more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa Departs

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 26, 2019, 07:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Anguissa Departs

The Club can confirm that André-Frank Zambo Anguissa has today joined Villarreal on a season-long loan deal.

The La Liga side will also hold the option of making the transfer a permanent one next summer.

Everyone at Fulham would like to wish André-Frank all the best for the coming season.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/july/26/anguissa-departs

Number Six

So last season was truly a waste of time! Has anything good come out of it?

mcbride5912

Can understand the loan (although he wouldve been great in the championship) but saddened to see the option to buy. I believe he can become a very good midfielder.  :023:

junior white

Most teams go for the option to buy these days, if there is no option we should always put a recall clause in or that's my view

filham

Well I am glad to see it sorted but just can't understand why another loan deal, surely we need money to buy a good replacement.
Perhaps we are relying on Spurs money for Sess. which now needs sorting quickly.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on July 26, 2019, 07:32:02 PM
Well I am glad to see it sorted but just can't understand why another loan deal, surely we need money to buy a good replacement.
Perhaps we are relying on Spurs money for Sess. which now needs sorting quickly.

Financial fair play means that we retain him from an asset perspective and don't sell for a loss, and the loan fee we get probably covers the depreciation in his book value so it gives us some more wiggle room for a replacement

grandad

Really wanted to see what he could do for us this season. However , no point keeping a player who wants away.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Chesh

Really not bothered by this - like Seri, if he'd really wanted to help get us out of the place that he didn't have the quality last season to stop us ending up in, then he would have stated an intention to stay and do so.

He obviously feels the Championship is below him, but quite frankly, from what I saw  last season (most of his minutes on the pitch) it would probably have eaten him up more than the Premier League did.

Sometimes it better to admit we were wrong, and get in players that are more willing to do a job to get us back again.

Some people are up in arms, and they're entitled to that opinion, but I think a lot of it is down to him being 'worth' £30m and not being with us, rather then his supposed qualities.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

hovewhite

If he wanted to go,makes sense to get him out of the club.

millsy

Don't know what the fuss is about, nor why people seem so sure that he would have taken the Championship by storm. Nothing we've seen of him to date suggests this.

I do, however, agree that his going leaves us with limited midfield options, so, as others have said, I sincerely hope we have others lined up to supplement our first team squad.

They've said all along that the departures would need to be sorted so that we can take stock of what we have to spend, both on wages and fees. If Sess is imminent, we should know over the next week or so if the club have been planning quietly in the background, rather than now going into last minute panic mode, which surely can't be the case .... can it?     

Nero

If he could pass a ball I might be bothered,

junior white

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 26, 2019, 07:34:17 PM
Quote from: filham on July 26, 2019, 07:32:02 PM

Financial fair play means that we retain him from an asset perspective and don't sell for a loss, and the loan fee we get probably covers the depreciation in his book value so it gives us some more wiggle room for a replacement
I guess that assumes we are not paying any of his salary, we didn't have a goodtrack record where that is concerned

Art Vandelay

Oh rubbish, I was looking forward to seeing him in the championship. I guess we need a replacement or two now.

FFC1987

Thoroughly unimpressed with TK now. Can see a massive backward swing to this with no control in middle of the park with a lacklustre backline conceding under relative pressure. Yes, the front 4 are outstanding, but the back 7 are severely lacking. Without proper reinforcements, this season will be a massive struggle.

Lighthouse

This changes absolutely nothing. We always needed a central midfielder and a couple of defenders.  Anguissa turned up occasionally in the last 10 games when all was lost anyway. He was hardly going to make a difference to us. Not sure what fans thought they saw in him in those final games. But I don't think it was enough for any of us to mourn his passing. A wage bill off the books. Good luck to him but no thanks from me for his appalling lack of quality last season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2019, 08:28:33 PM
This changes absolutely nothing. W

It weakens our squad. Fact.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 26, 2019, 08:32:03 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2019, 08:28:33 PM
This changes absolutely nothing. W

It weakens our squad. Fact.

I don't think it does. A player who wasn't very good and who showed little quality is gone. I don't see a problem with his him going. We will probably bring in more players hopefully but that would have happened with or without him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

Was never going to stick around.  His red card at Old Trafford must be the softest of the season.

Pluto

Only disappointing thing about this is that it isn't a permanent deal.

bill taylors apprentice