Main Menu

Leeds United 3-0 Fulham, Saturday 27 June 2020, 3:00pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 22, 2019, 06:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 27, 2020, 03:55:51 PM
Quote from: Rj Fulham on June 27, 2020, 03:50:23 PM
Who is our left winger? we never seem to have anyone there

Scott got this starting lineup wrong, imo.   He should have sat Bobby and had Cav on the wing from the start.   Fulham are trying to get our FBs to provide that width, but having Mitro + Bobby centrally is easy for Leeds to mark.   It also leaves our defense in danger with our FBs playing so high up.   

As great a CF as Mitro is, there are some teams set up to defend against crosses into the box.  Leeds look like one of those teams.

Unless I'm mistaken it's been a game and a half, we haven't seen one shot from Tom Cairney.

Mitro is also being torn apart and we had three penalty shouts. What is Mitro to do when players aren't penalized for ripping his shirt off in the box?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: mlangstrom on June 27, 2020, 03:59:21 PM
Am i theonly one that think their goal was offside? the guy jumping in front of Rodak, clearly affects the game as Rodak doesn't even try to go for the ball

I thought so too, but then at a front angle you can see that he isn't really close enough to be affecting the play. Correct decision unfortunately, as was the handball for me. The foul on BDR was a stonewaller though.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: OhConnah on June 27, 2020, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 27, 2020, 03:55:51 PM
Quote from: Rj Fulham on June 27, 2020, 03:50:23 PM
Who is our left winger? we never seem to have anyone there

Scott got this starting lineup wrong, imo.   He should have sat Bobby and had Cav on the wing from the start.   Fulham are trying to get our FBs to provide that width, but having Mitro + Bobby centrally is easy for Leeds to mark.   It also leaves our defense in danger with our FBs playing so high up.   

As great a CF as Mitro is, there are some teams set up to defend against crosses into the box.  Leeds look like one of those teams.

Unless I'm mistaken it's been a game and a half, we haven't seen one shot from Tom Cairney.

Mitro is also being torn apart and we had three penalty shouts. What is Mitro to do when players aren't penalized for ripping his shirt off in the box?

I don't disagree.

So what halftime adjustments will Parker now that he knows how the game isn't being called.  They need to figure out another way to get two goals regardless of the ref.

I'd start by replacing Bobby with Ivan.   Arter is ok as long as he isn't expected to defend.   I'd give Tom 10 more minutes to try and affect the game.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 27, 2020, 04:01:19 PM
Am i theonly one that think their goal was offside? the guy jumping in front of Rodak, clearly affects the game as Rodak doesn't even try to go for the ball

I thought so too, but then at a front angle you can see that he isn't really close enough to be affecting the play. Correct decision unfortunately, as was the handball for me. The foul on BDR was a stonewaller though.

But don't forget Steve McClaren was quick to say "ah, well, they can't get them all right, maybe there wasn't too much contact"..."but Mitro should be off, blah blah blah, I love Leeds, blah blah, I don't like Fulham" is all i heard.

What a nob.

grandad

Looks like Mitro will get a retrospective 3 match ban. But what about their players elbow. BBC do not mention that.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ChesterTheTabby

I don't disagree.

So what halftime adjustments will Parker now that he knows how the game isn't being called.  They need to figure out another way to get two goals regardless of the ref.

I'd start by replacing Bobby with Ivan.   Arter is ok as long as he isn't expected to defend.   I'd give Tom 10 more minutes to try and affect the game.
[/quote]

Ivan for Knockers, if TC can't impact the game in the first 5-10 then move Bobby Reid to No. 10, switch Ivan left, and put Kebano out on the wing?

I just find Knockers too predictable and selfish... i'm biased against him starting.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: grandad on June 27, 2020, 04:05:07 PM
Looks like Mitro will get a retrospective 3 match ban. But what about their players elbow. BBC do not mention that.

Wait...did someone say this?

grandad

Hernandez coming on. Arter will have him & a red card.

SP

I think it'd be given against us.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Syd Cupp on June 27, 2020, 03:54:35 PM
Knowing we can make 5 subs I'd take off Reid,  cairney and arter.
Bringing on McDonald cava and stef Jo.
At half time.

Why mess up a midfield who has been dominating Leeds. Makes absolutely no sense to me, as I want to win this game.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: OhConnah on June 27, 2020, 04:06:07 PM

I don't disagree.

Ivan for Knockers, if TC can't impact the game in the first 5-10 then move Bobby Reid to No. 10, switch Ivan left, and put Kebano out on the wing?

I just find Knockers too predictable and selfish... i'm biased against him starting.

[/quote]

Agree 100% about Anthony.    I don't rate him a winger that tries to play with a traditional #9.

Mince n Tatties

AnOldBrownie

Leeds don't have to play good football.   Don't be deceived because we've held possession.  They already have 3 points.

WE have to chase the game.  We have to be more clinical.

SP

Sting of the North

What the hell did Ream do there. He has to get a grip now.

Mince n Tatties

Asotosyios

Is it my idea or are we playing (something like) 3-5-2?

grandad

SP

Rj Fulham

amazing the ref can find his whistle when the guy on mitro goes to ground   :031: