News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The set up in The Putney End next season, how will it work ?

Started by Riversider, June 19, 2019, 10:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: johnmac on June 20, 2019, 07:38:52 PM
Quote from: Neil D on June 20, 2019, 12:24:31 PM
Quote from: flyingfish on June 20, 2019, 08:49:45 AM

I'm more wondering if the riversiders realise that everyone is going to be standing up....
As a sedate Riversider, transferred against his will to the Putney End, I must ask if it is common practice for the home hoi polloi there to stand frequently.  As a 66 year-old I get hacked off with having to stand to watch a game - something which never happened at the Riverside - even for the goal action. 

when I renewed my ST and mentioned this problem I was told the club are aware and will clamp down on any persistant standing

I would suggest that is a very optimistic approach from the Club. Last time round in the Championship If the fan mix favoured the opposition they invariably stood unhindered hence the noise and atmosphere they often created. Away fans were frequently fairly well represented in home areas but qUite often those that wanted to sing simply merged into the allocated blocks so that worked out quite well. Often away fans around us swapped seats so that older fans could sit in P1/P2/P3. However for the most part it was sort of self policing. From what I have seen only a handful of stewards have the skills necessary to resolve issues with agitated fans, many stewards look bored to death most of the time. I really hope we do not see lines of Met Police on the concourse as the Clubs solution.

Southdowns White

Why don't they put a temporary boxing ring at about the halfway point behind the stand, I'm sure there would be no end of half cut away supporters ready to jump into the ring where some of the knowledgeable Queensbury rules types relocated from the Riverside stand will be more than happy to jump into the ring and punch one of the blighters on their nose. They could cut the ridiculously loud pre match and halftime music and screen it as entertainment instead. The only downside is the crowd would probably find this more entertaining than the football!