watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great news but

Started by The Swan, July 08, 2019, 11:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Mittro signing is great but who will supply the ball to him to score the goals that we need tp get promoted .
He can't do it on his own. We must sign a creative midfield player and a couple of good fast wide players to sent in the crosses for Mitro to score. Very please about his signing.
The Swan

Sting of the North

We do have TC and Johansen in the middle. Plus O'Riley that may be a good player. Really don't see the need for a creative midfielder. If Sess stays (a big if, admittedly) then we look fairly good, but could still do with at least one new winger. Unless Elliott (if he stays, which is another big if), or De La Torre are ready to step up.

Milo

Agree that currently we are set up to return to our standard Fulham trick of the last 10 years... feed it to the striker down the middle with his back to goal.

Cavaleiro and Gayle on the wings would add a new dimension!

FFC1987

Quote from: Milo on July 08, 2019, 12:08:00 PM
Agree that currently we are set up to return to our standard Fulham trick of the last 10 years... feed it to the striker down the middle with his back to goal.

Cavaleiro and Gayle on the wings would add a new dimension!

Gayle isn't a winger.

Bassey the warrior

We don't need creative players, we need pace. Do we have any quick players other than Kamara?

Classic94

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 08, 2019, 12:05:10 PM
We do have TC and Johansen in the middle. Plus O'Riley that may be a good player. Really don't see the need for a creative midfielder. If Sess stays (a big if, admittedly) then we look fairly good, but could still do with at least one new winger. Unless Elliott (if he stays, which is another big if), or De La Torre are ready to step up.

Seconded. Our priority should be a starting RW - Cavaleiro would be perfect. We can add a LW to that if/when R Sessegnon departs.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: The Swan on July 08, 2019, 11:52:28 AM
Mittro signing is great but who will supply the ball to him to score the goals that we need tp get promoted .
He can't do it on his own. We must sign a creative midfield player and a couple of good fast wide players to sent in the crosses for Mitro to score. Very please about his signing.

Wouldn't the creative midfield player be Tom Cairney?

We do need two wingers preferably - very dependant on what happens with Ryan. We have lads who can play there, but we could do with better if possible

Matt10

If you watched WBA play second half of the season, Johansen was their playmaker. One of the few players still around who can ping a ball over the top with precision. He will be just fine for us.

bog

Sess and Mitro used to work really well together, I wonder if now he has committed much will be done to make Sess sign for longer?

092.gif 

WindyCity

Quote from: The Swan on July 08, 2019, 11:52:28 AM

I kind of feel the same as you.  Nice to have Mitro back, nice strong presence in the box, but this team needs much more.  He lacks speed so FFC has very few chances on transition breakouts.  Need one or two speedy wingers to compliment.  Need players that can serve the ball into the box.

I still am very concerned about this teams' defense.  Feel the priority should be upgrading the backline defense and maybe even the keeper position.

FPT

Well our current squad currently has Floyd Ayite, Neeskens Kebano, Aboubakar Kamara and Luca De La Torre as first-team options. Arguably only Floyd Ayite and Aboubakar Kamara have shown they can be starters in the Premier League (Floyd's first season he scored 9 and created 7; Kamara saw the promotion season out with a respectable contribution to goals to game time ratio). We do probably need two and hopefully two plug-in starters (which if Cavaleiro is to join, that solves the right-hand side).

It depends on how Scott Parker's team is to set up. When we were promoted, our top five creators of chances were Johansen, Cairney, Sessegnon, Fredericks and Norwood (in the order). Towards the end of last season, it seemed we settled with a more rigid 4231 with Chambers and Anguissa holding and Cairney more of a stricter 10 than dropping deep as part of a three. That would suggest more reliance on TC and the two wingers to provide but that'd be speculation at this point.

But yeah, as I look at how our squad is and presuming some exits and then considering promotion ambitions, I'd probably want a centre back, two central midfielders, two wingers and a forward minimum.

wheelerdeeler

I've said all along that we "need" a right-sided Centre-Back and a Right-Winger. And then we could get away with not signing, but we should still sign a Right-Back, DM and Left-Winger.

In-terms of the "creative" positions in a 4-2-3-1 scenario, I'd say at the moment we have (assuming Sessegnon leaves);
LW: Ayite, Kebano
#10: Cairney, O'Riley, de la Torre (and personally I'd put Fonte here)
RW: AK47

In that sense, we could get away with just signing a Right-Winger as mentioned above.

My dream signings for wingers are Cavaleiro for the right and Valon Berisha for the left. Berisha especially would be great from a chances created perspective because he can play as a 10 as well if (when) Cairney ends up missing some games.

filham

At this moment we have  very good players in midfield with McDonald, Johansen, Anguissa, Cairney and Serri to choose from. Sess. seems likely to leave and Babel has already left so the only pace we have left for the two wide positions is the problematic Kamara, we need two good signings for these positions to give us an attack that will produce goals.

grandad

Priority has to be a fast RW followed by a replacement for Sess if he goes. Defence really needs a dominant Right Side CB
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: grandad on July 08, 2019, 06:20:54 PM
Priority has to be a fast RW followed by a replacement for Sess if he goes. Defence really needs a dominant Right Side CB

Well Grandad, you an I can see it, let us just hope Parker and Tony Khan can.