watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wigan game changed.

Started by sarnian, July 31, 2019, 12:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Why did the club not let us know weeks ago that their was a potential clash with Chelsea. Some of us have booked flights that we now have to change at extra cost. Very poor customer relations.

ScalleysDad

Is the change confirmed? The Beeb website still shows Saturday and the FFC app thingy on my phone only has four stories on it. We have Reading on the following Tuesday, I hope we don't have a domino effect.

junior white

Says 3pm on the Saturday on the offal, but they were probably waiting for all the sky and BT games to be announced. EPL tackles precedence over championship I believe so hardly the clubs fault if they are waiting for info.

If that's not the case could be they were waiting for the league to sign of the new date / time as they are required to do, also has to be agreed by Wigan i think

sarnian

It's on the official Fulham site and changed to Friday night

junior white

Having just read the clubs news release it clearly states could not announce sooner due to TV games having not been selected, so not the clubs fault at all in my eyes.

Has happened to me numerous times, yes it's annoying but it isn't always the clubs fault such as in this case

Southcoastffc

According to the club announcement "The Club was unable to announce this change earlier, as television picks for that period had not selected."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

sarnian

They could have pre warned sooner as they must have known about the Chelsea clash once the premier league fixtures were announced. Both teams are never normally selected to play the same day.  The tv championship games were also released some time ago for the end of September.

junior white

Then they would have to do that for every fixture as we could be moved for TV ourselves or for Chelsea, that just isn't logistically possible. Also when the fixtures are announced it alwatys caveats with fixtures could be changed due to TV or other clashes.

Yes it is annoying, and as I say has happened to me, but to blame the club is wrong as it is (95% of the time) not always their fault

sarnian

Quote from: junior white on July 31, 2019, 02:11:48 PM
Cohen they would have to do that for every fixture as we could be moved for TV ourselves or for Chelsea, that just isn't logistically possible. Also when the fixtures are announced it alwatys caveats with fixtures could be changed due to TV or other clashes.

Yes it is annoying, and as I say has happened to me, but to blame the club is wrong as it is (95% of the time) not always their fault

I think you are missing the point. I do not dispute that games get moved for TV or for Chelsea progressing in Europe meaning a midweek game needs to be moved.

For years Fulham and Chelsea have never been scheduled to play at home on the same day. Suddenly out of the blue they have both been scheduled to play at home on 28 September. Both clubs must have been made aware of this clash since the fixtures were arranged in JUNE. TV games were arranged a few weeks ago for championship games at the end of September and that is when I booked my flights.

The club must have known then that their was still a possibility of change if Chelsea were not selected for TV. A bit of advance warning would not have been amiss.

I bet nobody on this board honestly knew that both teams were originally selected to play on the same day.

ffc73

Quote from: sarnian on July 31, 2019, 01:49:36 PM
They could have pre warned sooner as they must have known about the Chelsea clash once the premier league fixtures were announced. Both teams are never normally selected to play the same day.  The tv championship games were also released some time ago for the end of September.

True, I know because I made myself available for a family gathering on the Sunday once the EFL tv fixtures were announced.  I forgot that the PL tv fixtures could have caused a move for us and it is those that I believe have just been announced.  I assume that Chelsea have not been selected for tv and therefore we get bumped to Friday night.

ScalleysDad

Okay thanks. I get the angst and the Club has at least added some details but jeeeez all the same.

junior white

Quote from: sarnian on July 31, 2019, 02:43:39 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 31, 2019, 02:11:48 PM
Cohen they would have to do that for every fixture as we could be moved for TV ourselves or for Chelsea, that just isn't logistically possible. Also when the fixtures are announced it alwatys caveats with fixtures could be changed due to TV or other clashes.

I think you are missing the point. I do not dispute that games get moved for TV or for Chelsea progressing in Europe meaning a midweek game needs to be moved.

For years Fulham and Chelsea have never been scheduled to play at home on the same day. Suddenly out of the blue they have both been scheduled to play at home on 28 September. Both clubs must have been made aware of this clash since the fixtures were arranged in JUNE. TV games were arranged a few weeks ago for championship games at the end of September and that is when I booked my flights.

The club must have known then that their was still a possibility of change if Chelsea were not selected for TV. A bit of advance warning would not have been amiss.

I bet nobody on this board honestly knew that both teams were originally selected to play on the same day.
Not missing the point at all, but all fixtures are provisional, could happen in cup games as well. Club has always given as much notice to us as they can on most occassions.

Couldn't tell you last time it happened with Chelsea, but I think having a pop at the club in this instance is wrong, just my opinion

Nero

sarnian

075.gif. Just trying to get my frustrations off my chest. Booked flights when championship TV games were announced a few weeks ago and now have to pay £160 to change flights plus any increase in seat charges.  Yes I know that when we spend about £8k per season to follow Fulham it may be small fry but it's still frustrating

Berserker

poo I can't go now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Quote from: Berserker on July 31, 2019, 11:23:54 PM
poo I can't go now.

oh dear that doesn't sound right. I meant I can't go yo the match