watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Police investigating the death of Emiliano Sala

Started by ealex40, June 19, 2019, 07:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

Police investigating the death of Emiliano Sala have arrested a 64-year-old man from North Yorkshire on suspicion of manslaughter by an unlawful act.

Sala, 28, had just signed for Cardiff when a plane carrying him crashed into the English Channel north of Guernsey on January.

His body was brought to Portland Port in Dorset on January 7, with police investigating the circumstances of his death.

Detective Inspector Simon Huxter, of Dorset Police, said: "We have carried out a wide-ranging investigation into the circumstances of the death of Mr Sala and continue to work with partner agencies including the Civil Aviation Authority.

"As part of this investigation we have to consider whether there is any evidence of any suspected criminality and as a result of our inquiries we have today, Wednesday June 19 2019, arrested a 64-year-old man from the North
Yorkshire area on suspicion of manslaughter by an unlawful act.

"He is assisting with our inquiries and has been released from custody under investigation."

Family liaison officers have been updating the families of Mr Sala and David Ibbotson, the pilot of the plane that lost contact with Air Traffic Control north of Guernsey.

The body of Mr Ibbotson, 59, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, who was flying the plane from Nantes in France to Cardiff on January 21, has not yet been located.

Mourners paid their final respects to Sala in February
Detective Inspector Huxter added: "This matter therefore is still subject to a live investigation and I would ask the media and members of the public to refrain from speculation, as this could cause additional distress to the families
involved as well as potentially hinder the investigation.

"As is standard practice, we will not be releasing any further information as to the identity of the individual who has been arrested unless that person is charged to appear in court and again would discourage any speculation in
relation to this."

Emiliano Sala's father Horacio died at the age of 58, just three months after the death of his son.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Willie McKay needs to be done. Bloke is dodgy as anything. But he won't, it'll be one of his cronies.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

sunburywhite

Willie McKay was arrested for impersonating being a human being
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ToodlesMcToot

Has anyone reported who the 64 yr old arrestee is? McKay is 60. So, the arrest wouldn't appear to involve him
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ffccornwall

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 19, 2019, 08:40:45 PM
Has anyone reported who the 64 yr old arrestee is? McKay is 60. So, the arrest wouldn't appear to involve him
The Mail reports it is the pilot who should have taken the flight but passed it on.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: ffccornwall on June 20, 2019, 09:32:44 AM
The Mail reports it is the pilot who should have taken the flight but passed it on.

Maybe he realised the plane was dodgy.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

toshes mate

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 20, 2019, 10:43:06 AM

The plane was probably okay but just not suitable for a flight, at night, across a wide expanse of water, the English Channel.

Camel Club

I have never bought the explanation as to why Sala was flying in that plane, at that time and in those weather conditions. The whole thing stinks.

I Ronic

Quote from: Camel Club on June 20, 2019, 12:15:02 PM
I have never bought the explanation as to why Sala was flying in that plane, at that time and in those weather conditions. The whole thing stinks.
[/quote

Cardiff were happy to get him a ticket on a scheduled flight but not a private flight (cheaper I guess) Supposedly that didn't fit his plans.

gang

Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2019, 10:52:14 AM

The plane was probably okay but just not suitable for a flight, at night, across a wide expanse of water, the English Channel.

Wasn't one of the original findings that the pilot was not qualified to fly at night over the channel.

toshes mate

Quote from: gang on June 21, 2019, 09:16:23 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2019, 10:52:14 AM

Wasn't one of the original findings that the pilot was not qualified to fly at night over the channel.
Yes it was.  I don't believe the plane was equipped with the necessary radio equipment for safe night flight over water, and the pilot didn't seem to be licensed to fly with such equipment either.

Burt