Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 26, 2019, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 26, 2019, 08:32:03 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2019, 08:28:33 PM
This changes absolutely nothing. W

It weakens our squad. Fact.

Ludicrous comment!

Hmm, elaborate? We've now got a central 3 of StefJo, KMac and Cairney and have lost Chamber, Seri and Anguissa. That's a significant downgrade.

Huxley

You gotta love Joe Bryan... "Mate I'm a left back not mystic Meg" reply on is official Twitter account to a Fulham supporter who questioned hin when he spoke to Bryan at 5:30pm today saying he was expecting him back from Afcon.

Fulham76

I really don't understand those of us disappointed by this guy departing. Personally, from what I've seen, I think he's the biggest flop we've ever bought.

Mince n Tatties

Wonder if Calum Chambers is coming back?😊

Sgt Fulham

A coward like Seri. I wouldn't care if I never heard of either again.

BernieBoy

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 26, 2019, 09:23:11 PM
I really don't understand those of us disappointed by this guy departing. Personally, from what I've seen, I think he's the biggest flop we've ever bought.

Think the main disappointment is from a head count perspective and in the championship he'd have probably been a good option.

If they replace him with someone like Besic then it's not a huge problem.

Andy S

If players don't want to play for us I'm happy to see them go. They were only ever here for the money it gave them

MikeCdawg

Gutted about this. Good player and a replacement is needed

Woolly Mammoth

Agreed
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Sod him. Another overrated mercenary who came here for the big money, had nowhere near the talent to succeed immediately, nor, it seems, the character to stay and try to improve.

The same goes for Seri, and the pair of them will now go down not only as the worst signings in our history, but among the worst in all football history.

At least now the scintilla of mitigation and defence TK had--the idea that his team of failures might come good in the Championship then succeed in the PL given a second attempt--has evaporated, and last season can be recognised as an unmitigated disaster, from which we gained nothing of use despite spunking an eye-popping £100m up the wall.

So here we are again, in a window it seemed nigh on impossible to f*** up given how little there was to do, a week before the first match with pre-season all but finished, and we still don't even know who'll make up the spine of our team next year.

I look forward to next week, when TK will no doubt announce on Instagram at 11pm that we've signed another "world class talent" with a "tremendous data profile" and "sterling reputation" (yes, he really did say all that about Anguissa) who we can then watch spend a year struggling to get to grips with English football, then flog to Girona or Besiktas if/when he finally looks, just for a moment, like he might come good.

And knowing TK, it will probably just be another bloody winger anyway. 

051 051 051

deadcowboys

Where have you been for the last 50 odd years? We've signed plenty worse than him. The fee is really just a sign of the times.

Woolly Mammoth

The club possibly felt they had to get him off the wage bill. maybe they thought he was an unnecessary expense. I suspect they may already have his replacement earmarked.
Maybe if they are going to have to sell Sess to Tottenham, then part of the deal is that they will bring the two players named as part exchange. As well as money to finance another decent CB.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HobGoblin

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 26, 2019, 09:30:55 PM
A coward like Seri. I wouldn't care if I never heard of either again.

This. A couple of bottlers, no balls for a fight, fit the stereotype of the French that everyone ribs them for from the war.

Camel Club

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2019, 09:58:33 PM
The club possibly felt they had to get him off the wage bill. maybe they thought he was an unnecessary expense. I suspect they may already have his replacement earmarked.
Maybe if they are going to have to sell Sess to Tottenham, then part of the deal is that they will bring the two players named as part exchange. As well as money to finance another decent CB.

I think you're almost certainly right. With less than 2 weeks to go before the window closes it would be inconceivable for us to have let him go out on loan unless everything else we so obviously need is pretty much in place. I would hope for a couple of big signings to be announced by the middle of next week.

Penfold

A player that I kept reading was going nowhere. Massive disappointment. Can't understand the disappointment of many. Surely we can recruit a capable replacement. Oh, hang on......

MJG

More comments with no basis in fact about how an individual actually feels or even if it was his decision.
Just the views of a long term fan

We Are Premier League

Anyone fancy Andy King?

FFC1987

Something that doesn't stack up for me is using Anguissa in the opening of the shirts. Either something changed since that or we were keeping him. Either way, very disappointing. No.1 priority now is a DM and CM.

The Rock

Not like he was going to play anyway. We have better.

Number Six

Let's get Chambers back for chrissake