watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Easy start for Fulham

Started by The Swan, June 20, 2019, 07:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Our first five games are not difficult. We should win all of them. In the past season we have made poor starts to the season and then had to catch up . This year we have the chance to hit the ground running.
The Swan

JoelH5

Not saying they're not but why do you think they're easy?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Swan

We might have had to play Derby away, Middlesbrough away,\Sheffield W home, Cardiff away, Stoke.home.
That's all I was saying.
The Swan

filham

Just imagine we have to sell Sess. and Mitro late in July and replacements are deadline day panic buys who are going to take time to bed in, then no match in August is going to look easy.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2019, 08:33:29 PM
Just imagine we have to sell Sess. and Mitro late in July and replacements are deadline day panic buys who are going to take time to bed in, then no match in August is going to look easy.

Just imagine we keep all of our players, and all our opponents lose their best players late in the window. Then the games would look even easier.

gang

No such thing as an easy game.

Southcoastffc

I hope that the players and staff aren't taking the 'easy start' view.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

junior white

When we came down last time, similar things were said.

Woolly Mammoth

If we win our first five games I shall buy you all a pint 🍺
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Woolly Mammoth

It will be my pleasure 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

There's more or less been no transfers yet. Manager jobs are still vacant and more (Derby) likely to become vacant. Mid table in 2017/18 ,  Norwich would have been touted as an "easy" game looking at fixtures last season.

Honestly, if we have some decent transfers, work on the team morale, keep the group together and not do anything daft, every game is a winnable game and no game is an easy game. All we have to be is be a tough game for other teams, as farrrr too often, even against struggling or "on the beach" teams, we rolled over far too easily whether it was game 1 against Palace right through to game 38 against Newcastle

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2019, 08:33:29 PM

We should wait for another transfer window to sell Mitro, better to keep him and rather than selling him to buy defenders.

toshes mate

The games that look the easier on paper very often prove to be the hardest.  I do hope nobody in Motspur Park believes this season is going to be at all easy.

Skatzoffc

Can't agree tbh.

1st game is worst possible. Barnsley have come up and will be playing us who have come down. They will be buzzing and at home.
We have in the past had very competitive entertaining games against them as we both play good football.

Tough fixture
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Rational Fan

There are plenty of weaker teams, but we need to WIN not draw and they'll be "Parking the Bus"

Need 17 wins from below 21 games (very tough to do)
1. Barnsley (Away)
2  Blackburn (Home)
3. Millwall (Home)
4. Wigan (Home)
5. Reading (Away)
6. Charlton (Away)
7. Luton (Home)
8. Hull (Home)
9. QPR (Home)
10. Luton (Away)
11. Reading (Home)
12. Charlton (Away)
13. Blackburn (Away)
14. Milwall (Away)
15. Barnsley (Home)
16. Preston (Home)
17. Brenford (Home)
18. QPR (Away)
19. Biringham (Home)
20. Wednsday (Home)
21. Wigan (Away)

Other 25 Games Need
10 wins, 7 draws and 8 losses (given we got 6 wins against the bottom six teams in the EPL, i'm more confident of this)

We need a collection of players that can break down a PARKED BUS.

Southdowns White

My initial reaction was August looks tough, I still think exactly the same. Maybe it's something to do with the experience of following Fulham for 40 odd years, but I'd like to know how anyone can pre judge the results in the first six games of the season when we don't know who will be starting for Fulham and who will be starting for our opposition.

Burt

Barnsley will be well up for the opener.

They were unbeaten at home last season, and also had a 20-match unbeaten run, and will think given our relegation we will be there for the taking.

Not easy at all, in my view.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Burt on June 21, 2019, 09:35:16 AM
Barnsley will be well up for the opener.

They were unbeaten at home last season, and also had a 20-match unbeaten run, and will think given our relegation we will be there for the taking.

Not easy at all, in my view.

And Cauley Woodrow will want to prove a point! Sure to score against his old club, like visiting old players like to do.

SuffolkWhite

As said above no easy games in the Champ, and also if the team shows no fight it doesn't matter how good we are on paper.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"