more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nigel Clough

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 31, 2019, 01:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Tempest on July 31, 2019, 04:52:05 PM
Surely up to each club to manage within their means? Absolutely no responsibility from one club to support another.  Too many pro clubs. More need to fold and league needs to be streamlined.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Clubs are not getting into financial trouble because there are too many clubs but because there are some irresponsible or inept owners.

Clubs at lower levels have loyal and enthusiastic supporters just as most here feel about Fulham. Who are you to deprive them of that pleasure?

SG

Surely up to each club to manage within their means? Absolutely no responsibility from one club to support another.  Too many pro clubs. More need to fold and league needs to be streamlined.

David Dein, former Arsenal chairman said something similar in 1987 about Fulham. I have never forgotten that. By your measures we wouldn't exist now. I can't believe you mean what you have said.

Woolly Mammoth

I shall pretend I didn't read this, Football does not belong to the so called big clubs with rich suger daddy's to use as a crutch. Football is about the little clubs, they are the roots and the culture and the real heart beat of football, many run by volunteers for the benefit of the local community.
The individual who comes from say London but supports Man Utd, he has no roots like the locals and their small club, the Nan U guy supports them because he is a pot hunter first, not a real fan, he has no home, unlike the fans of the small clubs representing the local community who are the foundation of the football pyramid. Take away the foundation and it will collapse like a pack of cards, as it will end up being built on Sand. Never forget your roots.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 31, 2019, 06:17:24 PM

Clubs are not getting into financial trouble because there are too many clubs but because there are some irresponsible or inept owners.

Clubs at lower levels have loyal and enthusiastic supporters just as most here feel about Fulham. Who are you to deprive them of that pleasure.
:plus one:

And there by the grace of whoever go we.... let's hope that we never test tempest's philosophy on survival, as he may need to switch loyalties.

filham

Oh , how close we came to extinction, again thanks are due to Jimmy Hill and his team.

Football money needs sorting, much to much going to the big six and to the top players.

The Rational Fan

There are decent professional football players and coaches available for £52k per year and so you can get 40 staff for about £2 million per year, that is all a team needs to survive, which is 8,000 fans paying £15 each home game. The reason teams go broke is the borrow money they never end up earning.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: filham on July 31, 2019, 08:13:05 PM
Oh , how close we came to extinction, again thanks are due to Jimmy Hill and his team.

Football money needs sorting, much to much going to the big six and to the top players.

Players are the reason teams win and why people watch it on TV. They are getting paid what they earn. And because of promotion/relegation club owners should be able to spend what they want to move their club up the tiers. See Fulham under al Fayed. He threw his arms money into the Fulham money hole for glory and prime real estate.