News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We could have had three or four goals today...

Started by LBNo11, October 30, 2010, 08:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...the reason we didn't get at least one more goal, is that I believe the team were unselfishly trying to set up Clint for his hat-trick. Dembele could have scored twice but chose to dummy or flick the ball into the path of Clint.

Happy with the result of course, one of our better games, and Dembele is such a pleasure to watch and a superb team player as well, but I wish he would dispense with the tricks each time and just take a pop himself, we know he can do it - and he deserved a goal today.

Not a moan, just an observation - "OLAY, Olay, olay, olay, Moussa - Dembele" (although I prefer shady1's version)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Aldo

...and Dempsey looked knackered after about an hour!

mrska

I thought Murphy was simply superb today... fantastic

SmithyFFC

FTID

fulhamwannabe

to those who watched the match,did AJ show anything in the 10 minutes he played?i mean can you say he has fully recovered?

Scrumpy

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 30, 2010, 09:10:27 PM
to those who watched the match,did AJ show anything in the 10 minutes he played?i mean can you say he has fully recovered?
He looked fully fit to me. Must have won about 3 free kicks in the 10 minutes he was on, and had a very good shout for a penalty. Definately gave their defence a torrid time (but then, so did everyone else).
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

SuffolkWhite

Enjoyed the game today, would have liked more goals but I wont be greedy. Dembele looks excellent and is indeed a joy to watch.
The movement in the first half was brill with snappy one touch football and the whole team played their part. I know Wigan might be relegation fodder but this was not a lucky win! it was a well crafted win which sets us up to push on.  :clap_hands:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Lighthouse

The only thing missing is a forward. Demps was outstanding but as already stated faded after an hour. Or for a forward to compliment the good football. Although we did play Wigan on one of their  Hyde days. We are just short of being a really good side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

With a fit BZ we would have hit anouther couple of goals and we'd have at least 3/4 points in the bag. I really fancy us to be a very excitung team after the jan window, until then i hope no one starts booing hughes if things are going wrong.

leonffc

I'm not a big fan of his but he looked very lively and sharp.I was impressed with him

watfordwhite

For the 10/15 minuets he was on he looked sharp, very quick and fell over a lot (same old AJ) Very promising. Things are going to start to look interesting.

fulhamwannabe

i'm glad to hear that he has recovered,i'd like to see more of him on a regular basis,and obviously scoring goals as he used to do before,,,,,,,brilliant partnership with bobby when he gets back as well

epsomraver

That is one of Hughes dilemmas, AJ and BZ do not pair.

LBNo11

Quote from: epsomraver on October 31, 2010, 10:41:18 AM

...ain't that the truth! Admittedly though we have never seen BZ and AJ pair up playing an attacking role using the Mark Hughes blueprint - whatever that is...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

fulhamwannabe

hummmm!if you play dembele behind these two,you can put boby and aj up front(one on the left,the other on the right)a what we call "un faux ailier",,,,a false winger

epsomraver

That was Aj' failing under RH, he was always out on the far right so not in the box to snap the goals in or feed off BZ as target man.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 31, 2010, 10:50:36 AM
hummmm!if you play dembele behind these two,you can put boby and aj up front(one on the left,the other on the right)a what we call "un faux ailier",,,,a false winger

What's a false winger? Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it would suit either particularly - BZ likes to hold the ball and lay it on for others, and AJ likes to run onto through balls into the box. Not sure a wide role would suit either (correct me if I'm wrong, of course, I'm assuming a false winger would play wide in some fashion).

fulhamwannabe

(un faux ailier) is actually a striker who plays a bit wide,,,,

NogoodBoyo

And I thought a false winger was a pom down under who is economical with the truth?
Nogood "presumptioussing, isit" Boyo