watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Is Happening About Sessegnon

Started by filham, July 15, 2019, 12:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

Is Sess currently training in Portugal or is he still injured?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 15, 2019, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on July 15, 2019, 04:46:02 PM
If we look at past history, Levy will let his contract run down because,
A/ it is Ryan's preferred destination
B/ he has no need to pay 30/40/50 million when realistically no one else is going to pay that amount either.

So basically it is up to the Khans, keep him for a season and let him sign a precontract in January and go for free

Or take what he can get for him now.

They won't risk not buying him, as in January, international teams can sign him with 6 months left on his contact. Spurs can't.

Like who?  What team in January will pay him more than he'd earn after a good year in the championship?

Again, it takes 3 parties to move Sess on...and for two of the parties (Sess,Khans) getting rid of a valuable piece in the middle of a season doesn't make sense.

If, by January Sess isn't playing well even fewer teams will be looking to buy him next summer.

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 15, 2019, 06:13:11 PM

He's not able to sign a pre contract agreement because he's under the age of 23, meaning he officially isn't able to sign a deal for another club until next summer

Thanks.    If true I didn't know that.

I'm even more certain that he's going to be a white this year unless he's a Spur...and I doubt the Spurs are in a rush to sign a player that won't cut their starting 11 and some days might not even make their bench.   Especially at left back (unless Danny Rose moves on)

The Spurs top 15 players are really good players and already under contract.   Plus they just bought another expensive player in Ndombele and are still paying for an expensive stadium.

Spurs are about winning NOW and getting a ROI as soon as possible.

Ryan is a luxury player for them and there is no need for them to gamble on him overnight becoming EPL ready.

filham

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 15, 2019, 09:02:51 PM

We really don't know, there is just no news, he could be injured, have one foot in the Spurs ground or taking extended leave after the late internationals he played in.
Let us just hope it is sorted one way or the other in the next week or two, We can do without a mystery over Sess. at the start of the season.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on July 15, 2019, 10:36:23 PM
Quote from: FulhamKC on July 15, 2019, 09:02:51 PM

We really don't know, there is just no news, he could be injured, have one foot in the Spurs ground or taking extended leave after the late internationals he played in.
Let us just hope it is sorted one way or the other in the next week or two, We can do without a mystery over Sess. at the start of the season.

Tony Khan knows what's going on...or Sess would have been gone already.   If he isn't gone he's playing for the first team.

His position is the one I'm the least worried about because if it's vital that Sess stay (if we can't bring in a replacement for him) then it makes his buying price go up.  And Spurs aren't under the gun to buy.

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 15, 2019, 06:13:11 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on July 15, 2019, 04:46:02 PM
If we look at past history, Levy will let his contract run down because,
A/ it is Ryan's preferred destination
B/ he has no need to pay 30/40/50 million when realistically no one else is going to pay that amount either.

So basically it is up to the Khans, keep him for a season and let him sign a precontract in January and go for free

Or take what he can get for him now.

He's not able to sign a pre contract agreement because he's under the age of 23, meaning he officially isn't able to sign a deal for another club until next summer

I touched on this on another thread
I wasn't aware of the rule you've mentioned tbh
Surely they'd just agree an informal equivalent to a 'pre-contract'... it wouldn't be legally binding but Levy could say to the agent, if you go back on your word here then you'll never, ever be involved in another Spurs transfer

AnOldBrownie

This time tomorrow I'm expecting Ryan to still be a White, and Spurs don't need to sign him.   They are trying to win both the league and the Champions League next season.    Ryan isn't going to get them that and if he isn't I wouldn't pay a transfer fee when I could get him for free in 12 months.

Roberty

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 16, 2019, 03:04:33 AM
This time tomorrow I'm expecting Ryan to still be a White, and Spurs don't need to sign him.   They are trying to win both the league and the Champions League next season.    Ryan isn't going to get them that and if he isn't I wouldn't pay a transfer fee when I could get him for free in 12 months.

They will not get him for free - he will be free to sign - BUT - they would still have to pay a "development fee" - the catch is - as we found out with Dembele - is he goes to a club outside the FA region - the fee is a pittance

This was the case with Ings to Liverpool and will be the case with Elliot to Liverpool too
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

The Rational Fan

Fulham are offerring to sell both Sessegnons combined for around £30 million and it would probably cost them another £15 million for the five years wages and another £45 million for another 10 years after that. Totally cost for 15 years at Tottenham could be £90 million that's 6 million per year for both, which is the same cost as Schullre per year,

If Tottenham wait a year my guess is Ryan Sessegnon could cost £40 million for 5 years, which would mean paying a lot more than. 120 million for 15 years for only one Sessegnon (Steven is contracted to FFC for five years). There are lots of advantages for Tottenham to buying Ryan Sessegnon now rather than as a feee agent. The main Is Tottenham doesn't have to bid against other teams to get Sessegnon and if Sessegnon is on low pay extensions with pay rises are accepted quicker.

