News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham and Leeds top tipped for promotion (BBC)

Started by Nick Bateman, July 29, 2019, 04:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

A poll suggests Fulham and Leeds were the most selected by fans for automatic promotion. Most should concur with that provided Fulham sort out their goalkeeper debacle and one would hope they see Joe Hart as the best available and experienced 'keeper out there.

Why are the board prevaricating again? This has all the hallmarks of the dithering under Ali Mack many moons ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49102714
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Woolly Mammoth

Which Poll was that, Graham Poll, a Telegraph Pole.
If only it was as easy as that, we need to see the incoming door swinging like a rusty gate, I just hope the Cavalry are coming over the horizon if we are to prove that Poll correct. A week in football can be a long time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Why don't you marry joe hart? You seem to love him that much.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Twig

Oh no, it's another Joe Hart & Nick B love fest post. How sad.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2019, 06:11:27 PM
If only it was as easy as that, we need to see the incoming door swinging like a rusty gate, I just hope the Cavalry are coming over the horizon if we are to prove that Poll correct. A week in football can be a long time.

I really hope these "polls" prove to be correct.  I just don't see it being that easy with such a leaky defense.  I hope I'm proven wrong.  I see this campaign as being very challenging for the Cottagers, new coach, some new players, same old leaky defense.

COYW!!

JoelH5

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 29, 2019, 04:14:25 PM
A poll suggests Fulham and Leeds were the most selected by fans for automatic promotion. Most should concur with that provided Fulham sort out their goalkeeper debacle and one would hope they see Joe Hart as the best available and experienced 'keeper out there.

Why are the board prevaricating again? This has all the hallmarks of the dithering under Ali Mack many moons ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49102714

You're boring with your Joe Hart crap mate. Not funny. Anyway, Betts is a better keeper.

If you want to try and have 'a thing', at least make it about the defence!!!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on July 29, 2019, 06:23:17 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2019, 06:11:27 PM

I really hope these "polls" prove to be correct.  I just don't see it being that easy with such a leaky defense.  I hope I'm proven wrong.  I see this campaign as being very challenging for the Cottagers, new coach, some new players, same old leaky defense.

COYW!!

The campaign will most certainly be challenging, and we are paper thin in defence, key positions need key players.
It could turn out to be a busy ten days, my worry is, if we do sign players, are they going to be good enough. Panic buying which appears to becoming a habit Is costing Fulham a small fortune, and where has it got us. If issues are not addressed properly, it could be a long hard season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Poor old Betts. Least of our problems currently. I liked his save to the bottom left against WH where he pushed it out for a corner because their striker was coming in for the follow up.

Andy S

I thought Betts was a problem a few seasons back but he has grown. He isn't a problem anymore. We only have a desperate problem because Mawson is injured. It would be nice to sign a defender as cover but not essential unless we are about to lose Mawson