watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Queens Park Rangers, it pains me to say this ....but

Started by Riversider, July 30, 2019, 01:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I really fancy them to be a dark horse this season , not to be challenging the top 2 , but to certainly putting up a bit of a fight for 6th,
Think they will give a few more fancied teams a bloody nose this season,
Think Mark Warburton has done a brilliant job for them they've negotiated/brought in 13 or 14 players now with no long drawn out negotiations,  our set up would never be able to deal with so many in the same space of time,
Disturbingly one player in particular,  Luke Amos, has been getting rave reviews during pre-season,  I say disturbingly that's only because they've picked him up on loan from Tottenham Hotspur,  if he ends up having a stellar season for QPR questions would have to be asked of Wells and Parker as to how we managed to miss out on him,
Anyway, there's a long way to go and all the bookies and the experts have got them fighting relegation,  but I'm bucking the trend and calling them dark horses,
So who are your dark horses for season 2019/2020 ?

Mince n Tatties

Nottingham Forest,been in the doldrums too long,made some good signings, I think they could easily be the surprise packet this season.

Skatzoffc

Warburton is a solid coach imo.

I would say a safe mid table finish after a good start.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MikeTheCubed

They've signed Hugill on loan as well who I'd have been content with as a replacement for Mitro had he departed. That said all of their signings are free transfers, loans and nominal fees while arguably their best player in Freeman has been sold, and you'd expect such a large number of signings to take a significant length of time to gel. Can see them flirting with the relegation zone to begin with but eventually rising up to a stable mid table finish.

Jim©

Speaking to a QPR fan last night, he was pretty certain that they'd struggle badly this season, badly. Fans there aren't happy and reckon the owners have stopped spending a penny.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Jim© on July 30, 2019, 10:23:27 AM
Speaking to a QPR fan last night, he was pretty certain that they'd struggle badly this season, badly. Fans there aren't happy and reckon the owners have stopped spending a penny.
:005:

Riversider

Take 5 minutes to have a browse through Loft For Words and We Are The Rangers Boys, I would describe their support as optimistic bordering on ecstatic with how the summer has gone for them.

mrmicawbers

Andy S

The championship takes no prisoners there is no comfortable mid table.you are either fighting for a top 6 place or you are fighting against relegation. Right up to the last half a dozen games

filham

How many pennies have we spent, as yet, this summer.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 30, 2019, 07:59:18 AM
Warburton is a solid coach imo.

I would say a safe mid table finish after a good start.

I so hope you are totally wrong ... that they start badly    .. and get worse.

Jim©

Quote from: Riversider on July 30, 2019, 10:37:40 AM

Take 5 minutes to have a browse through Loft For Words and We Are The Rangers Boys, I would describe their support as optimistic bordering on ecstatic with how the summer has gone for them.

Just had a look through and can't see much. This guy is proper QPR, says it's in a laughable state (he also came to Carlisle for that game).
BTW those season previews on Loft for Words are excellent.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Jim© on July 30, 2019, 02:50:10 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 30, 2019, 10:37:40 AM

Just had a look through and can't see much. This guy is proper QPR, says it's in a laughable state (he also came to Carlisle for that game).
I pop on there now and again to cheer myself up,they have been on a downer for years.They are a little more chirpy in the last week as they have signed some players who could possibly make an impact.Most hoping for a 21st position. As forums go it is extremely good.

Statto

Indeed. They've got the bit about our last season spot on...

"...perhaps, if they'd believed all that guff themselves and kept faith with the team that got them there, they might have been alright. Instead, they closely studied Queens Park Rangers' brutal assault on the Premier League under Tony Fernandes years 2011-2014 and concluded: "this guy's making all the right moves". That gorgeous little promoted team was torn up. All the players arrived. All of them. Each more expensive than the last. None of them in a position that needed filling, nor with any idea how they all might fit together in a team. Alfie Mawson for £20m. Andre Anguissa for £23m. Jean Serri for £25m. When it was all clearly going very badly wrong, they doubled down. When you're signing Ryan Babel in January, it's time for the old Championship Manager hard reset. Where was a close friend when Fulham so desperately needed an intervention? They were relegated. Easily. With loads to spare. Proving, once more, the old Chinese proverb: great pain awaits fool who attempts Premier League football with Dennis Odoi at centre half."

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on July 30, 2019, 06:57:33 PM

Indeed. They've got the bit about our last season spot on...

"...perhaps, if they'd believed all that guff themselves and kept faith with the team that got them there, they might have been alright. Instead, they closely studied Queens Park Rangers' brutal assault on the Premier League under Tony Fernandes years 2011-2014 and concluded: "this guy's making all the right moves". That gorgeous little promoted team was torn up. All the players arrived. All of them. Each more expensive than the last. None of them in a position that needed filling, nor with any idea how they all might fit together in a team. Alfie Mawson for £20m. Andre Anguissa for £23m. Jean Serri for £25m. When it was all clearly going very badly wrong, they doubled down. When you're signing Ryan Babel in January, it's time for the old Championship Manager hard reset. Where was a close friend when Fulham so desperately needed an intervention? They were relegated. Easily. With loads to spare. Proving, once more, the old Chinese proverb: great pain awaits fool who attempts Premier League football with Dennis Odoi at centre half."

Droll, it cannot be denied. But not spot on. It can't be. Whoever penned that ends by contradicting everything he has written with his remark about Odoi. 

While not necessarily matching the dry wit of the above, we can all write something similar with the benefit of hindsight.

The Swan

Any team managed by Warburton will always play well and give every team a hard game.
The Swan