watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stoke City 2-0 Fulham, Saturday 19 October 2019, 3:00pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 22, 2019, 06:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Can't blame Betts for the penalty, he was left stranded, if he had not have taken the guy down he would have scored anyway.
We lost this game in the first half with pedestrian slow build ups.
Until we start concentrating on scoring more goals than our opponents. then this will continue to happen.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Betts is costing us promotion slowly but steadily but because he's English he gets a free pass

grandad

I am still with SP but I would like to hear from him why he changed from 4-3-3 to this miss match formation.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 19, 2019, 04:41:59 PM
Thing is though people were calling for Bobby Reid to start and for Sess to take a break. Both calls have been accommodated without dropping any of the underperforming big names and still SP is called a chump. Who looked at the team at 2pm and thought it would much better than it has so far turned out.
True, I thought Stoke would have been 4 nil up by now!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 19, 2019, 04:40:26 PM
Quote from: davew on October 19, 2019, 04:39:13 PM
Wait until we play some of the top teams, perish the thought!

We've been over hyped by press and fans alike.

More by the latter. We were never going to be settled enough this season.

SouthernWhite

Also lost against the two bottom teams. Just unbelievable with this roster. And unacceptable too.

junior white

Sorry disagree, if you don't bring the guy down you may actually make a save if you stay on your feet. Betts is a solid keeper granted but he isnt a difference make and keepers have to be these days

ALG01

parker killed us today
he clearly has favourites that are untouchable..cav is useless, mawson cannot play right back
the system is wrong

inexperience is doing for us
onomah is not my idea of a player we needed odoi and AK on

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: ALG01 on October 19, 2019, 04:45:31 PM
parker killed us today
he clearly has favourites that are untouchable..cav is useless, mawson cannot play right back
the system is wrong

This is just ignorant.

andyk

Losing to the two bottom teams would suggest these players are not up for the fight.  All great when things are going their way, but when they need to dig in, battle for every challenge, kick a few legs away, they don't want it. 
Time will tell, but it's looking like play offs  or nothing.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SouthernWhite on October 19, 2019, 04:44:08 PM
Also lost against the two bottom teams. Just unbelievable with this roster. And unacceptable too.

It is surely the individual performances of the untouchable big names that is unacceptable. Some have hardly been mentioned.

As an aside there is nothing in the footballing handbook more potent than a rubbish team playing for their manager and Stoke seem to be doing just that.

Lyle from Hangeland

Cavaleiro doesn't keep moving around enough. He kind of lacks anticipation as well. He ball watches, literally.

davew

Quote from: andyk on October 19, 2019, 04:47:23 PM
Losing to the two bottom teams would suggest these players are not up for the fight.  All great when things are going their way, but when they need to dig in, battle for every challenge, kick a few legs away, they don't want it. 
Well it won´t be the play offs, just can´t see it!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sting of the North

I think Stoke will be nowhere near the bottom at the end of the season although they look like a horrible ugly team. As per usual many on here draws conclusions on limited facts. Sh*t game from FFC though.

junior white

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 19, 2019, 04:46:49 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on October 19, 2019, 04:45:31 PM
parker killed us today
the system is wrong

This is just ignorant.
I wouldn't say it is ignorant, because the change has cost us, two out an out wingers being asked to do defensive duties with what looks like a 3 at the back is wrong. Braun isnt a 3rd centre back.

In the game sI have seen Onomah he has left a little to be desired.

Was a strange set up, if Sess not available then play Odoi and keep the formation that has been doing ok.

As for favourites, don't care if he does have them all managers do, Cav will always be a player that frustrates but you have to accept that with him. Same to a degree for Knockers and his gesticulating.

YankeeJim

At this point Bryan and Mawson a 6 and the rest less. No fight and a bad formation. Poor all around.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

andyk

Quote from: davew on October 19, 2019, 04:50:05 PM
Quote from: andyk on October 19, 2019, 04:47:23 PM
Well it won´t be the play offs, just can´t see it!

Well, think we are good enough for the play offs. On our day we are miles better than any other team.  But the price is regular flat performances.
My guess is we will have a much better second half of the season.

bigalffc

Two teams playing rubbish!!

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

SP

Sting of the North

Thanks Scott, no points and this forum will now be toxic for days. You should have stuck with your plan and trusted your process.