watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

KMac at CB

Started by FulhamKC, July 03, 2019, 10:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

Could this be a solution for us? I would really like for him to be on the field next year but the midfield will be crowded if Anguissa plays.

fulhamben

Hes to slow, far to slow. But that said, no one knows what tactics or system parker has in mind, so never right anything off
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sting of the North

I think he is at a stretch our fifth best centre back, so I hope not.

wheelerdeeler

I'd actually had that thought when we were playing 3 at the back last season and Mawson was injured. Thought he could've been a good central Centre-Back similar to Conor Coady when he made the transition with Wolves. Personally think he'd do reasonably well at CB provided he had a mobile partner next to him (or as a central CB in a three).

But equally, I'd rank him behind Mawson, Le Marchand, Ream and probably Odoi for CB.

Carborundum

He's not the worst we have got and, having seen him drop into the role occasionally after an injury or dismissal, he appears to thoroughly enjoy the position.  But we can't be planning based on make-do and mend.

filham

No, Mc Donald carries out a good emergency duty at centre back but is not the outstanding big, ugly dominating defender we need.
I suspect that with Le Marchand, Ream and Mawson available we may decide that this should be good enough for the championship.

Chutney

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 03, 2019, 10:04:20 PM
Could this be a solution for us? I would really like for him to be on the field next year but the midfield will be crowded if Anguissa plays.

Kmac is miles ahead of anguissa at this level. Championship is Kmac's home turf, he dominates here.
C O Y W

Andy S

He puts ina half decent shift against average teams. But is badly caught out against teams with pace

love4ffc

I like his size, physicality, work ethic and ability to command on the pitch.  As others say though he is a bit slow.  With that said still not the worst thing to have Kmac at CB. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rock

Right he was forgotten last season. He's one of those too good to die, too young to rock n roll types. In the right squad, he'd fit in a PL team. It's really what SP needs I think and I think he's up to it. Barely. But he's proven for where we are. I like all the non pure defence 17-18 alum if you will.

FPT

I've thought this about sides that dominate possession recently. Like when England play a San Marino, why play four defenders? What are you defending? Drop a Henderson type into the back four and really improve your distribution from the back.

I wasn't surprised we didn't see much of Kevin McDonald in the Premier League, his lack of any form of athletic ability was highlighted in the Championship at times let alone in the far quicker, far more physical and far more athletic Premier League.

I love McDonald, I love his personality and what he offers the side from a ball circulation and tackling point of view but I think part of Fulham becoming a better team and a club more likely to resettle in the Premier League then improving upon a McDonald has to happen. If McDonald is a legitimate bench option for us next season, we're in a good place for the title.