News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you think Scott Parker is happy with the situation ?

Started by Riversider, July 05, 2019, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Despite telling us all in March that our early Premier League demise and his early appointment as Fulham manager would be beneficial this season as it would give the club more time to prepare for a tough season in The Championship,  we still find ourselves on July 5th with no new additions and we haven't managed to move on players like Serri and Sessegnon to free up the funds we need to enable us to bring in new talent,
We're only a few days away from flying out to Portugal for our training camp which traditionally is a time for integrating new players and helping them to settle in, well that won't be happening,
Tony Khan said on his podcast interview that Scott Parker is involved in all "round table" discussions  that involve transfers and scouting, in fact he said that Parker has been involved more than any other previous manager,
So with that in mind, do we feel that Parker is currently,
1, calm and at ease with the situation,
2, frustrated with the situation, and making demands that things hurry up,
3, He is a Tony Khan glove puppet (same as Kit Symons) and will put up with whatever

I'm hoping it's option 2 , but I say that with not much confidence

The Rock

Well one thing is for sure, TK as well as his dad are generally consistent. So I think SP, as well as most of us, know what to expect. I'd hope he is more involved vs. pervious managers, but the Khans have been slower learners/adapters but they are trying even if from afar.. So both 1 and 3 perhaps.

Hoppus

Sure he is.
He got the job because they knew he would never complain.

Burt

Who knows?

We can only speculate. And hope that he is OK with things, he knows how things work around here so would have been going in to this job with his eyes open.

Woolly Mammoth

Scott Parker has forgotten more about football than the Bogus Director of Football Tony Khan who was appointed by his father will ever learn.
Fulham FC will continue to haemorrhage Managers until the owners son is removed one way or another. So I go for No. 2.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

3. First job in management. He was probably told this would be the case. It wasn't like he would reject the job is it.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

He's probably thinking most clubs in the Championship would love Seri and Sessegnon in their squad, so it's hardly the end of the world if they're still here when the window closes

Camel Club

A lot depends on those we need to keep if promotion next season is a realistic goal. By now, if the club doesn't know for certain the futures of Mitro, Sess, Seri and Anguissa there could be a repeat of last summer. If any of them are going I would hope that replacements have been identified and talks with other clubs begun. Whether any of them are staying or leaving there should be a solid plan in place to strengthen the squad.

My biggest worry at the moment is that Mitro leaves because aside from what we would lose with him it's looking increasingly likely that the shambles at Newcastle will result in Dwight Gayle being their main striker next season.

We can only hope that the lessons of last year have been learnt, that the flurry of activity we hope for is done and dusted by the end of this month and that we do to Barnsley what a side just relegated from the PL should do to a newly promoted side.

filham

I guess he understands the situation that there cannot be a lot happening while we are able to hang on to Sess. and Mitro and is grateful they are both still with us.

Hopefully he is aware that in the event of Mitro and Sess suddenly leaving there are plans in place for two or three immediate quality replacement.

Deeping_white

Why is it bad that 2018 Championship PoTS Ryan Sessegnon is still here? If he walks away for nothing next year then so be it, at least we'll have one year where we have a good crack at going up with the strongest squad possible should he stay. Seri is also playing in AFCON so unlikely to move until he's done there, and besides he's part of a transfer chain in which Monaco need to sell Tielemans before they buy him.

Besides what Statto says above is spot on, if we don't manage to shift players it's not like the majority of them won't be more than comfortable at championship level to excel anyway

bobby01

Quote from: filham on July 05, 2019, 04:28:04 PM
I guess he understands the situation that there cannot be a lot happening while we are able to hang on to Sess. and Mitro and is grateful they are both still with us.

Hopefully he is aware that in the event of Mitro and Sess suddenly leaving there are plans in place for two or three immediate quality replacement.

Sensible post. 0001.jpeg
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

aaronmcguigan

If Seri and Sess stay, who's to say they will put 100% effort in throughout the season when they will be guaranteed a top level move at the end of the year?  Sess will have more suitors next season, costing nothing other than compensation while you will always find a buyer for someone like Seri.
If we are staying true to form, Sess will leave on a free as our talented youth tend to, and Seri will leave on consecutive loans until his contract runs out or we give him away for pittance a la Ruiz/ Marlet/ Stekelenberg

Fernhurst

Watching and trying to evaluate Scottie's interviews since appointment has been difficult.
Quite flat speaking style with very little passion and hope to rally the troops.
Noted TK speaks about his input in round the table talks, but, how many of those has he been invited too?
Chris Coleman once said shortly after leaving FFC "I would still be employed if I could have managed the up chain as well as my staff and team"
Having the confidence in your first dabble at Managment to start banging the table seems unlikely and the interviews seem to confirm that.
So to answer the question, no don't think he is happy with the situation as the longer it transpires the slimmer the hopes of getting off to a fast start and him keeping his position.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Nero

oh not amother thread to bash TK, I sure Scott knows what's going on and wouldnt have come back from Spurs and brought other coaches from there if he wasn't happy. Scott by all accounts was a leader at every club he's been at I don't see him sitting quietly and let his managerial career fall at the first hurdle by not speaking up if he's not happy with something, he was giving input before he got the job full time and I believe TK would listen to him, as in if he didn't want AK back AK wouldn't be back. For all we know TK could have had 5 transferred line up by Scott may not have approved them.

