watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Leeds United

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, July 03, 2019, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

On the verge of being bought out by QSI (Qatari Sport investment). The same people that own PSG. Christ alive their fans will be more unbearable than they currently are.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on July 03, 2019, 11:34:00 PM
On the verge of being bought out by QSI (Qatari Sport investment). The same people that own PSG. Christ alive their fans will be more unbearable than they currently are.

Very bad for us ☹️ The extra money will strengthen squad and their chances of taking one of the automatic promotions spots. I now fear auto promote maybe above 90 points.

Leeds was 1st after 32 games, 2nd after 42 games, 3rd after 46 games and 5th after 48 games, an extra player or two should lengthen the number of games before the classic Bielsa burnout.

AnOldBrownie

F Leeds. They aren't finishing higher than the Whites

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Statto

Most clubs at the top of the division will spend the max they can under FFP (£13m) on top of their regular revenue, so one of them suddenly having a richer owner shouldn't theoretically make much difference.

Actually, given Leeds aren't getting parachute payments I expect them to be one of the "poorer" clubs, irrespective of who owns them, and I'm actually surprised they're favourites to go up.

These Qatari rumours have been rumbling on for months so perhaps the insiders are expecting them to take over and utilise some kind of sneaky arrangement like Wolves had with Mendes.

Either that or (more likely IMO) the bets are just coming from a load of deluded Leeds fans and people who still overrate Biesla based on his reputation (which seems to be based largely those Guardiola comments years ago).

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 04, 2019, 07:44:20 AM
Most clubs at the top of the division will spend the max they can under FFP (£13m) on top of their regular revenue, so one of them suddenly having a richer owner shouldn't theoretically make much difference.

Actually, given Leeds aren't getting parachute payments I expect them to be one of the "poorer" clubs, irrespective of who owns them, and I'm actually surprised they're favourites to go up.

These Qatari rumours have been rumbling on for months so perhaps the insiders are expecting them to take over and utilise some kind of sneaky arrangement like Wolves had with Mendes.

Either that or (more likely IMO) the bets are just coming from a load of deluded Leeds fans and people who still overrate Biesla based on his reputation (which seems to be based largely those Guardiola comments years ago).

See, I don't think FFP works for the mega rich really. They'll just grossly overspend and gamble on going up and if they eventually do (you have to assume they will) just offset it against the parachute payments and take any fines in the mix justifying it with future tv and sponsorship revenue. Its the reason I don't think FFP actually works because once you have owners who don't give a damn about fines, the only way to really stop it is points reductions and proper transfer embargoes which tend to only be used on already struggling clubs.

filham

Well I guess that makes Leeds the big club in the Championship next season, just hope we can stay close to them.

Shropshire Lad

Leeds have also signed Helder Costa from Wolves on loan with a view to buy.
Good player

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Shropshire Lad on July 04, 2019, 10:51:50 AM
Good player

I saw that. Weird one. 5 year deal. First year on loan then £15 mil buy option. How does that work?!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Nero

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on July 04, 2019, 11:27:18 AM
Good player

I saw that. Weird one. 5 year deal. First year on loan then £15 mil buy option. How does that work?!

probably hoping they will go up and can afford him then, or something to do with the 3 year rolling FFP and losses that can be made.

Belisa will probably ship a few out and end up with the same injury problems as last year. 46 games closing down for 90 mins takes its toll on a same squad

FFC1987

Quote from: Nero on July 04, 2019, 11:31:34 AM
Good player

probably hoping they will go up and can afford him then, or something to do with the 3 year rolling FFP and losses that can be made.

Belisa will probably ship a few out and end up with the same injury problems as last year. 46 games closing down for 90 mins takes its toll on a same squad

They could just sell Jannson and afford him too.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 04, 2019, 09:22:40 AM

See, I don't think FFP works for the mega rich really. They'll just grossly overspend and gamble on going up and if they eventually do (you have to assume they will) just offset it against the parachute payments and take any fines in the mix justifying it with future tv and sponsorship revenue. Its the reason I don't think FFP actually works because once you have owners who don't give a damn about fines, the only way to really stop it is points reductions and proper transfer embargoes which tend to only be used on already struggling clubs.

I agree to some extent.

There's now a real threat of points deductions so I don't think it's as a simple as not giving a damn and just grossly overspending. But yes I agree clubs are beating the system. Wolves' arrangement with Mendes seemed very clandestine and they also signed a lot of players on loans that didn't become permanent until they went up, which is now what Leeds have done with Costa. Then you have Derby doing things like selling the ground to another company owned by the chairman.

Nonetheless, as I said there were probably already going to be about six other Championship clubs playing that game, and we have an advantage in that not only is our chairman a multi-billionaire, but we get a head start through parachute payments.

IMO we're much more likely to be held back by our own general lack of dynamism and intelligence in this area, than by Leeds' potential wealth. 

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 04, 2019, 01:20:13 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 04, 2019, 09:22:40 AM

I agree to some extent.

There's now a real threat of points deductions so I don't think it's as a simple as not giving a damn and just grossly overspending. But yes I agree clubs are beating the system. Wolves' arrangement with Mendes seemed very clandestine and they also signed a lot of players on loans that didn't become permanent until they went up, which is now what Leeds have done with Costa. Then you have Derby doing things like selling the ground to another company owned by the chairman.

Nonetheless, as I said there were probably already going to be about six other Championship clubs playing that game, and we have an advantage in that not only is our chairman a multi-billionaire, but we get a head start through parachute payments.

IMO we're much more likely to be held back by our own general lack of dynamism and intelligence in this area, than by Leeds' potential wealth.

If they actually implement serious point deductions to clubs, that would definitely have an impact. I just can't seem them doing it. The FFP for me, penalises the smaller clubs or struggling clubs more than settled rich ones so its pointless.

Tabby

Good player

Paco Alacacer had a similar deal in Dortmund. They had agreed a contract with the player should they decide to use the option.

The Rock

Who is their director of football? This is all that matters. If he is given £100m and can find proper players we are done for.