watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker's tactics and formation

Started by fulhamben, July 14, 2019, 11:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Does anyone know what he is thinking, have his line ups suggested anything yet, or are we thinking he will stick along the lines with that slav and ranieri were doing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

He has been playing 4-3-3 in the two friendlies, and I expect he'll keep doing that. Judging from last season he wants it to be more attacking than Ranieri and more direct than Slav.

Milo

Slav Mark II I reckon but more direct.

You saw the midfield and defence starting to pass the ball around more towards the back end of last season.

filham

Quote from: Tabby on July 14, 2019, 11:37:37 AM
He has been playing 4-3-3 in the two friendlies, and I expect he'll keep doing that. Judging from last season he wants it to be more attacking than Ranieri and more direct than Slav.
That sounds good to me, we really need to be more direct.

With Kamara and Cav. playing on the flanks there is pace that could stretch defences.

Nero

Quote from: filham on July 14, 2019, 12:45:14 PM

With Kamara and Cav. playing on the flanks there is pace that could stretch defences.

will Mitro be able to keep up

filham

Quote from: Nero on July 14, 2019, 01:34:05 PM
Quote from: filham on July 14, 2019, 12:45:14 PM

will Mitro be able to keep up

No Mitro will arrive on the edge f the box a little late but just in time to meet magnificent pull backs which will be converted into stunning goals. True, I dreamt about it several times last night.

The Rational Fan

I would expected Parker's default formation is 4-3-3 needing players and reserves for this formation, but he also should have options to play other formations including 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 for variation. Having an identity is good to a point, but a team needs to able to vary to the situation too. A good coach is one that can change his tactics when it isn't working and he ne needs a squad that can do this. Last season, Slavisa struggled when he need to adjust tactics, but Raneri showed that we probably didn't have players for any other tactics.

toshes mate

I'd rather write off last season as a series of disasters starting with myopic recruitment decisions through head coach/manager changes that were asylum inmate fodder.  It showed the really serious miscommunication endemic at FFC for quite a while before the damage really caused self destruct.  I hope SP is his own man and will stamp a personality on the side that is a cross between SJ's possession style and SP's own preferences of attacking success while being defensively strong.  I think the style will take a while to grow and establish its own personality and may therefore takes us through several phases of development.  His first Championship game will provide more clues.     

filham

Wish he had the pacey overlapping fullbacks that Jovanovic had at his disposal in our promotion season. Tactics have to be built about the player you have.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: filham on July 15, 2019, 12:31:49 PM
Wish he had the pacey overlapping fullbacks that Jovanovic had at his disposal in our promotion season. Tactics have to be built about the player you have.

Exactly, think we really miss Fredricks and it's a shame we haven't been able to replace him with a similar type of player.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19