more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At long last something that we can all agree on 👊🏻

Started by Riversider, July 30, 2019, 05:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Riversider on July 30, 2019, 05:15:26 PM
This summer transfer window has been a complete and utter shambles,  a real dogs dinner !
A couple of days away from August, only two players in and no defenders added, regardless of what happens between now and the window closes we are going to be using August and September to try and bed players in and get the squad to gel.
Unless changes are made at the top nothing is ever going to change , we will always be scrambling around for scraps on the final day,

I think you may need therapy. Please seek help.

Otherwise stop giving FFC your money. If you're serious about change, be serious about change.

Lighthouse

I can't agree that the transfer window has been a shambles. We have already brought in two talented and experienced in the league wide players. We have rid ourselves of the awful posers and big wage earners who did little or nothing for us last season.  Now we need to strengthen a few positions in midfield and at the back. 

But every season we have the same old rhetoric of why haven't we bought players early and why do we leave things to the last minute? Now we have the added bonus of having a fall guy in the shape of TK.

Oddly enough football doesn't work out like that. I mean the players last season that came in late were not failures because they arrived late. They just didn't perform. I tend to question the players as well as the man who bought them.

Still we have over a week of this self flagellation and attacking the billionaire owner and his family. Then we can all settle down and moan about the players. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 30, 2019, 07:32:20 PM
I mean the players last season that came in late were not failures because they arrived late.

Your opinion, not mine.
Whilst I don't think they were all world beaters, nor worth £100m, I'm still of the opinion that with a proper pre-season and one manager, that team could certainly have stayed up.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Riversider on July 30, 2019, 05:15:26 PM
This summer transfer window has been a complete and utter shambles,  a real dogs dinner !
A couple of days away from August, only two players in and no defenders added, regardless of what happens between now and the window closes we are going to be using August and September to try and bed players in and get the squad to gel.
Unless changes are made at the top nothing is ever going to change , we will always be scrambling around for scraps on the final day,

We've kept hold of 2 of the best CMs and STs in the league in Cairney and Mitrovic. Mawson and Bryan also top players, even with the injuries.

We've signed 2 of the best wingers in recent championship years. We are not in need of an overhaul like last year. We need another 3 players, maybe 4. Most players we've been linked with have Championship experience, and should settle quicker than the likes of Anguissa, Vietto etc.

Slagging him of for a failed window before it's even over shows how you just want to have a dig at TK because of the few signings we've made. You've forgotten of the quality of the business done so far.

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 30, 2019, 07:49:22 PM
We need another 3 players, maybe 4. Most players we've been linked with have Championship experience, and should settle quicker than the likes of Anguissa, Vietto etc.

Slagging him of for a failed window before it's even over shows how you just want to have a dig at TK because of the few signings we've made.

Fair point. Technically it's possible we'll sign 4 players tomorrow and with just two days' training, they'll be fit and settled when the season starts on Saturday.   

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on July 30, 2019, 08:51:45 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 30, 2019, 07:49:22 PM
We need another 3 players, maybe 4. Most players we've been linked with have Championship experience, and should settle quicker than the likes of Anguissa, Vietto etc.

Slagging him of for a failed window before it's even over shows how you just want to have a dig at TK because of the few signings we've made.

Fair point. Technically it's possible we'll sign 4 players tomorrow and with just two days' training, they'll be fit and settled when the season starts on Saturday.   

We've got enough already to get through 1 game.

FulhamStu

Totally disagree that it's been a shambles.

The strategy looks to mr to have been keep as many playersmthat got us promoted as possible. Plus we have retained other bought in for the premier league.

We have added 2 excellent forwards. 

How is that a shambles ?    Yes, in the perfect world we need more depth in MF and ideally an upgrade at CH and right back, however to bring players in better than we have and not break FFP is not easy.  The player needs to want to come, agents, money etc etc.

It's not perfect but it's certainly not a disaster.

GJB

Bryan was heavily linked to Newcastle before Benitez left. Johansen could easily have decided to not come back after spending half of last season at WBA. Cairney renewed his contract. Mitro renewed his contract. AK came back and has been a key performer in pre-season. We've added Caveleiro and Knockaert who are proven championship quality.

I think retaining some of these players is as key as signing new one's ... if these had all gone, imagine the position we'd be in! Fulham have done well to keep them for next season.

IMO we have a strong enough team for the first two or three weeks that should be able to get results against the opposition, e.g. barnsley and blackburn. This is why I'm not overly fussed if it takes us longer to find the correct RCB//RB/central midfielder that fits our system and is good quality. They should then be ready for our third/fourth match even if signed right at the end of the window.

If we don't make transfers in any of these positions before the window closes, my view of how this transfer window has gone will probably change, but let's not write off the transfer team before the end of the window - remember at what point in the window Mitro got confirmed, anything can still happen.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: GJB on July 30, 2019, 10:22:48 PM
Bryan was heavily linked to Newcastle before Benitez left. Johansen could easily have decided to not come back after spending half of last season at WBA. Cairney renewed his contract. Mitro renewed his contract. AK came back and has been a key performer in pre-season. We've added Caveleiro and Knockaert who are proven championship quality.

I think retaining some of these players is as key as signing new one's ... if these had all gone, imagine the position we'd be in! Fulham have done well to keep them for next season.

IMO we have a strong enough team for the first two or three weeks that should be able to get results against the opposition, e.g. barnsley and blackburn. This is why I'm not overly fussed if it takes us longer to find the correct RCB//RB/central midfielder that fits our system and is good quality. They should then be ready for our third/fourth match even if signed right at the end of the window.

If we don't make transfers in any of these positions before the window closes, my view of how this transfer window has gone will probably change, but let's not write off the transfer team before the end of the window - remember at what point in the window Mitro got confirmed, anything can still happen.

Correct. Goes back to Jokanovic's biggest failure IMO. He chucked all the new boys in at once, whilst he should've stuck with the promoted side as much as possible, and slowly integrate the new signings.

Woolly Mammoth

I am trying to be patient and wait to see what takes place by the end of the transfer window. I have no faith in the owners son doing what is right, and his ability to negotiate for or identify what is a good player for Fulham. But he might just stumble on players by accident rather than by any other means. So currently we look top half maybe, but in the absence of any reinforcements, we look paper thin at the back, and any injuries to key players and we look sunk. Historically there is a pattern of disappointment at times like this. Nevertheless, if Sess is sold then that could trigger a domino effect which could orchestrate some incomings that we need, but they have to be better than what we have. So it could go one way or another depending on the next 8 days. Could be a busy active week, nevertheless, I agree at the moment with the OP on many of his comments, because he has a point.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: jayffc on July 30, 2019, 06:34:05 PM
Reaffirm the sentiment that I've seen next to nobody claim this season will be a breeze.

Not really trying to raise up a sh!tstorm here, but there have been such sentiments, and even an entire thread devoted to how there was no way FFC would not gain promotion this season. 

Obviously, we all hope for a pleasantly surprising Champ season and promotion, but I see a challenging campaign and struggle just to stay mid table.  (Hope I'm dead wrong, of course.)