watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Reece Joel Oxford any good?

Started by We Are Premier League, July 15, 2019, 04:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Read that we, allegedly, were keen on Reece Joel Oxford. Does anyone know if he is any good? Haven't see much of him to be honest.

Tall RCB, but on loan (and probably no option to buy)...

Tabby

I don't see why he'd be expensive, Augsburg is apparently looking into signing him for less than £3 million.

river phoenix

Quote from: mlangstrom on July 15, 2019, 04:09:24 PM
Read that we, allegedly, were keen on Reece Joel Oxford. Does anyone know if he is any good? Haven't see much of him to be honest.

West Ham had huge expectations for him, he was the captain of England U17 team, debuted in PL as 17 years old couple of years ago, can play as a CB and DM... what happened with him and WHU that hamper his progress later I really don`t know...

The Rational Fan

A homegrown player that has played RCB, DM, RB  and LCB for £4m, sounds like what we need in the squad, on the bench and maybe even starting sometimes. Hasn't played much little hard to guess his worth.

Woolly Mammoth

Reece Oxford, is a good player, and was a great prospect at West Ham. My understanding is that he went off the rails a little which hampered his development, but the right manager and the right club could get the best out of him if he is willing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

I Ronic

I wonder if SP still has some contacts with Wet Spam?

river phoenix

Quote from: I Ronic on July 16, 2019, 06:40:59 AM

He surely has, he was kind of icon while playing over there.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: river phoenix on July 16, 2019, 07:53:55 AM

I am sure he does, but i am sure Scott Parker would most love to take Tony Khans signings from last season and win the league. Have no doubt winning the league is great, but if he can win the league with most of last years squad his reputation will be cemented for life.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 08:01:08 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on July 16, 2019, 07:53:55 AM

I am sure he does, but i am sure Scott Parker would most love to take Tony Khans signings from last season and win the league. Have no doubt winning the league is great, but if he can win the league with most of last years squad his reputation will be cemented for life.

Why is it so important to win our division with last year's team?  And if that were to happen SP would be saddled with a squad that were painfully inadequate last time around at Prem level.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 08:01:08 AM
I am sure Scott Parker would most love to take Tony Khans signings from last season and win the league. Have no doubt winning the league is great, but if he can win the league with most of last years squad his reputation will be cemented for life.
SP's stock and reputation will be enhanced by achieving promotion this season regardless of how he does it.   That is why he wants and wanted the challenge when it was offered.   Obviously success is important to him but, much more than that, it is the experience of working within a club where a tumultuous sequence of events has created the opportunity for a new start, a clean sheet, and an adventure in creating something out of a lost cause.  From the stuff I have seen he seems settled within himself which is as good a place as any to be at the start of his first real adventure into the unknown.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: river phoenix on July 15, 2019, 04:59:30 PM
Quote from: mlangstrom on July 15, 2019, 04:09:24 PM

West Ham had huge expectations for him, he was the captain of England U17 team, debuted in PL as 17 years old couple of years ago, can play as a CB and DM... what happened with him and WHU that hamper his progress later I really don`t know...

He was seen as a futute superstar at West Ham. My WH mates loved him, said he was absolutely brilliant when he first came in. I dont know whats happened since? but something not right ,whether its off field issues or his development has plateaued out a bit.
I think thats the mistake a lot of our fans make with Sessegnon, its not always a meteoric upward rise to the top for young players, theres going to be times where they stall a bit, its how they kick on thats the issue