more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa Departs

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 26, 2019, 07:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: HV71 on July 27, 2019, 11:21:00 AM
Sorry but we spent 110mil last year and one year later we are left with very little from that splurge.   As DoF then surely player recruitment and retention is one of TK's key areas of responsibility.  I'm not blaming Him directly for the fact that someone like Zambo no longer fancies playing for us, but he's hardly blameless for what we spent and what we are left with 12 months down the road.

+ 1

Appalling business and use of resources

how do you know Frank didn't fancy it or could it be we didn't fancy Frank for the season ahead, what if SP has said to TK I want players with a good record in English football, let's get rid of Seri and Frank they don't seem to be cutting it do our best to keep Mitro and TC

toshes mate

Quote from: Nero on July 27, 2019, 01:47:30 PM
Sorry but we spent 110mil last year and one year later we are left with very little from that splurge.   As DoF then surely player recruitment and retention is one of TK's key areas of responsibility.  I'm not blaming Him directly for the fact that someone like Zambo no longer fancies playing for us, but he's hardly blameless for what we spent and what we are left with 12 months down the road.

+ 1

how do you know Frank didn't fancy it or could it be we didn't fancy Frank for the season ahead, what if SP has said to TK I want players with a good record in English football, let's get rid of Seri and Frank they don't seem to be cutting it do our best to keep Mitro and TC
We don't know and so we rely upon what is put to us by those in the Club who do know.  TK's podcast and statements to FST are those sources we should be able to believe until actions are taken that belie his words and make him sound like a person who cannot be trusted in public or private matters.  And what makes matters worse he should know the reality of that outcome for himself - does he care?  How many chances has he to be given to change and be a responsible individual and ambassador for FFC before his dad steps in and stops the rot?

bill taylors apprentice

+ 1

[/b]

I think a blind man could see he didn't fancy it!
If TK is now listening to the HC as you suggest and getting rid is now a priority then why make the statement about keeping the squad together etc etc.
And finally, if as you say TK & SP are in agreement that these 2 players are not "cutting it" isn't that just another embarrassing failure by the head of recruitment?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 27, 2019, 02:05:42 PM

+ 1

[/b]

I think a blind man could see he didn't fancy it!
If TK is now listening to the HC as you suggest and getting rid is now a priority then why make the statement about keeping the squad together etc etc.
And finally, if as you say TK & SP are in agreement that these 2 players are not "cutting it" isn't that just another embarrassing failure by the head of recruitment?

Yes, the biggest error of judgement since Olaf the Hairy, Warrior King of the Vikings, ordered 80,000 War Helmets with the Horns sticking out from the inside.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

the nutflush

First post since we got relegated.

I couldn't be happier to see this guy go. This guy was a complete bust. Anyone who thinks just because we drop down a rung that this guy can boss it in midfield is living in dream land. Pea sized heart to boot. Absolute imposter.

Twig

Quote from: the nutflush on July 27, 2019, 03:13:26 PM

I couldn't be happier to see this guy go. This guy was a complete bust. Anyone who thinks just because we drop down a rung that this guy can boss it in midfield is living in dream land. Pea sized heart to boot. Absolute imposter.

Lol, don't mince words will you.  Tend to agree though.

AnOldBrownie

But at least 3 manager...and myself, think he's a better baller than Stefjo and MacDonald...who are both expected to start next week.   Complete bust or not, he was better than the current options which was the point of not wanting him to go.   

midlandwhites

This guy was not good enough along with the rest that have now gone ....get promoted to the premiership and then bring these so called better players in and leave out the players that got promoted...if i was Kmac/Steff/Betts i dont think i would have stayed...
Hate to say it the Cardiff manager was right in rewarding the players that got the their, if Fulham get promoted again is it a case of these players will not be wanted again..

Woolly Mammoth

Now that the dust has settled I am glad he has gone elsewhere, he never punched his weight, his body language sent out negative vibes, along with Schurrie and Seri, Vieto, also the Right Back from Man U  and a couple of others he took the heart beat out of the team, no fire in his belly, and the heart the size of an orange pip. Never really broke sweat. He played as though he had never met any of the rest of the team before, and on top of that cost a small fortune.

Never forget your Roots.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2019, 01:03:56 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 27, 2019, 10:43:30 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 27, 2019, 10:23:18 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 27, 2019, 10:04:27 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 27, 2019, 01:39:30 AM
Don't care that he has predictably moved on. But didn't TK just tell us he wasn't leaving? What a shambles.

When did TK say Anguissa wasn't leaving?

Reference Statto's post "Anguissa isn't leaving".

Oh of course, the gospel according to lord Statto. The quote from TK via Statto says

"The clubs AIM is to keep the rest of the current squad intact even if Fulham are relegated"

The main word is AIM. If some players don't fancy playing for our club in the Championship, it's not TK's fault.

I'm not sure something being an "aim" means you've no responsibility for achieving it. Our "aim" last year was to stay up but of course it was always possible we'd go down. Does that mean no one at the club should be in any way criticised or blamed for relegation, since staying up was merely an "aim", not a promise.

In any case, keeping the squad intact was presented as a strategy focusing on, quite rightly, lowering player turnover. That means not only have we failed to achieve our "aim", but also it looks like our strategy has gone out the window and we're now sailing into the abyss without a rudder.

It was also treated by many as a mitigant against the woeful short-term impact Seri and Anguissa had. TK said in the same FST meeting he thought criticism of the players was unfair and said they (specifically Seri and Anguissa) were part of our long-term plans even if we got relegated. Many on here, including me (believe it or not) swallowed that and thought maybe, with time to settle, these signings might not look so bad after all. Now they've both been loaned with options to buy, that mitigation has evaporated.

Statto, you're sounding like Boris Johnson. I think there is a difference between an AIM and a PROMISE. TK's AIM was to keep Seri and Agussia but with dropping down to the Championship they changed their minds and with pressure from their agents he had no other options but to cut our losses and go for a loan deal to get the wages off the bottom line.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 27, 2019, 06:45:45 PM

But at least 3 manager...and myself, think he's a better baller than Stefjo and MacDonald...who are both expected to start next week.   Complete bust or not, he was better than the current options which was the point of not wanting him to go.   
[/b]
Then my old fruit, you show yourself as a poor judge of a player.
Its all very well saying he's better than so and so but if he doesn't want to make the best of his talents and raise any effort for the team your preference is badly flawed.
Have you ever seen him play live for us because the the TV painted a less harsh picture of of his efforts in a Fulham shirt.

Woolly Mammoth

All the signs were that Anguissa was never gonna run through a brick wall for the team anyway. It's a bit disappointing as we will never really know how he would have performed in the Championship. But his demeanour and body language gave me the impression he didn't really want to be here in the first place, I was not impressed by his lack of commitment on the field of play, didn't really look interested, a symptom of a fractured dressing room before SP was appointment. So I shan't lose any sleep, but it's just another frustrating disappointment.

Never forget your Roots.