Mark my words, Tottenham getting the two Sessehnons for the next 15 years is the kind of step they need to take to be one of the Big Four Clubs in England. If Liverpool get Harvey Elliott and the two Sessegnons it may lead to the Big Four being ManCity, ManUtd, Chelsea and Liverpool. Anu Big Club needs eight top homegrown players, they super expensive as Harry Maquire is one that cost 90m plus wages for maybe 9 more years in his career.

Statto

Quote from: Roberty on July 16, 2019, 03:54:13 AM

They will not get him for free - he will be free to sign - BUT - they would still have to pay a "development fee" - the catch is - as we found out with Dembele - is he goes to a club outside the FA region - the fee is a pittance

This was the case with Ings to Liverpool and will be the case with Elliot to Liverpool too

Good point but for more context note that Ings' tribunal fee was still only £6m and IIRC that was for a full England international and proven PL goalscorer at the time.

A few years later Liverpool sold HIM for a lot more despite his career having gone totally downhill.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 04:47:12 AM

Fulham are offerring to sell both Sessegnons combined for around £30 million and it would probably cost them another £15 million for the five years wages and another £45 million for another 10 years after that. Totally cost for 15 years at Tottenham could be £90 million that's 6 million per year for both, which is the same cost as Schullre per year,

If Tottenham wait a year my guess is Ryan Sessegnon could cost £40 million for 5 years, which would mean paying a lot more than. 120 million for 15 years for only one Sessegnon (Steven is contracted to FFC for five years). There are lots of advantages for Tottenham to buying Ryan Sessegnon now rather than as a feee agent. The main Is Tottenham doesn't have to bid against other teams to get Sessegnon and if Sessegnon is on low pay extensions with pay rises are accepted quicker.

Mark my words, Tottenham getting the two Sessehnons for the next 15 years is the kind of step they need to take to be one of the Big Four Clubs in England. If Liverpool get Harvey Elliott and the two Sessegnons it may lead to the Big Four being ManCity, ManUtd, Chelsea and Liverpool. Anu Big Club needs eight top homegrown players, they super expensive as Harry Maquire is one that cost 90m plus wages for maybe 9 more years in his career.
Where are you getting your numbers from? Links please.  To back up ANY of your current valuation of Sess and how that in any way is likely to also be the Spurs current valuation of him along with his brother.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2019, 09:13:59 AM
Quote from: Roberty on July 16, 2019, 03:54:13 AM

Good point but for more context note that Ings' tribunal fee was still only £6m and IIRC that was for a full England international and proven PL goalscorer at the time.

A few years later Liverpool sold HIM for a lot more despite his career having gone totally downhill.

I know but player values have gone up since then

My point though is that it is only a partial loss and not a total write-off

If keeping him ensures that we are promoted back to the PL at the end of this season it could be worth a lot more to us than the extra money we get now, especially as it is going to be hard to find a quality player to replace him? So if we can find a way though FFP without selling him TK might think it worth the gamble.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 16, 2019, 09:39:45 AM

Where are you getting your numbers from? Links please.  To back up ANY of your current valuation of Sess and how that in any way is likely to also be the Spurs current valuation of him along with his brother.

Best Guess from other comparative information, https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-f.c/contracts/

Xherdan Shaqiri cost £34m over 5 years and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain costs £65m over 5 years.

If Ryan Sessegnon plays well next season, then Liverpool and Tottenham will go into a bidding war next year to get him to pay 40m over 5 years. Or they pay Fulham £30m now and Sessegnon £10m for five years. Of course, Tottenham would prefer to pay Sessegnon gets £10m rather than £40m so that they can offerr him pay rises in return for extending his contract.

FFC1987

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 10:56:55 AM

If Ryan Sessegnon plays well next season, then Liverpool and Tottenham will go into a bidding war to get him.

But Ryan has another year off his current contract which seriously impacts his transfer value and both clubs won't over buy on a short term contract player.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 16, 2019, 10:59:03 AM

If Ryan Sessegnon plays well next season, then Liverpool and Tottenham will go into a bidding war to get him.

But Ryan has another year off his current contract which seriously impacts his transfer value and both clubs won't over buy on a short term contract player.

Tottenham would pay a lot to us, if Sessegnon agrees to sign a five year contract with them.

FFC1987

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 11:34:05 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 16, 2019, 10:59:03 AM

Tottenham would pay a lot to us, if Sessegnon agrees to sign a five year contract with them.

in this window maybe, but not next year, his contract value depreciates just like his market value.