watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vs WHU pre season

Started by Syd Cupp, July 27, 2019, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Every Result matters whether it's 1 0 or 5 0. But also the performance matters just as much, It helps moral if you can get a result. There are defeats and bad defeats, sometimes there are glorious defeats.
Bristol City has a bad defeat, and got turned over by a rampant Crystal Palace. I am sure they won't shrug it off and say it's only a friendly it doesn't matter. Because it did matter to both teams, but in different ways.
As for Fulham, it was a defeat, I know what hurt most Mawsons injury or the defeat, yes of course it was Mawsons injury.
However, we had an opportunity today to measure ourselves against a Premier Division team, and despite some fearing we may get a grilling before the match, I thought we eventually made a game of it. But to show a friendly is not meaningless, the manager and coaching staff learnt a little more about the players and the team today, and maybe just maybe brought some over the top optimistic supporters down to Earth. Lots of work to be done, and a big challenge lays ahead, even more so if the injury list increases. So let's hope we are in capable hands via the recruitment unit, and I expect them to pull out all the stops in the next ten days if they are as capable as some on here would lead us to believe, then we are in good hands
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 27, 2019, 06:09:52 PM
Quote from: ealex40 on July 27, 2019, 06:04:56 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 27, 2019, 05:34:11 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 27, 2019, 05:30:25 PM
Stefjo says he'll be ok for next week

That's something at least. Thank goodness

Good news.
At least this may reduce the doom and gloom messages on here and one less new signing required.

The injuries don't really change the signings we need to make like say Mitrovic or Cairney snapping their ankle like Shawcross did today would do. We needed to sign a right-sided Centre- Back and a Centre-Mid to compete with Johansen regardless. It just means the urgency to sign them has increased.

And they have to actually be starters not just challenging
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Bill2 on July 27, 2019, 06:01:05 PM
Was at the game and we greatly improved in the second half. The new boys showed some promise and pace. AK when he came on was very good and put pressure on West Ham. Odoi looked better at CH than right back but we do need at least 3 new players.
MLM had a stinker in the first half but improved in second with good covering.

Was also at the game and totally agree with Bill. The surprise package for the season will be Kamara, came on and livened things up and took the game to WH.

After watching this game I do not think we are going to cruise the Championship as the so called experts predict!

LittleErn

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 27, 2019, 06:14:39 PM
Every Result matters whether it's 1 0 or 5 0. But also the performance matters just as much, It helps moral if you can get a result. There are defeats and bad defeats, sometimes there are glorious defeats.
Bristol City has a bad defeat, and got turned over by a rampant Crystal Palace. I am sure they won't shrug it off and say it's only a friendly it doesn't matter. Because it did matter to both teams, but in different ways.
As for Fulham, it was a defeat, I know what hurt most Mawsons injury or the defeat, yes of course it was Mawsons injury.
However, we had an opportunity today to measure ourselves against a Premier Division team, and despite some fearing we may get a grilling before the match, I thought we eventually made a game of it. But to show a friendly is not meaningless, the manager and coaching staff learnt a little more about the players and the team today, and maybe just maybe brought some over the top optimistic supporters down to Earth. Lots of work to be done, and a big challenge lays ahead, even more so if the injury list increases. So let's hope we are in capable hands via the recruitment unit, and I expect them to pull out all the stops in the next ten days if they are as capable as some on here would lead us to believe, then we are in good hands

+1

GJB

All of this talk about Johansen, McDonald and Cairney being too slow for the championship, or not good enough 2 years down the line from our promotion season, is there any proof of this, or is it purely pre-season nerves? Was I part of a small percentage who thought they all had strong games against premiership sides in the form of Brighton and West ham?

SP

I thought AK47 looked good when he came on.

GJB

Quote from: SP on July 27, 2019, 08:02:26 PM
I thought AK47 looked good when he came on.

Agreed - he made a big impact in both the brighton and west ham game - if premier league defenders struggle with his pace and power, then championship teams will find it even harder. Cairney and AK linked up really nicely when he came on today.

