watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Birmingham (again)

Started by snarks, June 18, 2019, 06:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Garry Monk sacked - I thought he did a good job there. Mind you they have previous for this sort of thing

Art Vandelay

Decent manager, I think he through his toys out of the pram about the Jota transfer which probably got him the sack.

St. Andrews White

My Brum mate is absolutely fuming, sounds like it's gone down very, very badly amongst fans (unsurprisingly)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Friendsoffulham

I'm told Garry Monk wasn't asking for more money for transfers. On the contrary, understand his relationship breakdown with the Birmingham board began a while ago when he asked for more clarity and a sensible plan re recruitment that would avoid risking another embargo

hovewhite

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 18, 2019, 07:30:35 PM
I'm told Garry Monk wasn't asking for more money for transfers. On the contrary, understand his relationship breakdown with the Birmingham board began a while ago when he asked for more clarity and a sensible plan re recruitment that would avoid risking another embargo
it seems we are well off after all

Buffalo76

Monk doesn't have much luck does he - yet another sacking, but yet another pay-off as well though. He'll get another job at some point. He always does.

Andy S

Not a bad manager He probably would have suited us. But we have Parker now so let's hope

WhiteJC

Garry Monk's Departure

Blues Trust was deeply saddened and bitterly disappointed to hear of the news of Garry Monk's departure from the Club. 

Once again, the Board have inflicted a grotesque, pointless act of self-harm; one which defies justification, flies in the face of rational thought and ultimately threatens to destabilise the Club. 

Once again, they have made abundantly clear their total lack of respect for the Club's supporters. 

Over the last three years, the Board have overseen a series of bizarre and illogical decisions which betray a comprehensive lack of understanding of the field in which they are supposed to operate.

They have done nothing to demonstrate that they are capable of learning from these mistakes, and continue to impress upon the entire football community that they are embarrassingly illequipped for the responsibility of running Birmingham City Football Club.

Regrettably, Garry Monk is just the latest in a long line of good Birmingham City people to have been disposed of for no identifiable reason.

As Chief Executive Officer, the responsibility for this litany of errors lies at the door of Xuandong Ren. For this, we call for his dismissal from the Club.

By contrast, Garry Monk clearly understood the fans, our city and our Club, becoming part of the fabric of Birmingham City and making a meaningful connection with its people.

We would like to express our profound gratitude to Garry for his outstanding work over the last 16 months, for repairing the relationship between the team and the fans, and restoring a period of dignity to our Club. Our loss will certainly be another club's gain.

We will soon be taking advice from the supporters as to how they wish to make their feelings known.

https://www.bluestrust.org/2019/06/garry-monks-departure/

Burt

There's talk on the blues forums of organising a protest.

To be fair, were I in their shoes, I would be deeply unhappy about what's going on there.

hovewhite

It's a bampot of a club and can see why fans are up in arms with the owners.As for monk it's my guess he's thinking why me again.

Mince n Tatties

I think Monk and Gary Rowett's ability as managers has been hyped up too much.
Both average imo.😵

snarks

Birmingham clearly have an issue with "Gary's" who do well for them. They sack them in favour of a name

Andy S

Sorry but you need a little more than one season if you are going to successfully rebuild a side which is largely based on a transfer window of about a month. It's not long enough to make a shopping list much less check out who is available.

Bill2

Big article on this in paper today, apparently it is all down to Monk insisting all transfers are conducted by his agent. Sounds a bit dodgy to me.