https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Fort William FC

Started by sunburywhite, July 28, 2019, 10:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

You have to love stories like this

When we are having a bad day on the pitch just think about Fort William FC

For a long time FWFC have been bad, really bad. Serial losers. They have finished bottom of the Highland League (the fifth tier of Scottish football) for 14 of the past 20 years. The team has not won a match for a very long time, something that has helped them achieve cult status across social media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49082796
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Woolly Mammoth

That's what happens when you insist on wearing a kilt to play football.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

res

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 28, 2019, 10:58:47 AM

For a long time FWFC have been bad, really bad. Serial losers. They have finished bottom of the Highland League (the fifth tier of Scottish football) for 14 of the past 20 years. The team has not won a match for a very long time, something that has helped them achieve cult status across social media.

They've started this season relatively well, losing their first game by only 6-0 compared with the average goals conceded per game last year of 7. And we think we've got defensive problems.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: res on July 28, 2019, 03:38:38 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on July 28, 2019, 10:58:47 AM

They've started this season relatively well, losing their first game by only 6-0 compared with the average goals conceded per game last year of 7. And we think we've got defensive problems.

Perhaps we can recruit their back 4.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Fort William's ground nestles beneath Ben Nevis and is well worth visiting if you are on holiday up there.   As for their current cult status it is interesting to note that there are rumours of a film (not documentary) being written and made based on their story.

Logicalman

Quote from: toshes mate on July 28, 2019, 03:50:06 PM
Fort William's ground nestles beneath Ben Nevis and is well worth visiting if you are on holiday up there.   As for their current cult status it is interesting to note that there are rumours of a film (not documentary) being written and made based on their story.

Sounds like one of those US disaster movies - but without a happy ending!!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

sunburywhite

They should never have let Gregorys girl leave
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fernhurst

Worked in Fort William a few times.
Only place in the UK I have witnessed continuous horizontal rain.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.