watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFP not fit for purpose

Started by bobby01, July 13, 2019, 11:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Aston Villa, Derby and now Sheffield Wednesday have all sold their grounds to their owners. Who then lease it back.

I thought the whole idea of ffp was to stop rich owners gaining a major advantage due to money.

But there again if you get caught you just strike a deal for next to nothing to make it go away, or ignore it for years.

Either sort it out or drop it the only clubs it seems to hurt are the ones it is supposed to protect.

And while you are doing that let's see a rule brought in that clubs can only have a certain number of young players instead of the big clubs buying them with no intention of playing them just to stop anyone else getting them. Let's see the young talent being given a chance to develop and play.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Pretty sure our old owner bought our stadium.....

With regards to the second point, completely agree. When the big four have 3 or 4 teams worth of youth players out on loan, and buy more from the like of our academy, it's wrong. They end up making all the money from their "development".
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

grandad

These hoarding clubs do it to provide the cash for their £100 mil signings. They have hardly any intention of bringing these youngsters through to their 1st team squads. There are a few rare ones that do but most of these kids hardly have any feeling of being part of their parent club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

FFP should be done away with so the Khans can spend more money. FFP mostly helps the Man Utds and Arsenals remain big clubs.

Young players should have the right to play for the clubs they want to play for. Fulham will just have to learn to compete for their services. FFC does a pretty good job of it already. Blame the players and not the system.

Andy S

I cannot blame the players who think they are about to make it. I do blame the football authorities for making the system so unbalanced