watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For those who prefer the Championship

Started by FulhamKC, July 19, 2019, 11:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

So, I find the EPL boring in that there are only 4-5 teams who are likely to win it any given year and the rest are just trying to make it into the top half of the table. I like the Championship because 1) it is high quality football and 2) most any team can win any given game.

If you agree with that, then you are presented with a conundrum: Do you want FFC to get automatic promotion/win the playoff (all of which is a very satisfying successful season) or compete well during the season but fall short of promotion?

I hate bouncing up and down but I do love being one of the best teams in the Championship.

Andy S

I don't really care as long as it is an enjoyable season with a bit of drama and speculation along the way. Let's win the league again

St Eve

fulhamdk

I would prefer a play off final win against Leeds.
It would give me an extra trip to come over and i had a great time in the sun last time against villa.

SuffolkWhite

I love the Championship but we need to be in the top league financially. I'm ok with yo yo'ing but as much as the promitions are great the relegations are painful.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Tempest

I want Fulham to win every game, loved the fact we won at Wembley but I don't want Fulham in the PL. So win every game and get automatic relegation to the championship on a financial regulation technicality suits me.

Until we get to the point of beating Chelsea on a regular basis it's the championship for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

hovewhite

Much prefer EFL myself as it's more fun ,oh and win a few games to boot.The fans are better.

Oakeshott

The truth is that outside of the two Manchester and two Liverpool clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, every Premiership club is vulnerable to being relegated, as we would be should we return. If the Club's finances were such that we were never going to escape from being in that category, being in the Championship would be more interesting.

But, with the Riverside redevelopment now clearly going ahead, and the known wealth of our owners, it is not impossible that we could over a few years become one of what would then be the top eight. If Scotty Parker proves himself, and if Khan junior learns from last season's monumental cock up, if we are promoted again things could look very promising.

The decisions this summer so far have been excellent, with retaining Mitro and TC vital. I'm in no way sorry Seri has gone, and I don't think we'll miss RS - last season showed his limitations though of course he is still young enough to develop.

If we are able to sign the Brighton winger, with Mitro and Ivan Cavaleiro, and AK's pace, we should score lots of goals and Alfie Mawson and Joe Bryan should be outstanding in the Championship. And if we keep him, Anguissa could yet prove to be a real star.

Plenty could go wrong, of course, but at the moment I am as optimistic about the coming season as I have been at this time of year for a very long time.

Apprentice to the Maestro

We went all the way to a European final once. I seem to remember that felt good.

And an F.A. Cup final.

toshes mate

It is a conundrum for sure, and it is made all the more difficult when, for a while you are celebrating promotion, only to face the dreadful long drawn out feeling of not being good enough to even manage the point a game average required for a chance of survival.  But our previous says we can have our moments too, as A-t-t-M mentions above, although he doesn't mention that our FA Cup Final appearance was as a second tier Club.  My personal preference is for a team that can play entertaining football against the best (like Anfield last season), and not play rubbish and be so awful as to concede lots of goals even at home.  I also crave stability behind the scenes so that we are building upon already solid foundations and not panicking and looking for a new place to dig when things do not look so good.

Although as an average income Club you need money to survive in football, you do not need pots of it.  You just need good football heads on strong shoulders to master the psychology and mentality of players to be determined to succeed to the extent that they never give less than 100% to the cause.  As supporters we instinctively know when that has happened even down to the rubs of green we will always get to help us along the way.   I am looking forward to seeing a stable FFC this season which promises so much more than a joyous afternoon at Wembley followed by anti-climax.  If SP is properly assisted by all those around him then he can deliver on the promise of a much more stable, much better and more successful five seasons in a row where each is an improvement on the one before.  Now that would be something, wouldn't it?   

southwest6

Personally prefer going to games in the championship. Went to some incredible games in the championship where proper fulham fans turned up. Whenever we're in the PL either our vocal fans are priced out or there's simply a lack of interest. I much prefer away days at Luton or Charlton then I do at Arsenal or spurs!

But yes, as others have mentioned, financially it is better we aim to be in the PL. I also don't mind yo-yo'ing that much, as long as our stints in the PL can cement our status as a sustainable club in the long-term.

If i'm honest, the main thing I miss about being in the PL is watching fulham on MOTD after having won our game. Always a pleasure. Personally can't stand the football league equivalent...

filham

No doubt about it the premier league is the place to be for a number of reasons.

Please let it be automatic promotion, the play off was great but I am not sure I could take all that tension for a second time in three seasons.

Statto

I enjoyed being in the PL when we were a well-run, mid-table side who had a reasonable chance, albeit slightly less than 50%, of turning over sides like Man Utd, Arsenal and maybe, just maybe Chelsea on a good day at the Cottage. And then of course some of those results led to the Europa League run, which remains by the far the best thing I've experienced as an FFC fan.

I'd like to go back to that and perhaps even, with Khan prepared to continue to invest where MAF wasn't, make experiences like the Europa run more regular.

The Championship is like working in a supermarket in your early 20s. A nice, simple life and you have a really good laugh, but on your deathbed you'll want to say you did something more. 

Andy S

Thank god i've never had to work in a supermarket but somebody has to

Camel Club

I love what is now called the Championship. When I first started going to Fulham in the early 70s we were in the second tier and to be honest historically that's always felt to me to be our natural level.

As a kid in those early years I can't remember wishing us to have played in what was then the First Division. I think I assumed Fulham would always be in that league but I do remember how utterly devastated I was at the end of the 70s when we were relegated at Watford.

Really looking forward to next season and, as has been said before, to be surrounded by the really committed people who are Fulham to their core. I don't want another play-off Final win thank you. Last May was so special it deserves to stand alone as a truly one off experience that was beyond compare.

Automatic promotion achieved at the Cottage next time please with a couple of games to go and the title won in our last home game of the season would be perfect.

I only want us to play in the PL again if we can be genuinely competitive. Last season was so awful for a multitude of reasons which we've done to death on here and it felt to me as if the season never really started; so much had the PL moved on since we were last there.

One thing I do know is that Shad Khan wouldn't be here if he didn't think he could turn Fulham in to an established PL club again; as evidenced by the ambition witnessed over the last week or so regarding Mitro and Cavaleiro and with Knockaert possibly this weekend.

Next season is going to be one hell of a ride and I can't wait for it to get underway. COYW!!