18, 2019, 09:24:02 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 17, 2019, 05:58:51 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 17, 2019, 03:23:23 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 17, 2019, 01:33:55 PM
Erm, I live in Suffolk  :005:

SHAME!!!! Near Woodbridge by any chance?

FFC + my year of birth. Boring. Sorry.

No Ipswich, but Woodbridge is very nice.

Grew up in Woodbridge. All my family still live in Rendlesham/Ipswich too so I go often. Shame they got relegated as it would of been an easy away day....and 3 points.

Yep and with Norwich going up I have lost two very easy away games now.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woodlawn

Lived in Woodlawn Rd till teens  hence Name

LVBPTS

first letter of my kids names makes up my username
Supporter since 2000