AK looks to be in great form - Parker may have a tricky decision to make about whether to start AK or Knockaert against Barnsley

flyingfish

Highlights on west hams official site. Different camera angles to get used to!

Nero

Quote from: flyingfish on July 27, 2019, 08:27:46 PM
Highlights on west hams official site. Different camera angles to get used to!

why cant our centreback launch it 30 yards up the pitch instead of passing to the other teams forwards

Mince n Tatties

Tooting n Mitcham my second love,6 out of 6 in pre season...Terrors 3 Reading 2......Get on for the title.
:yay: :yay: :yay:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 27, 2019, 05:43:58 PM
Quote from: Fulhammy on July 27, 2019, 04:05:52 PM
Quote from: keithh on July 27, 2019, 04:05:09 PM
Mawson down with right knee problem?
Sounds bad. Last thing we needed.
What did i bleeping say. The team cant rely on Mawson staying healthy... Plus hes slow.

19 first team players to start the season was always going to be too few... Yet people were ready to move on both Anguissa and Sess.

Oh well... We'll see who TK brings in.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

I agree, i can understand those that rate KMac, Stefjo and Cairney above other midfielders for a single game, but i cannot understand those that wanted to get rid of Anguissa and Seri. If Fulham Fans want to be the ManCity of the championship, it seems stupid to worry that Cairney and Seri cannot be on the field at the same time, 2000 minutes each and we would be devasting. Besides, in 17/18 we virtually undefeated with Cairney on the field, but our results without him were so bad we came third. We dropped 10 points against the bottom five teams in 17/18. The last few seasons our depth has been terrible.

Frankly, both KMac and Cairney are not able to play 270 quality minutes in 8 days anymore they need support and Fulham will have to do that 10 times next season. I would have preferred to keep what we have and struggled with our weak backline, although selling Sess would might be good if we can rent five to eight loan players with the money.

Woolly Mammoth

Apart from the rules on loan players, why would anyone in their right mind want to loan 8 to 10 loan players for all the obvious reasons that come to mind. I cannot comprehend, this is not fantasy football played on a computer.  Bizarre.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

I Ronic

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 27, 2019, 07:23:55 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on July 27, 2019, 06:01:05 PM
Was at the game and we greatly improved in the second half. The new boys showed some promise and pace. AK when he came on was very good and put pressure on West Ham. Odoi looked better at CH than right back but we do need at least 3 new players.
MLM had a stinker in the first half but improved in second with good covering.

Was also at the game and totally agree with Bill. The surprise package for the season will be Kamara, came on and livened things up and took the game to WH.

After watching this game I do not think we are going to cruise the Championship as the so called experts predict!

I wonder if AK could play alongside Mitro, the way Dembele did with McCormack?

filham

Well AK seems to have played well, we had Mitro , Knockhaert and Cavaliero in attack with Cairney behind them but we failed to score. Sounds as though Parker has some work to do in attack as well as defence.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: GJB on July 27, 2019, 07:51:34 PM
All of this talk about Johansen, McDonald and Cairney being too slow for the championship, or not good enough 2 years down the line from our promotion season, is there any proof of this, or is it purely pre-season nerves? Was I part of a small percentage who thought they all had strong games against premiership sides in the form of Brighton and West ham?

I'll let you know.   Going to grab my coffee then watch entire match.   It's up on FulhamfcTV.

I'm not sold on MacDonald...but maybe you're right.   Maybe he can put in a shift at championship level.

I know for a fact thought that for a #6 he's as slow as molasses.

Matt10

Watched the full 90. Didn't see anything too alarming other than LeMarchand's distribution in the first half. Cairney, Stefjo and KMac looked solid, especially in the second half when StefJo was able to get his foot on the ball more often. Cavaleiro is  one heck of a signing for us and stands out incredibly well.

I still think we're isolating Mitro too often, but he's holding his own against some pretty big bodies.

We zipped the ball around nicely. Do not agree at all with the comment of McDonald being slow. He knows his game, and knows that it's about being able to read the game in advance. Just like any good defensive midfielder, he broke up plays when needed, and he linked up Stefjo or TC.

Can't wait for next weekend.