watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Signings.

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, July 12, 2019, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

In all honesty, how much input do you think Parker is getting? Have the board started to learn and leaving it up to those that know? Or am I just being silly?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Bassey the warrior

I don't care really, if they keep making signings like Cavaleiro which is exactly the kind of player we need then they have my confidence.

JoelH5

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on July 12, 2019, 03:11:27 PM
In all honesty, how much input do you think Parker is getting? Have the board started to learn and leaving it up to those that know? Or am I just being silly?

Although its taking longer than I'd like, we've resigned Cairney and Mitro and hopefully getting Cavalerio. Cant realistically ask for better signings than that.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Captain Fulhamerica

From the Fulhamish podcast with with Tony Khan, it sounds like he's part of the conversation and his opinion is taken into account. Probably doesn't have much more influence than that, especially as a new coach who's likely focusing on preseason.

hovewhite

I'm happy wether we sign anybody or not,if we do sighn anybody it will be last minute as usual!

David I

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 12, 2019, 03:15:04 PM
I don't care really, if they keep making signings like Cavaleiro which is exactly the kind of player we need then they have my confidence.
Is it confirmed? No. Same as we were allegedly looking at or signing Jenssen and Konsi (can't be arsed to spell check) but ended with neither...

Good signing IF he does sign

JoelH5

Quote from: David I on July 12, 2019, 03:28:18 PM
Is it confirmed? No. Same as we were allegedly looking at or signing Jenssen and Konsi (can't be arsed to spell check) but ended with neither...

Tbf they were never rumoured to be having a medical where as Cav is.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

David I

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 12, 2019, 03:31:10 PM
Quote from: David I on July 12, 2019, 03:28:18 PM

Tbf they were never rumoured to be having a medical where as Cav is.
IF it happens it would be a much better signing than Babel...  🤞

Statto

I've reasonably positive feelings about Parker but see his USP largely as motivation and discipline. I expect he has the nous to make sensible intra-game tactical changes but as a rookie manager, I don't see him imposing his own tactics or style of play on the team. Nor do I see him having players in mind that he wants to bring in. IMO it will be more about keeping things ticking over with the style Jokanovic built over two seasons, and used successfully in this division. Therefore, I don't feel as strongly that he needs a big say in our signings.

Nero

I think Parker is part of a 3 box system, when Slav was hear he threw his teddy out the cot so it went to a 2 box. And TK gets the blame for not having football people making decisions.

toshes mate

I rather doubt the underlying system has changed one iota, since, ultimately, all recruitment teams are judged by us supporters with inadequate, incomplete, and mainly hearsay evidence.  That means we really do not know who made what work unless the true facts are released by some quirk of fate.  The ultimate measure of success if how the coaching team stitch the eventual squad players together, how they read and rectify inadequacies and weaknesses and how they manage and utilise noted dynamics and strengths.  SP has a big job on his hands but I expect him to be every bit as resolute as SJ was.