more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loan loan loan

Started by Rodshig, July 28, 2019, 01:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodshig

The players that come in are on loans.

Players that leave are also on loan deals.

Getting pissed with this transfer model from tony kahn. Lets say we do get promoted, there will be no continuity again in the premiership.

Sigh

jayffc

We have options to buy on both players. If we get promoted, well be able to afford them, or buy someone else instead if they turn out to not be good enough.

Makes perfect business sense.

Sting of the North

Would you care to elaborate why a loan with an option to buy is in any way worse for us at this point than a permanent transfer?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 28, 2019, 02:26:00 AM
Would you care to elaborate why a loan with an option to buy is in any way worse for us at this point than a permanent transfer?

A "loan with a buy option" means everyone at the club gets a good look at the player, before we buy him, which is worse for anyone wanting to "scapegoat Tony Khan" for buying the wrong players, as fans will only be able to blame Tony Khan for loaning the wrong players, but the approval of other staff and supporters will be obvious for players we buy.

Woolly Mammoth

Bringing in so many loan players cannot be good for morale due to the uncertainty of their future, so the team spirit will not be as good as it should because of some players may only be temporary or won't be around next year. All the ingredients of a lack of success and a lack of togetherness on the field of play. Which cannot be good for the long term let alone the short term.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Another feckin loan Harry(brother in law) Arter on his way in.
Get the chequebook out and buy a feckin decent centre back.🙅

Woolly Mammoth

and so say all of us. and so say all of us. For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, and so say all of us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2019, 04:40:58 AM
Another feckin loan Harry(brother in law) Arter on his way in.
Get the chequebook out and buy a feckin decent centre back.🙅

It was obvious we needed new defenders since last October ad he still does not get one in! Doh!  :031:

092.gif 

MikeW

But Bog, an awful lot of correspondents on this board seem perfectly happy with what we have.  Personally, I'm with you all the way but as ever, we've left it too late.  I would get Chambers back as a DM, Hector in from Chelsea and depending on the Mawson news, we may need another.  Has anyone ever tried Christie as a CB? He's got the build.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

the nutflush

One word... no three letters...FFP.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MikeW on July 28, 2019, 07:55:45 AM
But Bog, an awful lot of correspondents on this board seem perfectly happy with what we have.  Personally, I'm with you all the way but as ever, we've left it too late.  I would get Chambers back as a DM, Hector in from Chelsea and depending on the Mawson news, we may need another.  Has anyone ever tried Christie as a CB? He's got the build.

Statistical Christie best game last season (he played there only once) was at centre back, amazingly he he averaged 7.43 on whoscored 3rd of 108 in the premier league just behind Van Djik. Of course, that one game is largely a fluke and observers didn't think he played that well, but the real benefit statistical of Christie at Central Back is you may free Odoi up for right back. Worth a try surely.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Excuse me asking but I have not seen anything about Harry Arter coming since June.
Which gossip columns don't I read?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 28, 2019, 09:20:04 AM
Excuse me asking but I have not seen anything about Harry Arter coming since June.

The wrong ones by the look of it Stoneleigh😋

Robbie

Everyone at our level Loans - only way to Try Before Buy, and reduce risks of financial distress.

Frankly if you want a Buy Only policy your ticket price would probably have to go up 50%.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Point fairly taken!  Obviously reared it's head again without me noticing.

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2019, 09:24:09 AM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 28, 2019, 09:20:04 AM

The wrong ones by the look of it Stoneleigh😋

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9599322/fulham-parker-brother-in-law-arter-loan/

Rodshig

It is just disturbing to know that out so called "best" players seri/ anguissa are out on loan. Should have juz sold them if they no longer wanna play for us.

Our first choice wingers are both on loan deals as well. Makes no sense to me. A couple of loans do work well to help with squad depth/ rotation but to build a a team around them is just ....

Mince n Tatties

The point with loans its what is the attitude you get with them.
As in Mitros case we got an individual who gave all for the cause.
Then you get someone like Garbutt who thought little old Fulham was below him and he should have been a regular for Everton...(Where is he now?)

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2019, 09:55:02 AM
The point with loans its what is the attitude you get with them.
As in Mitros case we got an individual who gave all for the cause.
Then you get someone like Garbutt who thought little old Fulham was below him and he should have been a regular for Everton...(Where is he now?)

and also, if parker is a flop the next manager may have a different way of playing and we havent got expensive player on long contracts on the books

OldBrownShoe

in spite of our weaknesses in defence, by all accounts we continue to chase wide players. True or not, we need defenders, especially commanding central defenders. Come on TK, CP, and Talbot and son surely you can see what most of us can. 
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again