News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is your hopeful (realistic) starting 11?

Started by JoelH5, July 13, 2019, 10:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Based on the sort of Manager I'm expecting Parker to be I'd expect the team that plays against Barnsley to be pretty close to what we already have available with maybe a new RCB depending on when/if they're signed so;
Bettinelli; Christie (or maybe S. Sessegnon), RCB, Mawson, Bryan; McDonald, Cairney, Johansen; Cavaleiro, Mitrovic, Ayite. Or play Mawson RCB and Le Marchand starts.

Then when Zambo's fit he comes back in at some point in August (If we're playing well I'd ease him back in and have his first start as the 2nd Round League Cup game, if we're struggling he comes in sooner).

My "dream" team signings wise would be more of a 4-2-3-1 and something like;
Bettinelli; Falaye Sacko, Hector, Mawson, Bryan; Zambo, Besic; Cavaleiro, Cairney, Valon Berisha; Mitrovic.

I'd also quite like someone called Pape Abou Cisse from Olympiakos for RCB, but Hector seems infinitely more likely and he'd be much cheaper.

river phoenix

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 14, 2019, 09:11:07 PM
Quote from: river phoenix on July 14, 2019, 08:22:18 PM
                              Betts

Sabaly        Hector             Mawson        Bryan

Besic
                                     Anguissa
                      Cairney

Knockaert                             Cavaleiro
                              Mitro

Sabaly, that the lad who we were linked with the whole of the window before last season started?

Correct. I read somewhere month ago we are interested again.

Maidstone Lee

Betts

New RB Hector Mawson Bryan

McDonald Johansson

Cavaleiro Cairney Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Have included Sess as I reckon he will be loaned back to us. Looks good on paper!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 14, 2019, 10:07:41 PM

Betts

McDonald Johansson

Mitrovic

Have included Sess as I reckon he will be loaned back to us. Looks good on paper!

Would it be sensible for us to take Sessegnon back on loan?

Wouldn't it be more in our interest to find and integrate a replacement (maybe we are already in Cavaleiro) in preparation for our return to the PL?

The Rational Fan

Betts

Besic
                                     Anguissa
                      Cairney

Mitro

On the 29th July 2018, from your squad only Betts and Cairney were at the club. Are we seriously thinking that only Betts, Cairney and Mitro from the playoff final are good enough to get us promoted?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 14, 2019, 09:11:07 PM
                              Betts

Besic
                                     Anguissa
                      Cairney

Mitro

Sabaly, that the lad who we were linked with the whole of the window before last season started?

That is the premier league squad we need in August 2020 if we get promoted only, we can get auto promoted with much worse especially in defence. We only owed two of those players on the 29th July 2018, surely some of the players from 17/18 apart from Betts and Cairney can be used.

We have loaned Cavaleiro now, hopefully when we sell Ryan Sessegnon we can buy Knockaert and convert Cavaleiro to permanent, when we sell Steven Sessegnon we buy Hector, when we sell Seri we buy Besic and if we get promoted buy Sabaly and an entire new bench to keep Christie company. 

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 15, 2019, 07:19:42 AM
                              Betts

Besic
                                     Anguissa
                      Cairney

Mitro

On the 29th July 2018, from your squad only Betts and Cairney were at the club. Are we seriously thinking that only Betts, Cairney and Mitro from the playoff final are good enough to get us promoted?

Fredericks and Targett obviously omitted.

Knockaert is a better footballer than Kamara. Cavaleiro is an upgrade on Sessegnon in many ways.

Besic and Anguissa are both considerably younger than McDonald and Johansen, who have both had a year with limited football.

The squad that got us promoted was predominately not good enough to stay up, so thats why the squad has changed.

Facts Not Fiction

Betts

Besic
                                     Anguissa
                      Cairney

Mitro

This line up is mad for the Championship.

If we manage to put this together, no reason why we shouldn't push for the title.

Statto

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 15, 2019, 12:00:33 AM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 14, 2019, 10:07:41 PM

Betts

McDonald Johansson

Mitrovic

Would it be sensible for us to take Sessegnon back on loan?

Wouldn't it be more in our interest to find and integrate a replacement (maybe we are already in Cavaleiro) in preparation for our return to the PL?

Given his contract expires next summer, I can't see Spurs (or anyone) paying a significant fee for him now and then loaning him back. Why not just defer the transfer, either informally (which is apparently what Fredericks did when he agreed to join West Ham midway through the season) or even formally. As far as I'm aware there's nothing to stop Sessegnon signing a contract with Spurs, and being announced as having signed, but with a start date of 1 July 2020. A loan back just seems like the worst of all worlds - Spurs still have to pay a fee, but they don't get the benefit of bringing the player into their coaching system, and Sessegnon still has to spend another year in the Championship.

Chutney

Bettinelli

New RB New CB Mawson New LB

K Mac

Cairney Johansen

knockaert                Sess

Mitrovic

Get the three new defenders right and we have a chance, will certainly be up there if we do. Start the season with our current defence and we can kiss promotion good bye.

The midfield 3 of Kmac, Johansen and Cairney are capable of dominating this division, and that front 3 looks terrifying. The defence is a big big issue, could ruin everything.
C O Y W

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Chutney on July 15, 2019, 07:02:26 PM
               Bettinelli

K Mac

Cairney Johansen

Mitrovic

Get the three new defenders right and we have a chance, will certainly be up there if we do. Start the season with our current defence and we can kiss promotion good bye.

