watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Behind closed doors friendly

Started by Riversider, July 12, 2019, 05:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Wasn't there supposed to be one today ? All very hush hush.

JoelH5

It was against Burnely. We lost 1-0

Chris Wood scored. Penalty - 70th min - Christie with the foul.

Fulham: Bettinelli (Fabri 63), S Sessegnon (Christie 63), Mawson (Odoi 63), Le Marchand (Opoku 63), Bryan (Mundle-Smith 66), McDonald (O'Riley HT), de la Torre (Johansen HT), Cairney (Edun 63), Kebano (Francois 63), Rui Fonte (Mitrovic 63), Kamara (Ayité HT).
I was there, standing in the Putney end

KJS

Good work out for the squad and their goal came from a penalty in the 70th minute

AnOldBrownie

Not bad.   I was just wondering when the next game was.    At least the defense didn't give up 2+ goals.

wheelerdeeler

What could be our defence for Barnsley kept a clean sheet for the time they were on the pitch, so that's encouraging. Burnley had relatively dangerous attacking options on throughout the whole game as well.

Main thing is getting minutes into everyones legs, so 60 minutes for quite a few of them is good. Would expect it to be completely reversed when we play Porto (so Mitrovic plays 60 minutes etc.) unless someone picks up a knock or we get Cavaleiro over the line and he flies out for the last couple of days of the camp.

JoelH5

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 12, 2019, 09:16:23 PM
What could be our defence for Barnsley kept a clean sheet for the time they were on the pitch, so that's encouraging. Burnley had relatively dangerous attacking options on throughout the whole game as well.

Main thing is getting minutes into everyones legs, so 60 minutes for quite a few of them is good. Would expect it to be completely reversed when we play Porto (so Mitrovic plays 60 minutes etc.) unless someone picks up a knock or we get Cavaleiro over the line and he flies out for the last couple of days of the camp.

And we only conceded from a pen, not open play so that's a bit better.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

AnOldBrownie

WTF is up with Marlon Fossey?   I'm getting worried now.

KJS

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 12, 2019, 09:21:43 PM

Why worry if you don't know what's up? he could be carrying an injury or finding it too hot with all that hair  :003:

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: KJS on July 12, 2019, 09:24:50 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 12, 2019, 09:21:43 PM

Why worry if you don't know what's up? he could be carrying an injury or finding it too hot with all that hair  :003:

Yeah....but if you go to #FFCinPortugal   there is an image that list six Fulham teams...each with 7 players...  I don't think I see Marlon's name.

And he's a young American with potential so I worry about his health.   

Stoneleigh Loyalist

With a serious injury like he had he is probably being handled very carefully.

Fernhurst

Well if we can't beat the likes of Burnley.

I'll fetch me tin hat.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Herbie

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 12, 2019, 08:49:12 PM
It was against Burnely. We lost 1-0

Chris Wood scored. Penalty - 70th min - Christie with the foul.

Fulham: Bettinelli (Fabri 63), S Sessegnon (Christie 63), Mawson (Odoi 63), Le Marchand (Opoku 63), Bryan (Mundle-Smith 66), McDonald (O'Riley HT), de la Torre (Johansen HT), Cairney (Edun 63), Kebano (Francois 63), Rui Fonte (Mitrovic 63), Kamara (Ayité HT).

Good to see Steven Sessegnon get a proper run out, as well as some of the other promising youngsters like O'Riley, de la Torre and Edun

..FOF..

Great job!... sounds like the defence is shaping up well...

May gives the board a focus to get a better first defence.... this lot can handle the transition period and if the new signing cannot step up, we have a good reserve.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ..FOF.. on July 12, 2019, 11:54:54 PM
Great job!... sounds like the defence is shaping up well...

May gives the board a focus to get a better first defence.... this lot can handle the transition period and if the new signing cannot step up, we have a good reserve.

Great Job in defense, obviously only conceding one goal to a Premier League team means we can keep some clean sheets against Championship teams, but can we score enough goals as we need to score in 41 games like in 17/18 and we already haven't scored once.

Obviously, most teams we play are weaker than Burnley, but i predict many Championship team will go on the field against Fulham with one tactic "Park the Bus for a Clean Sheet" and many teams in the championship are very good at "Parking The Bus" when required.

Matt10

Seems like Parker is going to employ a lot more overlap for Bryan to take shots. Good to hear about Kebano giving Burnley fits as well, if only he could find the back of the net. Reading some good things about how we're keeping wide and high up the pitch. I'm looking forward to seeing some match action soon!

AnOldBrownie

If Kebano was clinical and could stay healthy... Alas...

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 12, 2019, 09:29:51 PM
Well if we can't beat the likes of Burnley.

I'll fetch me tin hat.

Sorry Fernhurst I've pinched it for my wife...she has a bladder problem... :022:

092.gif

We Are Premier League

Nice too see Johansen in action, was worried that he was still upset about how he was treated last season. :)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: mlangstrom on July 13, 2019, 09:01:34 AM
Nice too see Johansen in action, was worried that he was still upset about how he was treated last season. :)

Johansen had the worst stats of any player in premier league that played 400 minutes, he wasn't treated badly to be dropped.