watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Highlights of a match I can't watch again

Started by SP, July 21, 2019, 04:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

BT Sport 3 @ 8:00 is highlights of Derby v FFC from 1983.

bog

Thanks for making me aware SP. It was very painful to recall.

092.gif

Fulham 442

I read an article regarding this match written by the journalist and Derby fan Jonny Bonnel.  To say it is biased is an understatement.  I am sure if it had been Fulham fans attacking Derby players he would have written it differently.

Bill2

Can't watch this again. I still hate Derby because of that and am glad when they get near promotion and fail also Lampard leaving. Perhaps if they get relegated this season it will make the hate less.

Robbie

Watched .. what a match and a farce. FFC were robbed.
The fans were outrageous ... standing on the edge of the pitch for most of the match.
Great to see all those British players, skinny legs and Duckhams Oil ads !

Lighthouse

I didn't have to watch it again. I remember it all so well. I wasn't at the game but saw the highlights after. I was working and sneaking off listening to the reports and scores on the radio. I do remember having a migraine when my shift ended at 7 that night. The people around who were coming in asking for the result as they all knew I was a Fulham fan made the day even worse......I do remember knowing we wouldn't go up that season. I had been to every home match and many away matches and I could tell the team were slipping out of nerves or just bad luck.

Even then the cowardice of the FA or whoever made the final call not to have the game replayed still annoys me. It gave permission to fans to assault players  and invade the pitch with only mild recriminations. Still feel the anger and the frustration.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope