Started by Fernhurst, July 19, 2019, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 21, 2019, 03:28:33 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2019, 03:15:53 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 20, 2019, 12:48:26 PM
Quote from: Milo on July 20, 2019, 12:27:54 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 20, 2019, 07:51:28 AM
Seems like there has been a change in our recruitment strategy or personnel. Suddenly we seemed to be making intelligent decisions

It's odd isn't it. Would these players have been signed in previous years? Have the stats taken a back seat?

I agree it's somewhat unusual for TK to sign two players who've already played in the division we're in. However we were linked with Cavaleiro last summer and TK said he'd been a target for "several years". Knockaert isnt an entirely atypical TK signing either - a winger, French, and a bit of a flair player. I suspect he has a high "stats score" too.

Knockaert has medium-poor statistics in the premier league similar to Sessegnons in the Premier League, but every season of his in the championship his stats are truly exceptional and his stats are much better than Sesessegnons in the Championship. In other words, his drop in performance from Championship to Premier League was much greater than Ryan Sessegnons. As for signing players with experience in our division, he often does that with loans (Kalas, TFM and Chambers) and both these players on loans, the difference this year is he paying more so as to get an option to buy.

Do these stats of yours take into consideration that he suffered from severe depression during his last years in the PL after his father died from cancer and he split up with his wife? In his own words he was "staring into the abyss". Hardly the perfect state of mind to perform in the world toughest league.

Stats never tell the full story.

I read up on his backstory after it was pointed out to me. Luckily I rarely see the BHFC fan/colleague but I'll find time to out him as  knob.