watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Is Happening About Sessegnon

Started by filham, July 15, 2019, 12:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Sessegnon has reportedly made it clear that he would like a move to Spurs and refused a new contract with Fulham, we have put a ridiculous price on his head and Spurs seem to be playing cat and mouse. Sess picked up an injury in the summer playing for England, what is the current situation. With the window closing in about three weeks time this matter needs sorting.

Spurs are in the driving seat, last season proved that Sess. is not ready for premier league football and no way would he command a place in the current Spurs team, they would be buying for the future so may as well leave him at Fulham for another season and pick him up on a free transfer.

The question is are other big teams likely to step in and snap up Sess ahead of Spurs, I suspect not as Sess has declared a liking for Spurs and in all honesty the media  have probably made Sess into a better player than he really is, he may not be in demand by the top six.
Looking Back Sess had a brilliant season in the second  half of our promotion seasonwhen switched from left back into an attacking  goal poaching role, prior to that he was not solid in defence. Last season with only 2 goals from 33games his goalscoring ability had gone.

I think we need to get the best possible fee possible from Spurs in the next couple of weeks and move on.

I do like Sess especially as he is one of our own, but we can manage without him, and as he  wants out, let him go.

Looking back Les Barret, Boa and Duffy were far better wide left players than Sess so we just may replace him with an improvement.
Of course if we could replace Sess. with someone like the beloved Tosh Chamberlin then surely we would all be over the moon.

Chutney

Quote from: filham on July 15, 2019, 12:19:03 PM
Sessegnon has reportedly made it clear that he would like a move to Spurs and refused a new contract with Fulham, we have put a ridiculous price on his head and Spurs seem to be playing cat and mouse. Sess picked up an injury in the summer playing for England, what is the current situation. With the window closing in about three weeks time this matter needs sorting.

Spurs are in the driving seat, last season proved that Sess. is not ready for premier league football and no way would he command a place in the current Spurs team, they would be buying for the future so may as well leave him at Fulham for another season and pick him up on a free transfer.

The question is are other big teams likely to step in and snap up Sess ahead of Spurs, I suspect not as Sess has declared a liking for Spurs and in all honesty the media  have probably made Sess into a better player than he really is, he may not be in demand by the top six.
Looking Back Sess had a brilliant season in the second  half of our promotion seasonwhen switched from left back into an attacking  goal poaching role, prior to that he was not solid in defence. Last season with only 2 goals from 33games his goalscoring ability had gone.

I think we need to get the best possible fee possible from Spurs in the next couple of weeks and move on.

I do like Sess especially as he is one of our own, but we can manage without him, and as he  wants out, let him go.

Looking back Les Barret, Boa and Duffy were far better wide left players than Sess so we just may replace him with an improvement.
Of course if we could replace Sess. with someone like the beloved Tosh Chamberlin then surely we would all be over the moon.

There are very few 18 year olds in world football that have played as many first team games or scored as many goals (as a wise player), from that point of view he is way ahead of his peers.

People forget how young he is when they say things like "Last season with only 2 goals from 33games his goalscoring ability had gone." Especially when you take in to account the performance of the team as a whole.
C O Y W

jarv

I suspect the problem is agents, greed and the media. I agree with what you say about other players mentioned.

Nero

Quote from: jarv on July 15, 2019, 12:42:31 PM
I suspect the problem is agents, greed and the media. I agree with what you say about other players mentioned.

Think Spurs are seeing how much they have left after they brought the targets they actually want

AnOldBrownie

Takes 3 to tango regardless of what everyone thinks.

3 weeks for Sess, Fulham and a purchasing team to all agree.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

hovewhite

Think he should see out his contract even if he gets fit and he goes in January for a smaller fee as money under Khan is not an issue.

Andy S

I agree as far as spurs are concerned Sess may as well see out his contract at Fulham. Should we get promoted he may well sign a new contract and stay here alongside his brother who could well be in the first team by then.

sunburywhite

Or pay him what he wants to stay

50k a week = 2m 600k over the course of the year

You would get that back if you sold him
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

If RS is already gone then the task is not to replace him (it would probably be impossible to find a like for like player) but to have an alternative strategy for filling either or both the wide midfield berths or solving the difficulty on the right flank (presuming Cavaleiro is the better wide left partner for Bryan although he could be either) at both full back and midfield.  If SS is in the running for promotion to first team duty then the key is his partnering player.   I trust SP will work just as hard as SJ did in finding who plays best with whom.

I'd certainly love FFC to acquire a player of the quality of Barrett, Chamberlain, or Leggat, (better still a combination of all three) and have a pacey attacking option as the right back, which we know SS can perform. If teams feel threatened on both their flanks then spaces will occur elsewhere and that may make life much better for our full backs, defenders and central midfielders.  I feel the key for next season will be better possession of the ball where it matters - in the opponent's half.

Tabby

Burt

According to the Telegraph, Spurs have yet to open formal talks with us, and Villa have made an inquiry. Read in to that what you will. Considering a couple of weeks ago it was reported that Spurs had bid £30m then there's a lot of hot air out there.

Roberty

Even if he does see out his contact we would still get a development fee as was the case with Danny Ings when he left Burnley and as will happen now with Harvey Elliot.

So if the offers are not high enough there is no point to selling him now and having to find a replacement.

Having his considerable talent this season - on a smaller wage than a replacement would cost - maybe the better option for TK at this point.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

bobby01

If we look at past history, Levy will let his contract run down because,
A/ it is Ryan's preferred destination
B/ he has no need to pay 30/40/50 million when realistically no one else is going to pay that amount either.

So basically it is up to the Khans, keep him for a season and let him sign a precontract in January and go for free

Or take what he can get for him now.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Atomhead

I can see Sess staying here next year and signing a new contract. He may well still depart at some point but another year or two with us in the champ and prem would suit him.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Tabby on July 15, 2019, 04:10:07 PM
Cavaleiro is a right winger.

Wolves fans say he's at his best cutting in from the left.

He may have played more games on the right, but that isn't his best position.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: bobby01 on July 15, 2019, 04:46:02 PM
B/ he has no need to pay 30/40/50 million when realistically no one else is going to pay that amount either.

So basically it is up to the Khans, keep him for a season and let him sign a precontract in January and go for free

They won't risk not buying him, as in January, international teams can sign him with 6 months left on his contact. Spurs can't.

Roberty

He doesn't go for free - even at the end of his current contract - Burnley got a development fee for Ings we should get one for Sess

It might not be 30m - but the cost of replacement + higher wage + development fee + will he make a difference this year and get us promoted - may add up to the best value option
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

hovewhite

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 15, 2019, 05:20:34 PM

They won't risk not buying him, as in January, international teams can sign him with 6 months left on his contact. Spurs can't.
more reason for Fulham playing
Hardball!

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 15, 2019, 05:19:36 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 15, 2019, 04:10:07 PM
Cavaleiro is a right winger.

Wolves fans say he's at his best cutting in from the left.

He may have played more games on the right, but that isn't his best position.

Also the highlight reels I've seen seem to show him playing largely on the left, or at his best on the left, during Wolves' promotion season

Deeping_white

He's not able to sign a pre contract agreement because he's under the age of 23, meaning he officially isn't able to sign a deal for another club until next summer