News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can somebody please explain the ticket situation to me ?

Started by Riversider, July 22, 2019, 06:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

For the last few seasons I have been a season ticket holder in The Riverside Stand,  I was offered a ticket in P1 in The Putney End,  which I declined,
I spoke to somebody in the ticket office and enquired about having a ticket in either The Hammersmith End or The Johnny Haynes instead, I was told that there was no availability whatsoever  so it's The Putney End,  take it or leave it, so I left it (A decision that I am entirely happy with)
I got an E mail from the club today asking if I wanted tickets for The West Ham game, the link took me through to the ticket home page, so I had a look at ticket availability for the games against Blackburn and Millwall and was very surprised to see that there were literally thousands available in both The Hammersmith End and The Johnny Haynes,  can anyone explain why there should be so many available when we've been told that availability is so limited ?
Makes no sense to me, I expected some availability but no where near that much.

hovewhite

Can't explain,if you want tickets quote your old client reference number on your email or S/T from last season.

Riversider

Quote from: hovewhite on July 22, 2019, 07:09:05 PM
Can't explain,if you want tickets quote your old client reference number on your email or S/T from last season.

I don't want tickets I was just surprised to see so much availability.

b+w geezer

I have taken a look and am as stunned as the original poster -- from whom I differ only in having taken up a season ticket in the Putney End.

I would have much preferred the Haynes Stand. Block B would have suited me nicely for example, and there are currently about 80 seats available in that block alone for the Blackburn match -- in singles, doubles, trebles and other multiples. Paying by the match these are priced at about double what I am paying for my Putney season ticket, but that would have been in line with what my former Riverside s/t cost. Why on earth was a move to there out of the question?

gang

Is it that season tickets were limited or sold out?
There is always a percentage of match tickets available for each game.

sarnian

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 22, 2019, 08:51:23 PM
I have taken a look and am as stunned as the original poster -- from whom I differ only in having taken up a season ticket in the Putney End.

I would have much preferred the Haynes Stand. Block B would have suited me nicely for example, and there are currently about 80 seats available in that block alone for the Blackburn match -- in singles, doubles, trebles and other multiples. Paying by the match these are priced at about double what I am paying for my Putney season ticket, but that would have been in line with what my former Riverside s/t cost. Why on earth was a move to there out of the question?

I imagine that it was club policy to try and fill the Putney End with season ticket holders first. They would not want spare tickets available for away supporters on match days thereby keeping home and away supporters segregated in that stand.  The odd away supporter in the other 2 stands should not cause too many problems.

mrmicawbers

Were they not trying to put people that sat in the Riverside together in the same stand so they would be next to people they knew.Think that was the idea.Couple of my friends moved seats after talking to the ticket office.They were however already season ticket holders in the Johnny Haynes stand.There are also lots of restricted views in both J H stand and Hammersmith End.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 22, 2019, 10:40:01 PM
Were they not trying to put people that sat in the Riverside together in the same stand so they would be next to people they knew.Think that was the idea.Couple of my friends moved seats after talking to the ticket office.They were however already season ticket holders in the Johnny Haynes stand.There are also lots of restricted views in both J H stand and Hammersmith End.
This.  But if I recall correctly, the restricted views are specified as such by the EFL (PL in the past) and may in practice be perfectly ok.  They might  for example miss a very very small part of a goal area.  Talk to the TO.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

b+w geezer

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 22, 2019, 10:40:01 PM
Were they not trying to put people that sat in the Riverside together in the same stand so they would be next to people they knew.Think that was the idea.
Agreed. However if that was not a factor (for example because, as in my case, your neighbour was not renewing) there was no option to have seat in the H. End or JH Stand instead -- with unavailability the cited reason.

The real reason now seems to be that if those other areas were known to be in the picture, then a high proportion of the Riversiders would have wanted them; therefore least hassle to debar everyone.

I suppose that is understandable -- and understandable also that they would (how to put it?)  be economical with the truth.

Anyway, had I known the JH was far from full, I would have preferred to buy match by match, spending more and having a view that suits me better.  The original poster will be in a position to do precisely this, should he wish, as his reward for not renewing. He's entitled to think of himself as less of a mug.