News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you think Scott Parker is happy with the situation ?

Started by Riversider, July 05, 2019, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Quote from: Riversider on July 05, 2019, 08:39:26 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 05, 2019, 07:30:06 PM
A few players are not with the squad because they have been on International duty. It is simply wrong to think that we need new players to fit into our finally worked out jigsaw of a team in the pre season tours. They are simply fitness exercises. Besides we get them in early and they get injured anyway. Once again I don't see a great problem with not bringing in players all tucked up and ready to share in the pre season tour.

I am far more concerned that the players that do come in will be players in the positions we don't need and players who are carrying an injury or players that are here for the dosh and nothing more. There will be plenty of comings and goings between now and the season start. But Junior Khan has been hit or miss in the transfer dealings. Like all transfer dealings whoever is in charge of them. This pantomime villain thing is going a on a bit. It wasn't his genius that got us promoted anymore than his stupidity that got us relegated.

So by your logic August and early September is the time for players to gel and bed in for the season ahead, rather than a training camp in Portugal !
I dont want to knock Tony Khan but under his stewardship we have started every season slowly and are generally playing catch up from October onwards,
Could that in anyway be linked with our transfer policy I wonder !

Exactly.

The worst part is that it's no secret but we keep making the same mistakes!!

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on July 05, 2019, 07:15:22 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 05, 2019, 04:22:21 PM
He's probably thinking most clubs in the Championship would love Seri and Sessegnon in their squad, so it's hardly the end of the world if they're still here when the window closes

Not sure Tony Khan would agree with any of that, theres a lot of money tied up in those two, why would he be happy with Sessegnon leaving for nothing ?

Sorry I thought the OP was asking how Parker feels about the current situation.

Why have we now jumped to how TK will feel about the situation next year if Sessegnon leaves on a free?

Are you just looking for any angle to moan, perhaps?

Newsflash: With Sessegnon there are only a limited number of outcomes and they're all things you'll moan about. Either he'll sign a new contract and you'll tell us he's playing "awful" like you did last year, he'll leave for a fee this summer in which case we'll have the headache of replacing our top scorer from 17/18, or he'll leave on a free next year and you'll say TK must be gutted not to have got the cash.

So if you want to moan, moan, but save the hassle of pretending you want a discussion.

wheelerdeeler

Said it in another thread, we don't know if Mitrovic is going to Portugal with us next week- but let's say he is hypothetically. We could play a team against Porto next weekend of;
Bettinelli (or Fabri); Christie, Mawson, Le Marchand, Bryan; McDonald, Cairney, Johansen; AK47, Mitrovic, Ayite
Rodak, Odoi, S. Sessegnon, O'Riley, de la Torre, Kebano, Fonte

We aren't buying a whole new team and expecting them to all click instantly like we did last summer. I reckon probably 8 or 9 of that hypothetical team are nailed on to start against Barnsley (provided they stay fit and in the case of Mitrovic stay). And if Parker wanted to play that whole 11 against Barnsley because a hypothetical new signing isn't properly bedded in or he thinks the team would lack chemistry or whatever then I wouldn't have any major complaints- because that team is by no means a bad team for us to be starting the season with.

To the actual topic point, I'd expect Parker knows what Tony Khan said on the Podcast that we're waiting for sales before making any big signings- so it's just a waiting game to get Seri, Sessegnon etc. out the door.

I doubt he's unhappy that he's already working with all of the names above bar Mitrovic, and at the moment it looks like we're keeping most of our big players for next season like Mitrovic, Cairney, Zambo, Mawson etc. 

Lighthouse

Quote from: Milo on July 05, 2019, 08:58:16 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 05, 2019, 08:39:26 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 05, 2019, 07:30:06 PM
A few players are not with the squad because they have been on International duty. It is simply wrong to think that we need new players to fit into our finally worked out jigsaw of a team in the pre season tours. They are simply fitness exercises. Besides we get them in early and they get injured anyway. Once again I don't see a great problem with not bringing in players all tucked up and ready to share in the pre season tour.

I am far more concerned that the players that do come in will be players in the positions we don't need and players who are carrying an injury or players that are here for the dosh and nothing more. There will be plenty of comings and goings between now and the season start. But Junior Khan has been hit or miss in the transfer dealings. Like all transfer dealings whoever is in charge of them. This pantomime villain thing is going a on a bit. It wasn't his genius that got us promoted anymore than his stupidity that got us relegated.

So by your logic August and early September is the time for players to gel and bed in for the season ahead, rather than a training camp in Portugal !
I dont want to knock Tony Khan but under his stewardship we have started every season slowly and are generally playing catch up from October onwards,
Could that in anyway be linked with our transfer policy I wonder !

Exactly.

The worst part is that it's no secret but we keep making the same mistakes!!

But we will not have a full squad in Portugal because International players are still on hols or still on International duty. So it is over reaction. Plus how did we jump to my logic saying that late July and August would be the best time. What I am saying and say every season because since we have had social media, fans say the same thing every season. Players are rarely signed early for the reasons we have been over. This season we need very few players other than replacing the ones who haven't gone yet because the clubs that they may or may not be leaving us for haven't made a deal either. Now that is my logic.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ALG01

My guess is inside parker is worried sick.
Despite the protestations of a handful of supporters on this board SP knows he has way to many passengers, to few dependable players and a very flakey defence.

My guess is he will be yesterdays news by the end of november paying the orice for the senior managements serial failures.

I suspect he will do his best but already jnow s ot is hopeless.

Nero

Quote from: ALG01 on July 05, 2019, 10:57:11 PM
Despite the protestations of a handful of supporters on this board SP knows he has way to many passengers, to few dependable players and a very flakey defence.

My guess is he will be yesterdays news by the end of november paying the orice for the senior managements serial failures.

So why did he sign up for the job

JoelH5

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 05, 2019, 09:23:01 PM
Said it in another thread, we don't know if Mitrovic is going to Portugal with us next week- but let's say he is hypothetically. We could play a team against Porto next weekend of;
Bettinelli (or Fabri); Christie, Mawson, Le Marchand, Bryan; McDonald, Cairney, Johansen; AK47, Mitrovic, Ayite
Rodak, Odoi, S. Sessegnon, O'Riley, de la Torre, Kebano, Fonte

We aren't buying a whole new team and expecting them to all click instantly like we did last summer. I reckon probably 8 or 9 of that hypothetical team are nailed on to start against Barnsley (provided they stay fit and in the case of Mitrovic stay). And if Parker wanted to play that whole 11 against Barnsley because a hypothetical new signing isn't properly bedded in or he thinks the team would lack chemistry or whatever then I wouldn't have any major complaints- because that team is by no means a bad team for us to be starting the season with.

To the actual topic point, I'd expect Parker knows what Tony Khan said on the Podcast that we're waiting for sales before making any big signings- so it's just a waiting game to get Seri, Sessegnon etc. out the door.

I doubt he's unhappy that he's already working with all of the names above bar Mitrovic, and at the moment it looks like we're keeping most of our big players for next season like Mitrovic, Cairney, Zambo, Mawson etc. 

Very sensible
I was there, standing in the Putney end

AnOldBrownie

Wow. I'm going to save this post. Should make for good times after we get promoted.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 06, 2019, 01:07:36 AM

Wow. I'm going to save this post. Should make for good times after we get promoted.

Blimey I am going to save both posts, should make for realism when we don't get promoted.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 06, 2019, 05:09:19 AM

Blimey I am going to save both posts, should make for realism when we don't get promoted.

The post is saying Scott Parker will be gone by November. It doesn't say anything about not getting promoted.

toshes mate

I am sure SP is taking the journey as calmly as SJ did in the summer of 2016, simply because, if nothing else, he is a professional, and will devote his time and energy to things that, in the fullness of time, actually bear fruit rather than never even being pollinated.  If he follows the same path as SJ did then I'll be happy in the knowledge that his head is screwed on the right way and his attitude will at least get the best outcome SP can produce.  Better to concentrate on reality rather than fantasy, which, whilst often seemingly attractive to the masses, has no really lasting value. 

SuffolkWhite

I'm just looking forward to getting a result at Barnsley much like SP. SP has a job and will be happy coaching much like Lampard was. He'll probabley end up at Spurs at the end of the season lol. Any way one game at a time is the mantra.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RaySmith

Agree SuffolkWhite.

I'm sure Scott is excited, yet must feel nervous too, as he faces his first season as full-time Fulham manager.
He will know that a football managerial role can be  vey stressful, and is definitely results based - and there is no guarantee of success, and if he fails at Fuham this could mean a swift end to his managerial aspirations.

But I think, and obviously hope, that Scott is working closely  with TK and all concerned behind the  scenes to make us adequately prepared for the challenge ahead. He knows the situation at Fulham and the set up,  the problems of recruitment that marred our Prem campaign, and about FFP.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 06, 2019, 05:40:03 AM

The post is saying Scott Parker will be gone by November. It doesn't say anything about not getting promoted.

I hope Scott will be still here, it's the Groucho Marx look alike I am hoping will be gone before he does any further damage.

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

I would be pleased to be wrong
But i have been right for the last 5 seasons so due a failure

ALG01

I think the implication was clear

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 06, 2019, 10:14:24 AM

I hope Scott will be still here, it's the Groucho Marx look alike I am hoping will be gone before he does any further damage.

And we all know that isn't going to happen. You might as well be Sisyphus.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 06, 2019, 03:54:43 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 06, 2019, 10:14:24 AM

And we all know that isn't going to happen. You might as well be Sisyphus.

By the Beard of Zeus, Unlike Sisyphus oh wise one, i can roll that boulder up the hill, and carry it down over my shoulder, and unlike Sisyphus I am real, and if he was real I would be far bigger and far stronger.
But I actually disagree that it isn't going to happen, nothing last for ever, not even a bogus unqualified intruder who is basically trespassing as a D of Football who has been given a licence to ride rough shod over Fulham FC and his mate CK would still be here if the owners son was able to cover up once again for him at Fulhams expense. But fortunately CK was a fraud and basically fell on his own sword and when they fell out, he exposed the owners sons frailties, but we knew that anyway.

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

I think he knew what he signed up for, and is the right man for the job to accept what comes at him. TK said that Parker is key to the transfers happening, so it has to go through him as well - let's not forget that. Can't wait to see what happens in the next couple weeks.

hovewhite

I trust in scotty and think we are better keeping our core of a team together,think the 2 we will lose are sess &seri and can see everyone else staying and our core are play off ready.so stick that in your pipes!