The midfield 3 of Kmac, Johansen and Cairney are capable of dominating this division, and that front 3 looks terrifying. The defence is a big big issue, could ruin everything.

New LB? You do realise we have one of the best in the league.

You moan about the defence, but Christie will be fine at this level. Judging on how he performed in the PL doesn't matter at this level. Stuart Gray is the reason the defence was so good in the 2nd half of 2017-18, not the players themselves. Fredericks, Odoi and Ream were your conventional defence, yet it worked.

And you omit Cavaleiro, why?

Chutney

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 15, 2019, 07:51:06 PM
               Bettinelli

K Mac

Cairney Johansen

Mitrovic

You moan about the defence, but Christie will be fine at this level. Judging on how he performed in the PL doesn't matter at this level. Stuart Gray is the reason the defence was so good in the 2nd half of 2017-18, not the players themselves. Fredericks, Odoi and Ream were your conventional defence, yet it worked.

Caveliero has been great for wolves when used as an impact player, much like the way we use AK, an upgrade ion AK for sure, I'd be happy for him to start should Sess leave. But Sess scored more than him when they were both starting in this division so that was my thinking behind that.

On the New lb point, I have seen absolutely nothing of Joe Bryan in a fulham shirt to suggest he is anything like the best full back in the division. I think he will struggle, he's been truly awful in the majority of games he's played for us since joining, but only time will tell, would be very happy to eat my words.

Christie may well be fine at this level but does fine get you promoted? I don't think it will. We still haven't successfully replaced target and Fredericks, full backs are so important to a team like us that likes to keep the ball.

Our defence needs major work if the aim is top 2.

C O Y W

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Chutney on July 15, 2019, 11:29:02 PM
               Bettinelli

K Mac

Cairney Johansen

Mitrovic

Caveliero has been great for wolves when used as an impact player, much like the way we use AK, an upgrade ion AK for sure, I'd be happy for him to start should Sess leave. But Sess scored more than him when they were both starting in this division so that was my thinking behind that.

On the New lb point, I have seen absolutely nothing of Joe Bryan in a fulham shirt to suggest he is anything like the best full back in the division. I think he will struggle, he's been truly awful in the majority of games he's played for us since joining, but only time will tell, would be very happy to eat my words.

Christie may well be fine at this level but does fine get you promoted? I don't think it will. We still haven't successfully replaced target and Fredericks, full backs are so important to a team like us that likes to keep the ball.

Anyone thinking Bryan is not good enough for the championship based on last seasons performance doesn't seem to understand the difference in leagues. Don't kid yourself even players like Christie and Fonte would be superstars in many leagues (like A-League which is far from the worst league). Bryan is as good in the Championship, as Gary Neville ever was in the premier league. Joe Bryan was a great buy by Tony Khan given what you get for £6 million.

Chutney

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 12:57:12 AM
               Bettinelli

K Mac

Cairney Johansen

Mitrovic

Anyone thinking Bryan is not good enough for the championship based on last seasons performance doesn't seem to understand the difference in leagues. Don't kid yourself even players like Christie and Fonte would be superstars in many leagues (like A-League which is far from the worst league). Bryan is as good in the Championship, as Gary Neville ever was in the premier league. Joe Bryan was a great buy by Tony Khan given what you get for £6 million.

Unfortunately, He hasn't delivered a single performance for us so far to back up what you have said, lets hope he does so this season!
C O Y W

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Chutney on July 16, 2019, 10:06:15 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 12:57:12 AM
               Bettinelli

K Mac

Cairney Johansen

Mitrovic

Unfortunately, He hasn't delivered a single performance for us so far to back up what you have said, lets hope he does so this season!

If Bryan plays as well as he did against Leceister, he will make PFA team of the season next year.

FFC1987

I've been fairly critical of Christie but even I can see that he'll be ok in the championship especially in a decent side like we're building. Bryan I have full faith in but if I'm choosing between Odoi and Christie for RB, i'd likely like Odoi for his box to box work ethic and pace, plus, hes a great defender aerially so would add that which I feel Christie lacks.

Long story short, having Bryan and Chirstie/Odoi as full backs isn't the worst thing in the world.

The Rational Fan

Why does the discussion only seem to be about defenders, when we only have one player probably staying (Mitro with three assists) that provided more than one assist last season?

FFC1987

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 11:19:40 AM
Why does the discussion only seem to be about defenders, when we only have one player probably staying (Mitro with three assists) that provided more than one assist last season?

because, I for one think we're ok going forward really. Ayite and Kebano are fine at this level, Cavaleiro is very good at this level and Kamaras pace will cause all sorts of danger at this level. If Mitrovic gets injured, we currently have Taylor and Fonte in the wings who could potentially step up. We currently have a weaker backline than we did last time in championship who ultimately, were our weakness. (or were weaker than our attack)

Skatzoffc

Do we think that Parker will put the young Martell T-C on the bench as a home grown substitute?

I'd probably like to see him more than Fonte tbh.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 11:19:40 AM

I would not put much weight on last year's statistics. It was the PL, the team struggled to gel and were underperforming all round.

Our current squad will be good enough, even currently, for the Championship particularly if there is a clear overall structure and if players work in partnerships ( full-backs with wide midfielders, the two centre halfs, Mitro and partner(s)). Cairney, Johanson and Anguissa will provide a lot more assists in the championship than last year's midfield.