Let's stop bashing the club and get behind it. teams have recently only come back to pre-season training our manager and managers at other clubs may want to have a look at players again before deciding to get rid of them or have a replacement lined up before they do

ScalleysDad

SP has trusted coaches around him and the players should be benefitting from fresh voices on the training ground and probably a whole host of new scenarios and sessions. SP has to focus on that and try to inspire key players to buy into the plan and stay as well as developing a set style of play be it 4.4.2 or any permutation of ten outfield players. I suspect like many of us he would like a replacement for Chambers already settled in and perhaps a football brain in the back four but if he can get the first team squad united, fit and fired up he would have fulfilled one important pre season goal and be several steps ahead of the mess of last pre season.
I'm looking at consolidation and solid foundations for this season so a lack of big time Charlie's, extornanate loanees and unknown players from the French league is not something I'm losing sleep over. Saying that the likes of Cahill and Gayle for the season would hopefully be pursued with vigour and a huge dollop of common sense.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on July 05, 2019, 04:22:21 PM
He's probably thinking most clubs in the Championship would love Seri and Sessegnon in their squad, so it's hardly the end of the world if they're still here when the window closes

Not sure Tony Khan would agree with any of that, theres a lot of money tied up in those two, why would he be happy with Sessegnon leaving for nothing ?

Lighthouse

A few players are not with the squad because they have been on International duty. It is simply wrong to think that we need new players to fit into our finally worked out jigsaw of a team in the pre season tours. They are simply fitness exercises. Besides we get them in early and they get injured anyway. Once again I don't see a great problem with not bringing in players all tucked up and ready to share in the pre season tour.

I am far more concerned that the players that do come in will be players in the positions we don't need and players who are carrying an injury or players that are here for the dosh and nothing more. There will be plenty of comings and goings between now and the season start. But Junior Khan has been hit or miss in the transfer dealings. Like all transfer dealings whoever is in charge of them. This pantomime villain thing is going a on a bit. It wasn't his genius that got us promoted anymore than his stupidity that got us relegated.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AnOldBrownie

Why wouldn't he be happy? He only lost Ryan Babel and he's getting back Stefjo and AK47.

Just because this forum isn't happy doesn't mean things aren't going the way he wants.

Betts
Christie
Mawson
Ream
Bryan
Stefjo
Anguissa
Cairney
Sess
Ayite
Mitro

MLM
AK47
Cisse
Fonte
Rodak
Edun
Sess

Seri (the only player I think will leave this season)

...and those are players under contract with Tony Khan holding the final card as to whether any of the players mentioned will move prior to the season kicking off.

Scott Parker has a top 6 championship side even if he and his team of coaches (no one ever mentions the coaching experience under Scott) are poor.     If they do simply OK Fulham are at worst...in the playoffs at the end of the year.

That's before TK brings in any one new player.

Scott should be fine.

Sent from my Huawei Mediapad Pro using Tapatalk

junior white

I'd guess so, he would have been told before getting the job if he didn't know before

Riversider

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 05, 2019, 07:30:06 PM
A few players are not with the squad because they have been on International duty. It is simply wrong to think that we need new players to fit into our finally worked out jigsaw of a team in the pre season tours. They are simply fitness exercises. Besides we get them in early and they get injured anyway. Once again I don't see a great problem with not bringing in players all tucked up and ready to share in the pre season tour.

I am far more concerned that the players that do come in will be players in the positions we don't need and players who are carrying an injury or players that are here for the dosh and nothing more. There will be plenty of comings and goings between now and the season start. But Junior Khan has been hit or miss in the transfer dealings. Like all transfer dealings whoever is in charge of them. This pantomime villain thing is going a on a bit. It wasn't his genius that got us promoted anymore than his stupidity that got us relegated.

So by your logic August and early September is the time for players to gel and bed in for the season ahead, rather than a training camp in Portugal !
I dont want to knock Tony Khan but under his stewardship we have started every season slowly and are generally playing catch up from October onwards,
Could that in anyway be linked with our transfer policy I wonder !